Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why does Olson call such slow developing run plays?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And why does it seem like he wants to play ball control when we are an uptempo finesse offense?

THE QB CAN'T DO FAST THINGS

Because he is a doo doo head poo poo face,

Because Olson secretly wears a mask to cover his trollface.

All these things make sense
Quote:Because Olson secretly wears a mask to cover his trollface.

[Image: trollface.jpg?1296494117]
Gus wants to run a Seattle style ball control offense. We can't run block so Olson has to call screens to get a "run" game going.

That's my take anyway. If I had my way I'd throw up a jump ball to Arob at least once every 5 plays or so.
Or the same predictable run play.

Twice today we had 2&1 and he calls a stretch to the left side both times resulted in a loss of 1. Or it's 3&1 or 2&3 and we are out of the shotgun.

Just a bad game plan
Quote:Because he is a doo doo head poo poo face,

My thoughts exactly.
idk but i was wondering the same thing. i even yelled why does the qb take forever to hand the ball off. By the time rb gets the ball, the defensive line has already overpowered the weak ol that we have which results in 2-3 yard gain or no gain. 

Quote:idk but i was wondering the same thing. i even yelled why does the qb take forever to hand the ball off. By the time rb gets the ball, the defensive line has already overpowered the weak ol that we have which results in 2-3 yard gain or no gain. 

And to add to that there is no lead blocker. How the [BLEEP] do they expect to find success playing like this?
Quote:THE QB CAN'T DO FAST THINGS
That`s odd since that`s been what Bortles has been best at, well that and bootlegs.

Bortles did great last year every time we went uptempo and used the deep ball. So what do we do? Stop throwing the deep ball and slow down the tempo, gotta love this coaching staff.
I remember when we'd line up Freddy or MJD behind Greg Jones and just pound the crap out of opposing defenses. Manuwai and Naoele would pave the way and defenses had to pay for every stop.

That's how you establish the run, not this shotgun draw bull crap that Olson calls. Ol Slickback needs to get canned along with Gus, he can't call a good game.
Quote:And to add to that there is no lead blocker. How the [BAD WORD REMOVED] do they expect to find success playing like this?

Damn I sure do miss Greg Jones
We feel the pain every time we run the ball. No pain no gain!
Quote:I remember when we'd line up Freddy or MJD behind Greg Jones and just pound the crap out of opposing defenses. Manuwai and Naoele would pave the way and defenses had to pay for every stop.

That's how you establish the run, not this shotgun draw bull crap that Olson calls. Ol Slickback needs to get canned along with Gus, he can't call a good game.

It's funny this team never does what they say. They get long, tall corners to play press and never play press. They get rid of the fullback position to focus on passing then try to jam the ball through a 9 man front lol. You can't make this up.

Either have the fullback and run or start having my 3-4 wideout sets and sling the ball all over the field.

Even Seattle still uses the fullback...
We've achieved complete failure. Why does anyone on the Jaguars do anything the way they do is a mystery.
I have a theory that Olsen wants to see how the defense responds. Are they sitting in coverage, do they plan man-to-man, what is the zone scheme, etc. I suspect they do so to validate the game plan and make adjustments. Problem is, the defense has well scouted our offense and has a better game plan - usually. We also seem to lack the level of OL talent needed to execute said game plan against a better defense and we rarely make adjustments. Ergo it all looks out of place, especially when the RB sees no holes. I have to watch other games to remind myself what a running lane looks like in the NFL.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...ard-TD-run

Quote:I have a theory that Olsen wants to see how the defense responds. Are they sitting in coverage, do they plan man-to-man, what is the zone scheme, etc. I suspect they do so to validate the game plan and make adjustments. Problem is, the defense has well scouted our offense and has a better game plan - usually. We also seem to lack the level of OL talent needed to execute said game plan against a better defense and we rarely make adjustments. Ergo it all looks out of place, especially when the RB sees no holes. I have to watch other games to remind myself what a running lane looks like in the NFL.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...ard-TD-run

Good summary.  Does Blake even have the ability to use check with me or do anything outside of what is called?  The shotgun stuff is flat odd when we need 1 or 2 yards.  I just don't get any of what we "try" to do.  We don't have a strong run blocking offensive line so why use stretch plays?
Called a great game until the last 5 min of the 4th quarter
Pages: 1 2