Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Oh what could’ve been...(Jags drafting Calais)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Teams always tell multiple players they gonna draft them.
Harvey and Groves. I thought at the time the Jags had just landed their equivalent of Freeney and Mathis.....oops.
Should’ve just stayed put and drafted Calais and Cliff Avril.

Wonder what Calais’ career would’ve looked like if he got to play in a 4-3 the whole time. Playing in Arizona’s 3-4 had to hurt his sack stats.
Calais probably wouldn't be half the player he is now.. Jags probably would have ruined him early..
(04-12-2020, 10:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Calais probably wouldn't be half the player he is now.. Jags probably would have ruined him early..

Probably true. Our DL coach in those years was terrible.
I remember I went to a sports bar to watch that draft and when the Jags traded up to get Harvey I was sooo excited. I was on the phone with my friend saying we were gonna be in the Super Bowl.

What a terrible draft. Set us back years.
Get ready for more heartache after this draft. Either they will be good and the Jags will get rid of him or he will see what a sorry franchise this and want out.
(04-12-2020, 10:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Calais probably wouldn't be half the player he is now.. Jags probably would have ruined him early..

I was thinking the same thing.