Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Two top 10 picks in 2021 Draft?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Rams aren’t in good shape and they do not have a first rounder in this year’s draft to improve their roster. 

They’ve already lost:
1. RB Todd Gurley
2. LB Dante Fowler
3. DT Michael Brockers
4. LB Cory Littleton
5. LB Clay Matthews
6. CB Nickell Robey-Coleman
7. S Eric Weddle

And even lost their defensive coordinator Wade Phillips 

There are rumors swirling that they could be trying to trade Brandin Cooks and leaves them with Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods. With Jared Goff on a massive contract and only giving average quarterbacking play, I think the Rams could finish with one of the worst records in the NFL. The Rams are already in the toughest division with Arizona looking to take a giant leap with Deandre Hopkins and Kyler Murray. And they still have to pay Jalen Ramsey BIG money. 

How I see the NFC West shaping out
1. San Francisco 
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. Los Angeles Rams

The Jaguars, who own their 2021 first rounder, might be looking at 2 top 10 picks in next year’s draft

**I think there’s a chance the Rams could trade Aaron Donald. Sounds crazy but they could net 2 first rounders out of Donald to replenish their draft capital, jumpstart their rebuild, and offload his 22m/year contract. Maybe unlikely, but if something like that happens we could be looking at a top 5 pick.
(03-21-2020, 06:15 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: [ -> ]The Rams aren’t in good shape and they do not have a first rounder in this year’s draft to improve their roster. 

They’ve already lost:
1. RB Todd Gurley
2. LB Dante Fowler
3. DT Michael Brockers
4. LB Cory Littleton
5. LB Clay Matthews
7. S Eric Weddle

There are rumors swirling that they could be trying to trade Brandin Cooks and leaves them with Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods. With Jared Goff on a massive contract and only giving average quarterbacking play, I think the Rams could finish with one of the worst records in the NFL. The Rams are already in the toughest division with Arizona looking to take a giant leap with Deandre Hopkins and Kyler Murray. And they still have to pay Jalen Ramsey BIG money. 

1. San Francisco 
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. Los Angeles Rams

The Jaguars, who own their 2021 first rounder, might be looking at 2 top 10 picks in next year’s draft

**I think there’s a chance the Rams could trade Aaron Donald. Sounds crazy but they could net 2 first rounders out of Donald to replenish their draft capital, jumpstart their rebuild, and offload his 22m/year contract. Maybe unlikely, but if something like that happens we could be looking at a top 5 pick.

I like Hays Carlyon's tweet, where he (facetiously, of course) says the Jags could get the #1 overall pick from the Rams and the #32 overall pick when we also win the Super Bowl.  

Obviously, he's joking, but it is theoretically possible that we could win the Super Bowl and get the #1 overall pick in the draft.
(03-21-2020, 06:15 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: [ -> ]The Rams aren’t in good shape and they do not have a first rounder in this year’s draft to improve their roster. 

They’ve already lost:
1. RB Todd Gurley
2. LB Dante Fowler
3. DT Michael Brockers
4. LB Cory Littleton
5. LB Clay Matthews
7. S Eric Weddle

1. San Francisco 
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. Los Angeles Rams

I mentioned this last week in a different thread.  It's absolutely feasible to see this happening.  Rams just have no salary cap wiggle room - worse than the Jags.
How sweet would it be to come out with Trevor Lawrence and Penei Sewell next year?
(03-21-2020, 10:14 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]

They’ve already lost:
1. RB Todd Gurley
2. LB Dante Fowler
3. DT Michael Brockers
4. LB Cory Littleton
5. LB Clay Matthews
7. S Eric Weddle

1. San Francisco 
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. Seattle Seahawks
4. Los Angeles Rams

I mentioned this last week in a different thread.  It's absolutely feasible to see this happening.  Rams just have no salary cap wiggle room - worse than the Jags.

Funny how things work out in the NFL. So far, Caldwell is looking good with the trades he has made and his handling of the current free agent market. If he has another "A" draft like last year, this team will be in very good position for years to come.
(03-21-2020, 07:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I like Hays Carlyon's tweet, where he (facetiously, of course) says the Jags could get the #1 overall pick from the Rams and the #32 overall pick when we also win the Super Bowl.  

Obviously, he's joking, but it is theoretically possible that we could win the Super Bowl and get the #1 overall pick in the draft.

OK, this REALLY needs to get moved to the Teal Kool Aid thread.
(03-21-2020, 11:39 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2020, 07:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I like Hays Carlyon's tweet, where he (facetiously, of course) says the Jags could get the #1 overall pick from the Rams and the #32 overall pick when we also win the Super Bowl.  

OK, this REALLY needs to get moved to the Teal Kool Aid thread.

Already there, man!  Come by and get a swig!
I think we will be better than most expect this year
No one wants to play with that loser Jalen Ramsey.
If we have 2 top 10 picks that probably means Minshew was average at best, but if we are not no.1 overall I don’t see how whoever has that would trade out. How often are the no.1 overall teams not QB needy?
For those who know College Football way more than me, who are the top players next season outside of the 2 obvious QB's? Lets say for the sake of argument Minshew does relatively well and we have 2 picks inside the top 10.

Any game changers? Or too early to tell.
(03-21-2020, 03:59 PM)High Octane Wrote: [ -> ]For those who know College Football way more than me, who are the top players next season outside of the 2 obvious QB's?  Lets say for the sake of argument Minshew does relatively well and we have 2 picks inside the top 10.

Sewell - OT - Oregon

Looks like one of the top OT prospects to come out in a while.
I like Minshew, I think he is a starter in this league. With that I also strongly believe if we have the top pick, or 2 top 10 picks and can move up you take Lawrence. It's a no brainer. He is a franchise changing QB. All these picks we have will put some talent around him if we even do just decent in the draft.
(03-21-2020, 03:59 PM)High Octane Wrote: [ -> ]For those who know College Football way more than me, who are the top players next season outside of the 2 obvious QB's?  Lets say for the sake of argument Minshew does relatively well and we have 2 picks inside the top 10.

Gregory Rousseau - DE - Miami - Logged double digit sacks as a freshman last year and is already being compared to Calais Campbell. 

Penei Sewell - OT - Oregon - Received a 2nd place Heisman vote as a sophomore last year. 

Justyn Ross - WR - Clemson - Will be a top pick if he continues his production with Lawrence. Great playmaker.

Patrick Surtain Jr. - CB - Alabama - Patrick Surtain's son. Big CB. Physical. Should project well this year for 2021. 

Marvin Wilson - DT - Florida St. - Big Kid. Has improved just about every year as a Seminole. If he continues there's a good chance he sneaks into the top 10. 

Kyle Pitts - TE - Florida - Another Big Kid. Had a good year last year for the Gators. If they can win bigger games and his production goes up. He might sneak into the top 8 - 10 area like Marvin Wilson.
WR-Jamar Chase-LSU
LT-Alex Leatherwood-Alabama
MLB-Dylan Moses-Alabama
WR-DeVonta Smith-Alabama
Chase is my early WR1 leader. As much as I want Lawrence or Fields if we wound up with Sewell and Chase next year that would be pretty incredible too.
Pat Freiermuth- Tight End, Penn State
Quote:Gregory Rousseau - DE - Miami - Logged double digit sacks as a freshman last year and is already being compared to Calais Campbell. 

This, This very much so. Rousseau and Allen on the outsides...
(03-21-2020, 03:27 PM)Jags239 Wrote: [ -> ]If we have 2 top 10 picks that probably means Minshew was average at best, but if we are not no.1 overall I don’t see how whoever has that would trade out. How often are the no.1 overall teams not QB needy?
Lets say the Bengals pick first again. You think they keep it and take Lawerence?
(03-22-2020, 11:45 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]WR-Jamar Chase-LSU
LT-Alex Leatherwood-Alabama
MLB-Dylan Moses-Alabama
WR-DeVonta Smith-Alabama

This, there are some stud RBs as well 

NaJee Harris
Etienne
Hubbard 
Hill

Tre Smith is a guy I really hope we get next year
Pages: 1 2