Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I'm allowing myself a 1 week furlough of my self imposed exile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a few months. I needed some time away after the decision to keep Marrone and the coaching staff was announced. As many of you guys know, I take football way too seriously and for the sake of my mental health, I needed/need time to just put football in the rear view mirror. I figured with the draft coming up this week, I would allow myself one week to engage with you guys and talk some football. If I don't, I'm gonna go crazy. With the covid-19 lock downs what else is there to do. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this pandemic. O.k. let's get to it. Here are some of my thoughts on the matters at hand. This might run a little long. 

1. Yannick Ngakoue- It's hard to believe at one time, he was my favorite player. This guy is a tumor on the locker room. I think we're all in agreement that he has to go. His attitude flat out sucks and just like any other cancer, he must be removed. I'd part with him straight up for a first round pick in 2021. That is what I want, a 2021 first round pick. I also see a scenario where I would trade him and the #9 pick to move up with the Lions or Giants to acquire the #3 or #4 pick. I would only do that though on one condition. CB Jeffrey Okudah has to be the reason we move up. I truly believe he is a generational talent. He is everything Jalen Ramsey wishes he could be, minus the attitude. Okudah is my favorite defensive player in this draft and along with Burrow, they are neck and neck as being the top overall players on my board. Given our need at the position, he would be the ideal pick IMO. Currently, I don't think we have one true starting CB on our roster. Herndon might turn into a solid #2 someday, but on almost any other team, he'd be a #3. We need to come out of this draft with no less than two very good CB's. Okudah would be an ideal start. 

2. Leonard Fournette- What happened to the player who was a solid character guy in college and other than lingering foot injuries, had no red flags coming out of college? Again, we have another malcontent. He's gotta go too. At this point, I take the best offer, what ever that may be. I'm hoping for at least a 4th round pick, but if we can't get that, take the best deal. He wasn't gonna be here after 2020 anyway. I believe a RB is only as good as the O-Line that blocks for him and as I have said over and over, our O-Line isn't very good. Why pay big money to a disgruntled RB like Fournette, when there is rarely any lanes to run through? It's time to move on. Whether or not the front office admits it, we are in a full on re-build, so it makes sense. 

3. I know a lot of the media is linking Tua to our team. I don't see it, because most of those so called, "experts" seem to have us trading up to get him. No way. I will go on record that I am a Tua fan. Is he a risk? Absolutely, but the talent is definitely there. Would I trade up to get him? Not on your life! The ONLY players I would trade up for are Burrow and Okudah and Cincinnati is rock solid on drafting Burrow, so that is out of the question. I could see a scenario where we would select Tua though. It would involve Burrow, Young, Okudah, Brown and Wirfs all being off the board by pick #9. In that case, Tua represents the BAP in my opinion. Do I wanna draft a QB this year? No, I'm all for giving Minshew a chance and then re-evaluating the position in 2021, when hopefully, we will have 3 first round picks, (after an impending Ngakoue trade.) This year is about truly drafting the BAP and if that happens to be Tua though, then so be it. If we do select him, I wouldn't let him see the field until 2021 though. Our line needs to be solidified before I would let any QB picked in the early rounds, play a down. 

4. As it stands, I see our two main draft targets for the #9 pick (Okudah and Brown), gone by the time we select. Currently, I have Okudah going to the Lions and Brown going to Carolina. We have no need for Simmons or basically anywhere to play him since acquiring Schobert and the impending move of Jack to the weak side. Frankly, this is a relief. I love the all-around ability of Simmons, but let's be honest, Todd Wash would have no idea how to use Simmons. He would be wasted here. That leaves four players as the most likely to be drafted at #9. I believe it will come down to OT Tristan Wirfs, DT Javon Kinlaw, WR Jerry Jeudy and WR CeeDee Lamb . Personally, my preference would be Wirfs, by a distant margin. The guy could be an uprade at LT, he can play RT and I believe he could be immediately installed at RG, where he could be a pro bowl caliber player, right away. I love his verasatility, which is something this O-Line has been missing profusely. I really like Kinlaw as well, but not as a NT. The more I see him, the more I see a 3 technique or even a 5 technique in 3-4 sets. Is that something we need? You'd get a resounding, "yes" from me. I believe we need to leave this draft with a true NT and a guy who can compete at the 3 technique as well. As for the receivers, I love Jeudy a Lamb, but I really don't wanna spend our first selection on a position that is so deep in this class. I'd rather trade down a few spots, but if we did take one of these two, I would not complain. 

5. The #20 spot is a bit of a different story. It kind of feels like everything at this spot would be a major gamble. If we took Wirfs at #9 and Kinlaw fell to #20, this would be an easy selection, but I don't see that happening. I could see us going WR here, if somehow Ruggs or Jefferson make it to this point. If we went Kinlaw or one of the receivers at #9, ideally we could take OT Andrew Thomas here, but I believe he will be long gone. I'm not sold on any of the 2nd tier CB's as a pick for #20 either, especially not Henderson. He's a very good cover guy, but his tackling is abysmal and I nearly went crazy watching all of the terrible tackling from the Jags in 2019. The last thing we need is to add another guy with terrible tackling techniques. We could take a DE here, but personally, I'd rather wait. Smoot added weight last season and looked really good in limited action. I believe he has the size and ability to play DE in a 4-3 set or a 3-4, if we move in that direction. I'd look to move out of this pick, possibly moving back into round 2 and picking up another first rounder in 2021, if we can. If we can't, this pick could go a number of ways. 

6. I'd have several goals for this draft though. Among these are........

1. Find at least 2 really good corners. This is a must. 

2. Find a true NT and a pass rushing 3 technique.

3. I'd want to add competition at LT, add an OG prospect with past experience playing LT and possibly add a swing tackle candidate in the 6th or 7th rounds as I believe Cam Robinson will be gone after this season. 

4. Find a replacement for Fournette. 

5. Add another weapon at the receiving position for Minshew. 

6. I'd also like to add competition at FS, TE and DE as well.
Welcome back. Stay back. Come in off the ledge.
That injury report about Kinlaw having both knees and a hip medical red flagged took me him off the board for me in round 1. If we took him at 20 it would be a mistake. Maybe at 42 but I still don't think he'd be much better than some of the guys there without big red flags.

I agree Okudah will be gone and Simmons would be used disastrously but Wash. Therefore the easy draft pick should be one of Wirfs, Wills jr, or Thomas at 9. Then whichever of the big 4 WRs falls to 20 cause one of them will.
(04-19-2020, 10:25 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome back. Stay back. Come in off the ledge.

Thanks. I'm gonna try to stay semi-sane, at least for a week.  Smile
(04-19-2020, 10:32 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]That injury report about Kinlaw having both knees and a hip medical red flagged took me him off the board for me in round 1. If we took him at 20 it would be a mistake. Maybe at 42 but I still don't think he'd be much better than some of the guys there without big red flags.

I agree Okudah will be gone and Simmons would be used disastrously but Wash. Therefore the easy draft pick should be one of Wirfs, Wills jr, or Thomas at 9. Then whichever of the big 4 WRs falls to 20 cause one of them will.

I'm taking that report with a grain of salt. There is a lot of false information out there and I haven't heard anything on ESPN or Fox Sports or any other major media outlet regarding him being red flagged. Until I hear 100% confirmation, I'm keeping him where I have him. That story could be false information, put out there to make him slide. It's a common practice in the NFL. 

Right now, I have us taking Wirfs at #9 and Justin Jefferson at #20. It's not ideal, but I would be satisfied, especially if we could land CB Jaylon Johnson or Michael Ojemudia in round 2 and NT Davon Hamilton in round 3.
(04-19-2020, 10:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]It's been a few months. I needed some time away after the decision to keep Marrone and the coaching staff was announced. As many of you guys know, I take football way too seriously and for the sake of my mental health, I needed/need time to just put football in the rear view mirror. I figured with the draft coming up this week, I would allow myself one week to engage with you guys and talk some football. If I don't, I'm gonna go crazy. With the covid-19 lock downs what else is there to do. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this pandemic. O.k. let's get to it. Here are some of my thoughts on the matters at hand. This might run a little long. 

1. Yannick Ngakoue- It's hard to believe at one time, he was my favorite player. This guy is a tumor on the locker room. I think we're all in agreement that he has to go. His attitude flat out sucks and just like any other cancer, he must be removed. I'd part with him straight up for a first round pick in 2021. That is what I want, a 2021 first round pick. I also see a scenario where I would trade him and the #9 pick to move up with the Lions or Giants to acquire the #3 or #4 pick. I would only do that though on one condition. CB Jeffrey Okudah has to be the reason we move up. I truly believe he is a generational talent. He is everything Jalen Ramsey wishes he could be, minus the attitude. Okudah is my favorite defensive player in this draft and along with Burrow, they are neck and neck as being the top overall players on my board. Given our need at the position, he would be the ideal pick IMO. Currently, I don't think we have one true starting CB on our roster. Herndon might turn into a solid #2 someday, but on almost any other team, he'd be a #3. We need to come out of this draft with no less than two very good CB's. Okudah would be an ideal start. 

2. Leonard Fournette- What happened to the player who was a solid character guy in college and other than lingering foot injuries, had no red flags coming out of college? Again, we have another malcontent. He's gotta go too. At this point, I take the best offer, what ever that may be. I'm hoping for at least a 4th round pick, but if we can't get that, take the best deal. He wasn't gonna be here after 2020 anyway. I believe a RB is only as good as the O-Line that blocks for him and as I have said over and over, our O-Line isn't very good. Why pay big money to a disgruntled RB like Fournette, when there is rarely any lanes to run through? It's time to move on. Whether or not the front office admits it, we are in a full on re-build, so it makes sense. 

3. I know a lot of the media is linking Tua to our team. I don't see it, because most of those so called, "experts" seem to have us trading up to get him. No way. I will go on record that I am a Tua fan. Is he a risk? Absolutely, but the talent is definitely there. Would I trade up to get him? Not on your life! The ONLY players I would trade up for are Burrow and Okudah and Cincinnati is rock solid on drafting Burrow, so that is out of the question. I could see a scenario where we would select Tua though. It would involve Burrow, Young, Okudah, Brown and Wirfs all being off the board by pick #9. In that case, Tua represents the BAP in my opinion. Do I wanna draft a QB this year? No, I'm all for giving Minshew a chance and then re-evaluating the position in 2021, when hopefully, we will have 3 first round picks, (after an impending Ngakoue trade.) This year is about truly drafting the BAP and if that happens to be Tua though, then so be it. If we do select him, I wouldn't let him see the field until 2021 though. Our line needs to be solidified before I would let any QB picked in the early rounds, play a down. 

4. As it stands, I see our two main draft targets for the #9 pick (Okudah and Brown), gone by the time we select. Currently, I have Okudah going to the Lions and Brown going to Carolina. We have no need for Simmons or basically anywhere to play him since acquiring Schobert and the impending move of Jack to the weak side. Frankly, this is a relief. I love the all-around ability of Simmons, but let's be honest, Todd Wash would have no idea how to use Simmons. He would be wasted here. That leaves four players as the most likely to be drafted at #9. I believe it will come down to OT Tristan Wirfs, DT Javon Kinlaw, WR Jerry Jeudy and WR CeeDee Lamb . Personally, my preference would be Wirfs, by a distant margin. The guy could be an uprade at LT, he can play RT and I believe he could be immediately installed at RG, where he could be a pro bowl caliber player, right away. I love his verasatility, which is something this O-Line has been missing profusely. I really like Kinlaw as well, but not as a NT. The more I see him, the more I see a 3 technique or even a 5 technique in 3-4 sets. Is that something we need? You'd get a resounding, "yes" from me. I believe we need to leave this draft with a true NT and a guy who can compete at the 3 technique as well. As for the receivers, I love Jeudy a Lamb, but I really don't wanna spend our first selection on a position that is so deep in this class. I'd rather trade down a few spots, but if we did take one of these two, I would not complain. 

5. The #20 spot is a bit of a different story. It kind of feels like everything at this spot would be a major gamble. If we took Wirfs at #9 and Kinlaw fell to #20, this would be an easy selection, but I don't see that happening. I could see us going WR here, if somehow Ruggs or Jefferson make it to this point. If we went Kinlaw or one of the receivers at #9, ideally we could take OT Andrew Thomas here, but I believe he will be long gone. I'm not sold on any of the 2nd tier CB's as a pick for #20 either, especially not Henderson. He's a very good cover guy, but his tackling is abysmal and I nearly went crazy watching all of the terrible tackling from the Jags in 2019. The last thing we need is to add another guy with terrible tackling techniques. We could take a DE here, but personally, I'd rather wait. Smoot added weight last season and looked really good in limited action. I believe he has the size and ability to play DE in a 4-3 set or a 3-4, if we move in that direction. I'd look to move out of this pick, possibly moving back into round 2 and picking up another first rounder in 2021, if we can. If we can't, this pick could go a number of ways. 

3. I'd want to add competition at LT, add an OG prospect with past experience playing LT and possibly add a swing tackle candidate in the 6th or 7th rounds as I believe Cam Robinson will be gone after this season. 

Agreed with the previous poster in welcoming you back and urging you to stay. I urge you to stay safe as well.

As to the substance of your post...

1.  I don't see him as a tumor.  I see a guy who has been productive and not a character issue for four years not being rewarded by the team for his productivity,  He has zero leverage, so he is doing whatever he can to get traded.  It worked for Ramsey.  That said, I realize he probably will be dealt, and I am with you in that he probably will be traded and we need to get no less than a first round pick in return (or a trade up into the top 3.)

2.  LF demonstrated some maturity issues his first two years, but stepped up in that area last year.  However, his frankness in addressing the QB position I think is what ultimately led to the team trying to trade him now.

3.  Agreed completely with the Tua take.  Without the health issues, I would be more than willing to trade up for him.  But that said, I take him only if he falls to us at 9, and I keep him on the bench until I knew he was fully recovered and we could protect him.

4.  I like your top two targets.  However, it is doubtful either will be there at 9.  If Okudah is there, I take him.  If Brown is there, I think I try to trade down a couple of spots and still take him.  As for your next tier...I agree with these guys, too, though I have a clear preference for Jeudy over Lamb.  In fact, I would substitute Thomas or Ruggs for Lamb.

5.  To me, I'm thinking we need to trade up from 20 to get a quality guy, because around that spot (maybe a couple of spots before) there is a drop off in talent.  In my mind, a combo of Wirfs/Thomas and Jeudy or Wirfs/Thomas and Brown or any two player combination of the players we discussed above would be ideal.  Barring that, I would hope a guy dropped to us that we'd like.  Barring that, my last hope would be for Jordan Love to be available then, and a team below us like New Orleans or Green bay would be willing to trade up.

As four your goals, if we take Marrone and Caldwell at face value, the priority will be playmakers for Minshew.  Might we land a CB?  Yeah.  Might we land a DT?  Yeah.  ight we land an OL?  Yeah/  But even assuming three more picks this year with trades of Fournette and Ngakoue, I don't think we adequately address all of the goals you mention.
Anyone saw Kinlaw squatting (people say it wasn't a squat but looked like one) 2000 lbs? Daniel Jeremiah posted it on Twitter and Instagram but then deleted it.

I think that report on Kinlaw is bs.
Welcome back. I get where your coming from. My week can be really better/worse depending on how the Jags do on a Sunday and last season was a real tough one.

On Yan, ive been a big supporter of the guy and would have paid whatever it took to keep him here. But im so angry at him for the way hes acted trying to get out. I hate the fact you can just act as a problem and get your way. If we let Ramsey and Yan walk that way, two of our best players, what message does that send to the rest of the locker room?

But you cant let that stuff slide. Yes, important players have more of a say in the locker room but if your fining rookie guys for small things then letting bigger players off, its just a matter of time.

He seems hell bent on getting out of here and even with Coughlin gone its irreparable apparently. Just sad to see it get to this place
Missed you dawg!
(04-19-2020, 11:37 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2020, 10:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]It's been a few months. I needed some time away after the decision to keep Marrone and the coaching staff was announced. As many of you guys know, I take football way too seriously and for the sake of my mental health, I needed/need time to just put football in the rear view mirror. I figured with the draft coming up this week, I would allow myself one week to engage with you guys and talk some football. If I don't, I'm gonna go crazy. With the covid-19 lock downs what else is there to do. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this pandemic. O.k. let's get to it. Here are some of my thoughts on the matters at hand. This might run a little long. 

Agreed with the previous poster in welcoming you back and urging you to stay. I urge you to stay safe as well.

As to the substance of your post...

1.  I don't see him as a tumor.  I see a guy who has been productive and not a character issue for four years not being rewarded by the team for his productivity,  He has zero leverage, so he is doing whatever he can to get traded.  It worked for Ramsey.  That said, I realize he probably will be dealt, and I am with you in that he probably will be traded and we need to get no less than a first round pick in return (or a trade up into the top 3.)

2.  LF demonstrated some maturity issues his first two years, but stepped up in that area last year.  However, his frankness in addressing the QB position I think is what ultimately led to the team trying to trade him now.

3.  Agreed completely with the Tua take.  Without the health issues, I would be more than willing to trade up for him.  But that said, I take him only if he falls to us at 9, and I keep him on the bench until I knew he was fully recovered and we could protect him.

4.  I like your top two targets.  However, it is doubtful either will be there at 9.  If Okudah is there, I take him.  If Brown is there, I think I try to trade down a couple of spots and still take him.  As for your next tier...I agree with these guys, too, though I have a clear preference for Jeudy over Lamb.  In fact, I would substitute Thomas or Ruggs for Lamb.

5.  To me, I'm thinking we need to trade up from 20 to get a quality guy, because around that spot (maybe a couple of spots before) there is a drop off in talent.  In my mind, a combo of Wirfs/Thomas and Jeudy or Wirfs/Thomas and Brown or any two player combination of the players we discussed above would be ideal.  Barring that, I would hope a guy dropped to us that we'd like.  Barring that, my last hope would be for Jordan Love to be available then, and a team below us like New Orleans or Green bay would be willing to trade up.

As four your goals, if we take Marrone and Caldwell at face value, the priority will be playmakers for Minshew.  Might we land a CB?  Yeah.  Might we land a DT?  Yeah.  ight we land an OL?  Yeah/  But even assuming three more picks this year with trades of Fournette and Ngakoue, I don't think we adequately address all of the goals you mention.

Thanks. 

I took the Ngakoue thing pretty hard, because as I said, the guy was my favorite player. After we drafted Josh Allen last year, I was ecstatic. I thought we'd have bookend DE's for at least the next 6-7 years. Seeing that slip away made me hold a lot of resentment for the guy. I don't know why he is holding such a grudge. Part of me thinks there might be a tinge of jeolousy involved too. Maybe he knew Campbell's time with the team was coming to an end and he thought he was gonna be "the guy", but after Allen had the year that he had, Ngakoue might have realized he might have to play "second fiddle" to a rookie. I'm not saying that is what's happening, but I do believe it doesn't help his situation. In any case, I see no resolution to the situation other than a trade and I'm just ready to be done with it.

I agree on LF. You can't just go against your QB like that. I suspect he did it on purpose, knowing Newton was not an option, but as a way to expedite his own departure from the team. Since this team is in full re-building mode and expectations are low, it's no loss. If we improve the O-Line, the running game, (who ever that may be at RB,) will get better. 

I think if healthy, Tua could be the next Drew Brees, but that is a big "if". His injury history scares me, but not to the point where I wouldn't draft him if he fell to #9. I just wouldn't trade up for him, knowing we have two 1st round picks in 2021 and may likely end up with a third. In a perfect world, imagine being able to draft QB Trevor Lawrence and LT Penei Sewell next year. I know that's not gonna happen, but I can dream. I definitely think Okudah and Brown will be gone. I'm a big fan of Wirfs, but I personally prefer Andrew Thomas. I believe the team prefers Wirfs though. I believe they really want Cam Robinson to win the LT job and won't want to directly challenge him with a pure LT like Thomas. With Wirfs, his ability to play LT, RT and both OG positions may be more palatable and less of a threat to Robinson. That way if he does well, fine. We can plug Wirfs into the RG position, but if he fails, Wirfs will be in place to take over at LT. As for the WR's, Jeudy is definitely my favorite, because of his precise route running and hands. I have Lamb slightly ahead of Ruggs, but only by the slightest of margins. It basically comes down to Lamb's size, body control and ability to make contested catches, against Ruggs speed, hands and big play ability. I'd be happy with either. 

I'd be totally in favor of moving up from #20, as long as we didn't use any 2021 picks to do so. A combination of Wirfs and Ruggs or Jeudy and Thomas would be fantastic. As long as it doesn't involved Wills or Becton. Wills has zero experience at LT and while Becton is a fantastic pass protector, his run blocking is pretty pedestrian. Not worthy of a high/mid first round pick IMO. 

I think we have to get a starting CB, somehow, someway. If we go into the season with Tre Herndon on one side and Rashaan Melvin on the other, opposing QB's are gonna set records against us. The same situation at NT. Al Woods is big, but he's not very good. I don't see any upgrade from what we had at the end of last season. I do think Tyler Eifert has a chance to be a major contributor this coming season, as long as he stays healthy. When he wasn't on I.R. (which was a lot), he was a difference maker here in Cincinnati.

(04-19-2020, 11:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone saw Kinlaw squatting (people say it wasn't a squat but looked like one) 2000 lbs? Daniel Jeremiah posted it on Twitter and Instagram but then deleted it.

I think that report on Kinlaw is bs.

Personally, I don't believe that report either. I believe it was put out there to get him to slide.
(04-19-2020, 11:59 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome back. I get where your coming from. My week can be really better/worse depending on how the Jags do on a Sunday and last season was a real tough one.

On Yan, ive been a big supporter of the guy and would have paid whatever it took to keep him here. But im so angry at him for the way hes acted trying to get out. I hate the fact you can just act as a problem and get your way. If we let Ramsey and Yan walk that way, two of our best players, what message does that send to the rest of the locker room?

But you cant let that stuff slide. Yes, important players have more of a say in the locker room but if your fining rookie guys for small things then letting bigger players off, its just a matter of time.

He seems hell bent on getting out of here and even with Coughlin gone its irreparable apparently. Just sad to see it get to this place

Yeah. As Jaguars fans, we all know what it is like to be disappointed over and over and over and over and over etc. I'm just not handling it as well as I get older. I don't wanna die without seeing my team in a Superbowl. I turn 50 next year, so I don't have much time left. 

I was always a huge fan of Yannick, but his behavior really ticked me off. I'm just hoping we dump him for a 2021 first rounder on in a package deal with the #9 pick to move up and take Okudah. That would be ideal. I wish he would have stayed though. It would've been really nice to have bookend DE's for the next 6-7 years. Oh well.........

(04-19-2020, 12:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Missed you dawg!

Thanks, I missed talking Jags football with you guys too.
Good to see you back. Your passion is undisputable. I would suggest you keep your expectations low regarding decisions our brass makes. That way you won't be as disappointed when they make what you consider to be a terrible move. Don't deny yourself the enjoyment and distraction of this web-sight. In reality, nobody knows for sure how well any of these draft picks will do next season. However, it is definitely enjoyable to see how many of our opinions turn out to be correct. That being said, these are my opinions on your take:

1. Totally agree they need to trade Yannick. This team does not need any locker-room distractions. They will get a 1st rounder from someone.

2. Same with Fournette. Maybe the worst decision in this franchise's history was taking him over Mahomes. I know, we're not the only team that passed early on Mahomes, but imagine how different this team would be if he was the choice. That being said, he should be worth a 3rd rounder to someone.

3.I also agree that Okudah and Brown should be the top 2 targets. I have a hunch Brown will fall to 9 and he will be the pick.

4. Tua is a real hard one for me. Despite his amazing accuracy, his injury risk is too great for me. I believe he will drop on draft day. However, I would take him at 20, but he won't fall quite that far. The same goes for Kinlaw. I'd be almost as upset with him at 9 as you would be with Henderson. If he falls to 20, however, he'd be a good pick.

5. My only real disagreement with you is about Henderson. If he's the cover guy many think he can be, I can deal with the fact that he misses some tackles. That didn't stop Deion from making the Hall of Fame. No, I'm not saying he will be as good as Deion, but this team desperately needs someone to cover the opponent's number 1 receiver. It's not Herndon and I have little faith that any of the tier 2 guys (Diggs, Terrell, Gladney, etc.) will be number 1 corners in the NFL.

That's all. Hope you stick around for awhile.
(04-19-2020, 01:31 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]Good to see you back. Your passion is undisputable. I would suggest you keep your expectations low regarding decisions our brass makes. That way you won't be as disappointed when they make what you consider to be a terrible move. Don't deny yourself the enjoyment and distraction of this web-sight. In reality, nobody knows for sure how well any of these draft picks will do next season. However, it is definitely enjoyable to see how many of our opinions turn out to be correct. That being said, these are my opinions on your take:

1. Totally agree they need to trade Yannick. This team does not need any locker-room distractions. They will get a 1st rounder from someone.

2. Same with Fournette. Maybe the worst decision in this franchise's history was taking him over Mahomes. I know, we're not the only team that passed early on Mahomes, but imagine how different this team would be if he was the choice. That being said, he should be worth a 3rd rounder to someone.

3.I also agree that Okudah and Brown should be the top 2 targets. I have a hunch Brown will fall to 9 and he will be the pick.

4. Tua is a real hard one for me. Despite his amazing accuracy, his injury risk is too great for me. I believe he will drop on draft day. However, I would take him at 20, but he won't fall quite that far. The same goes for Kinlaw. I'd be almost as upset with him at 9 as you would be with Henderson. If he falls to 20, however, he'd be a good pick.

5. My only real disagreement with you is about Henderson. If he's the cover guy many think he can be, I can deal with the fact that he misses some tackles. That didn't stop Deion from making the Hall of Fame. No, I'm not saying he will be as good as Deion, but this team desperately needs someone to cover the opponent's number 1 receiver. It's not Herndon and I have little faith that any of the tier 2 guys (Diggs, Terrell, Gladney, etc.) will be number 1 corners in the NFL.

Thanks. It feels good to be back. 

The difference between Deion Sanders and Henderson (other than the obvious), is that Sanders could tackle. He just chose not to. He wasn't physical, because of his amazing speed and coverage. Henderson is fast, but he is nowhere close to Deion's speed or coverage ability and the main difference is that Henderson just has terrible technique when it comes to tackling. He's sloppy and I can't deal with that. He certainly isn't gonna get help with his technique here, either. Wash either doesn't teach tackling or he doesn't know what he's doing, when he is trying to teach it. If we drafted Henderson, I certainly wouldn't expect his technique to get any better. When you miss tackles in the secondary, big plays are gonna haunt you.
(04-19-2020, 10:32 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]That injury report about Kinlaw having both knees and a hip medical red flagged took me him off the board for me in round 1. If we took him at 20 it would be a mistake. Maybe at 42 but I still don't think he'd be much better than some of the guys there without big red flags.

You got a link on that about Kinlaw?
(04-19-2020, 02:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2020, 01:31 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: [ -> ]Good to see you back. Your passion is undisputable. I would suggest you keep your expectations low regarding decisions our brass makes. That way you won't be as disappointed when they make what you consider to be a terrible move. Don't deny yourself the enjoyment and distraction of this web-sight. In reality, nobody knows for sure how well any of these draft picks will do next season. However, it is definitely enjoyable to see how many of our opinions turn out to be correct. That being said, these are my opinions on your take:

Thanks. It feels good to be back. 

The difference between Deion Sanders and Henderson (other than the obvious), is that Sanders could tackle. He just chose not to. He wasn't physical, because of his amazing speed and coverage. Henderson is fast, but he is nowhere close to Deion's speed or coverage ability and the main difference is that Henderson just has terrible technique when it comes to tackling. He's sloppy and I can't deal with that. He certainly isn't gonna get help with his technique here, either. Wash either doesn't teach tackling or he doesn't know what he's doing, when he is trying to teach it. If we drafted Henderson, I certainly wouldn't expect his technique to get any better. When you miss tackles in the secondary, big plays are gonna haunt you.
You may be correct, but I have a little more confidence than you that he can learn to get better. It doesn't seem like rocket science to learn to tackle better. From all I've read about him, he's a quiet kid who will work hard. Again, don't be a stranger to this sight!
We have to come away from this draft with a starting Safety and a starting CB.

I’m one of the very few that thinks Oline can be camouflaged by good QB play. Just gimme just big ugliest who want to play.

I would try my best to keep 91 and 27, and I would go get a starting WR. I believe Oliver and Eifert will play above average at TE.

Josh Allen is a stud. I’m hoping Jack bounces back. I’m excited to see Minshew in Gruden’s offense.
Good post man. Welcome back for the time being. I agree with pretty much everything you said.
(04-19-2020, 07:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]We have to come away from this draft with a starting Safety and a starting CB.

I’m one of the very few that thinks Oline can be camouflaged by good QB play. Just gimme just big ugliest who want to play.

I would try my best to keep 91 and 27, and I would go get a starting WR. I believe Oliver and Eifert will play above average at TE.

Josh Allen is a stud. I’m hoping Jack bounces back. I’m excited to see Minshew in Gruden’s offense.

Same here. I think moving him out from the middle will do wonders for him.