Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ESPN Post-FA Team Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, whether real or not, ESPN has never given JAX a fair shake.  Just my opinion.  This story has Jags dropping from #28 to #30 after Free Agency.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2895...agency#JAX

*I did enjoy the picture of Farrah Fawcett and Jaclyn Smith on the side banner ad.
(03-30-2020, 04:02 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]First, whether real or not, ESPN has never given JAX a fair shake.  Just my opinion.  This story has Jags dropping from #28 to #30 after Free Agency.  

*I did enjoy the picture of Farrah Fawcett and Jaclyn Smith on the side banner ad.

The Jags have been the worst team over the past decade by far.  As such, I'd have to say that all of the negative stuff and low rankings ESPN has issued in the past 10 years has been fairly accurate.

#30 is pretty generous.
They traded away the few pieces they had left from that 2017 defense. And they still have Ngakoue's situation to address. It's reasonable to see why they're getting kicked in the balls (as usual) by the MSM. They botched a deal with that bungle's CB as well.

Trading away Foles was a good move. Getting a 5th for Campbell is pretty [BLEEP] box value wise. But I get why they did it. They need the cap space. And nothing is going to fix that horrendous run defense more than adding new players with viable experience.

That's the only argument I can make for them. This defense was historically bad last year with Campbell, Bouye and Ngakoue mostly intact within the starting line up. And the cap hits were too much to allow them to bolster their mistakes. The run defense has to be addressed this off season.

Losing Dareus and Campbell doesn't help that cause. But they still have the draft to add some pieces coupled with the free agency pick up's. I still think that Wash's inability to consistently scheme and gameplan accordingly is roughly 60% of this team's problem though. As this defense, even when it HAD talent, you heard consistent grumblings out of that lockeroom about his approach to the game.

How he still has a job after Marrone threw Hackett under the bus and ran of DeFilippo this off season is beyond me. But so it be. So it is.
Higher than I expected to be honest.
ESPN sucks. Who cares what they think?
Every year people cry this team gets "no respect", every year this team sucks though.
(03-30-2020, 04:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They traded away the few pieces they had left from that 2017 defense. And they still have Ngakoue's situation to address. It's reasonable to see why they're getting kicked in the balls (as usual) by the MSM. They botched a deal with that bungle's CB as well.

Trading away Foles was a good move. Getting a 5th for Campbell is pretty [BLEEP] box value wise. But I get why they did it. They need the cap space. And nothing is going to fix that horrendous run defense more than adding new players with viable experience.

That's the only argument I can make for them. This defense was historically bad last year with Campbell, Bouye and Ngakoue mostly intact within the starting line up. And the cap hits were too much to allow them to bolster their mistakes. The run defense has to be addressed this off season.

Losing Dareus and Campbell doesn't help that cause. But they still have the draft to add some pieces coupled with the free agency pick up's. I still think that Wash's inability to consistently scheme and gameplan accordingly is roughly 60% of this team's problem though. As this defense, even when it HAD talent, you heard consistent grumblings out of that lockeroom about his approach to the game.

How he still has a job after Marrone threw Hackett under the bus and ran of DeFilippo this off season is beyond me. But so it be. So it is.

I agree. Hackett was serviceable and did the best he could with Bortles and the lackluster receiving corps. DeFilippo wasn't bad last year. I think Marrone was being pressured by Coughlin to force feed Fournette and that trickled down to Flip. Fournette is an average back with limitations, not an offensive focal point. Better to have him than not have him I suppose. And when you consider that Flip was working with a rookie QB most of the season he deserves at least a B overall. 

Wash is stubbornly scheme-centric. It's not even his scheme. It's Pete Carroll's, and only Carroll has had any lasting success with it. It hasn't worked in Atlanta, and San Francisco's d-coordinator had to make big adjustments to it, even with the strong players he had. The vanilla scheme falls apart without an elite secondary and a ferocious pass rush. We had that in 2017, but not so much after that.
Should be 32
(03-30-2020, 04:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2020, 04:02 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]First, whether real or not, ESPN has never given JAX a fair shake.  Just my opinion.  This story has Jags dropping from #28 to #30 after Free Agency.  

The Jags have been the worst team over the past decade by far.  As such, I'd have to say that all of the negative stuff and low rankings ESPN has issued in the past 10 years has been fairly accurate.

#30 is pretty generous.

Not in a world where the Browns, Bucs, and Redskins exist.
(03-30-2020, 07:34 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2020, 04:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]The Jags have been the worst team over the past decade by far.  As such, I'd have to say that all of the negative stuff and low rankings ESPN has issued in the past 10 years has been fairly accurate.

#30 is pretty generous.

Not in a world where the Browns, Bucs, and Redskins exist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwi...ecade/amp/
Ahem.

ESPN thinks the Chicago Bears got a deal by acquiring Nick Foles from the Jags for a 4th rounder. Hence, the Chicago Bears at 19, the Jags at #30.
(03-30-2020, 09:18 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Ahem.

ESPN thinks the Chicago Bears got a deal by acquiring Nick Foles from the Jags for a 4th rounder.  Hence, the Chicago Bears at 19, the Jags at #30.

If it means they don't have to start Trubisky, I might agree?