Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ‘I Need More Beer,’ Pleads 93-Year-Old Woman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
‘I Need More Beer,’ Pleads 93-Year-Old Woman. Coors Responds Big League.

You know what they say, a beer a day keeps the doctor away.
At least that’s how a 93-year-old Pennsylvania woman lives her life.  Olive Veronesi ran out of beer while staying at home due to the pandemic.
She made a plea for help and Coors stepped up to the plate.

https://www.chicksonright.com/blog/2020/...GLmQVwqkWM
I need more beer too!
My grandmother passed away a couple of years ago at the age of 104.  I remember her coming over to our house and my father asking if she wanted something to drink and her answer (in Spanish) was "just a little bit of whiskey".  She also used to smoke a hand rolled cigarette every morning with her coffee.  She only smoked the one and wasn't a "regular smoker".

I'm by no means saying that smoking or drinking is "good for you", but my grandmother did that for most of her life and I would say that living to 104 was probably a pretty good life.

I personally drink a "beer or two" daily and smoke cigars on occasion.  I do also enjoy a small glass of bourbon on occasion as well.  I hope that I live to the same age as my grandmother (I'm over halfway there) but I doubt that will happen.  In the meantime I just enjoy living life.
Some people just have good genes.
I read an article on centenarians that explored if there were any commonalities between them. Some smoked, some drank, some smoked and drank, others were teetotalers. As expected, genetics is the key. However, there were three qualities that all shared which researchers attributed to their longevity.

The first is genetically related, but all took little to no medication. Chronic illnesses or conditions were almost nonexistent in the group they studied.
The second quality was their ability to handle stress. They typically possessed positive mental attitudes and did not dwell on their problems. Not surprisingly, a key to that worry-free outlook is that most had only one, or no, children.
The third aspect was diet and weight. Eating moderately and maintaining an ideal weight their entire lives contributed considerably to their robustness and probably contributed to the first quality of taking little to no medication.

The results are in. I'll be lucky to make 80.
(04-14-2020, 07:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I read an article on centenarians that explored if there were any commonalities between them. Some smoked, some drank, some smoked and drank, others were teetotalers. As expected, genetics is the key. However, there were three qualities that all shared which researchers attributed to their longevity.

The first is genetically related, but all took little to no medication. Chronic illnesses or conditions were almost nonexistent in the group they studied.
The second quality was their ability to handle stress. They typically possessed positive mental attitudes and did not dwell on their problems. Not surprisingly, a key to that worry-free outlook is that most had only one, or no, children.  
The third aspect was diet and weight. Eating moderately and maintaining an ideal weight their entire lives contributed considerably to their robustness and probably contributed to the first quality of taking little to no medication.

The results are in. I'll be lucky to make 80.

Wholeheartedly believe in that one, and an area I regularly struggle in. As I often preach to my father, you don't see many fat old guys.
I wonder what would happen if I posted a sign that I wanted more women?

Note how I kept it clean...
(04-15-2020, 08:26 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what would happen if I posted a sign that I wanted more women?

Are you talking to us, or your wife?
(04-15-2020, 08:45 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2020, 08:26 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what would happen if I posted a sign that I wanted more women?

Are you talking to us, or your wife?

Well, not you anyway...

More women or more of one woman? Advertising for the first would probably have a negative effect on your access to the second.