Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags unexpectedly good in 2020?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You’ve seen the posts. I haven’t been happy about some of our signings, I’ll be the first to admit it. But recently I’ve been overwhelmed by these strange feelings of optimism in regards to our upcoming 2020 season..

How many times was this team predicted to be a low-key good team, only to fall flat on our face? This is the first year in about 3 seasons that we are coming into with 0 expectations. A partially gutted roster, void of much talent. A lackluster defense, and an overall young football team doesn’t look good on paper.

However.. I have this strange feeling about this upcoming year. A good feeling. A young, talented offense led by Gardner Minshew ll. An offensive line that has showed inconsistency but may just gel together when we draft an offensive tackle with our first pick. A fresh start, now that we have purged the locker room of big money players who brought in stellar play- but bad habits as well.

This team has let me down before. Many times. But I am excited for our upcoming year in 2020, and for some reason, I think we can actually win some games in this rebuild phase.
I don’t know how many of you want to tank for Trevor Lawrence, but let’s see what this kid Minshew can do. I think we will be surprised.

Lets go Jaggies.
It's the teal Kool-aid!!

Yummy! Yummy teal Kool Aid!!
(03-29-2020, 07:24 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]It's the teal Kool-aid!!

Yummy! Yummy teal Kool Aid!!

Just trying to be more optimistic.. I’ve been quite the Debbie downer lately. 

But the teal Kool-aid does taste pretty great.
Young talented offense? This team? The Jacksonville Jaguars?
(03-29-2020, 07:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Young talented offense? This team? The Jacksonville Jaguars?

Fournette 1k rusher 

Chark 1k receiver

Jawaan Taylor started all 16 games and got better throughout the year

Minshew snubbed for ROTY
(03-29-2020, 07:36 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2020, 07:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Young talented offense? This team? The Jacksonville Jaguars?

Fournette 1k rusher 

Chark 1k receiver

Minshew snubbed for ROTY

THAT's what I'm talking about!

My whole thing is that the team was actually entertaining last year, and I'm soooo looking forward to 4 first round picks in 2 years (at least).  Young team, fast team, nothing to lose.

Count me in.
I think they will be better then the media thinks but I think the defense will struggle and if we have the same line the offense will be inconsistent again.
I think we have better offensive coaching than before as well. Hopefully we take a step forward. I’m also feeling optimistic.

Fournette 1k rusher 

Chark 1k receiver

Minshew snubbed for ROTY

4 of 11 players and 3 of those are extremely unproven. On top of that, the most proven one, Fournette, is hardly reliable nor is he a game changing talent. I think we're at least a good draft away.
This can't be the same Talented Kalamari that we all know haha.

I agree with Protozoa but it all hinges on how the upcoming draft shakes out, player/coaching progression, and injuries (or lack thereof).

I'm thinking we end up 7-9 or maybe 8-8 if things fall our way.
My expectations for the coming season are low. My hope for the future is high with all the draft capital we have over the next two drafts + some of the young studs we have + our Lord and savior Gardner Minshew.

This season, there's a chance we could be decent, it all hinges on the QB tbh. There is a small chance.

Fournette 1k rusher 

Chark 1k receiver

Minshew snubbed for ROTY

Fournette won't be on the team this year or shouldn't be after his tweet. Minshew is the QB and not Cam Newton.
If Dave nails the draft I will feel good about this year
(03-29-2020, 09:50 PM)uthill Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2020, 07:36 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]Fournette 1k rusher 

Chark 1k receiver

Minshew snubbed for ROTY

Fournette won't be on the team this year or shouldn't be after his tweet. Minshew is the QB and not Cam Newton.

Tom Coughlin’s burner account? Is that you?
(03-29-2020, 08:22 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]

Chark 1k receiver

Minshew snubbed for ROTY

4 of 11 players and 3 of those are extremely unproven. On top of that, the most proven one, Fournette, is hardly reliable nor is he a game changing talent. I think we're at least a good draft away.
Well, let’s add to that Linder, Westbrook, and O’Shag. They aren’t too shabby.

(03-29-2020, 08:22 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]

Chark 1k receiver

Minshew snubbed for ROTY

Well, let’s add to that Linder, Westbrook, and O’Shag. They aren’t too shabby.
i want the 1st pick --- tank time
2020 Jaguars gonna be the Rams of 1999. Coming out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl.

Minshew = Kurt Warner
Fournette = Faulk
Chark = Issac Bruce
Tory Holt = Henry Ruggs
Dede Westbrook = Az Hakim
Chris Conley = Ricky Prohel
Tyler Eifert = Roland Williams
Cam Robinson = Orlando Pace
Josh Allen = Kevin Carter
Derrick Brown = Dmarco Farr
Schobert = London Fletcher
Myles Jack = Leonard Little
Quincy Williams = Mike Jones
Tre Herndon = Todd Lyght

Doug Marrone = Dick Vermeil
Jay Gruden = Mike Martz
Todd Wash = Peter Guinta
Shad Khan = Georgia Frontiere
what the hell are you guys smoking?
Man, I was wondering where I lost my teal shades. Glad to see they fell into a fellow jags fans hands. Watch out and don't take them off in the sunlight young talented kamari because it's blinding out here without them.

#gotstogetmesomenewshades

(03-30-2020, 12:10 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]2020 Jaguars gonna be the Rams of 1999.  Coming out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl.

Minshew = Kurt Warner
Fournette = Faulk
Chark = Issac Bruce
Tory Holt = Henry Ruggs
Cam Robinson  =  Orlando Pace
Tre Herndon = Todd Lyght

Doug Marrone  = Dick Vermeil
Jay Gruden = Mike Martz
Todd Wash = Peter Guinta
Whoa is this the most thought this dude's ever put in a post.  Holy snikies.
(03-30-2020, 01:59 AM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I was wondering where I lost my teal shades.  Glad to see they fell into a fellow jags fans hands.  Watch out and don't take them off in the sunlight young talented kamari because it's blinding out here without them.

#gotstogetmesomenewshades

(03-30-2020, 12:10 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]2020 Jaguars gonna be the Rams of 1999.  Coming out of nowhere to win the Super Bowl.

Minshew = Kurt Warner
Fournette = Faulk
Chark = Issac Bruce
Tory Holt = Henry Ruggs
Cam Robinson  =  Orlando Pace
Tre Herndon = Todd Lyght

Doug Marrone  = Dick Vermeil
Jay Gruden = Mike Martz
Todd Wash = Peter Guinta
Whoa is this the most thought this dude's ever put in a post.  Holy snikies.

Laughing

So true.  Good post @32277.  (Even if it's completely ridiculous.)
Pages: 1 2 3