Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: WR M. Lee Released (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is there a certain date we need to cut him before he gets some guarantee money? Are we not gonna cut Lee?  I'm at the point now where we just need to keep him this year because it doesn't look like we will use the money  else where
If we cut him today, 3.5M dead money on the cap. If we wait (or designate as post- June 1), that number halves to 1.75M, according to OTC.

If he's not in the team's plans, Dave is generally good about letting these guys go so that they can get in early with another team in hopes of sticking to their roster. At this point, they are either keeping him around to compete with the rest of the receivers on the roster in whatever preseason there is, or they are keeping him on the roster to provide medical/other resources he might not otherwise have access to as an FA.

It's a head-scratcher, for sure, I really don't think his contract warrants a spot on the roster, even if he outplays a few rooks or younger guys over a few weeks of practice/preseason.
I think it's pretty obvious why he's still on the roster. They still have the draft to add maybe another WR or two. And they gave Cole an extension this off season. They still have Chark, Conley & Westbrook.

What I think will happen is that they'll either find a top WR in the draft between the first two, three rounds. Could be Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Higgins, Mims, Pittman Jr. or Gandy-Golden. Then cut him.

Or, they'll miss out on a WR early and decide to keep him. He's still a veteran. He still has some potential if he can stay healthy. But a lot of it boils down to the draft towards the end of this month.

We're actually in a very unique position with that 9th overall pick. We could literally start the run on at the WR position in RD1 this year if we decide to take the best guy at the position based on their wants and needs.
If an awesome WR is at 9, would you trade down and stockpile?  I think I'd might even fleece someone for 2021 picks at this point.  This team needs more than 1 draft even with all the picks we have.
What a disappointment he has been.
I am for taking a top wideout this year, Especially if we Garner another second round pick with the 91 trade
Out of all the players released or trading, he should have been gone. He getting the unwarranted extension like Dave and Doug. I really don't understand the moves and things that have been done here.
Marquise Lee is a "vested veteran", meaning a player that has played/accrued 4 or more seasons in the league. As a vested veteran, if he remains on the roster by the first game of the season, his full season's base salary of $6.25m will be guaranteed and continue to count against the Jag's cap (even if released anytime before the end of the season). He also has a $750k roster bonus that is due to him this year, but the exact date is not published or public knowledge.

So, if you don't believe Marqise to be worthy of a roster spot, the maximum cap savings would need to be the date before his roster bonus is due, and absolutely anytime before the 1st regular season game.
Its pretty much a given that Lee's time here in Jax is done.

Quite unfortunate because I was really rooting for him to do well - just sad that his career stalled due to injuries.
Yeah he'll be gone before the start of season he never could stay healthy and he had good potential but barely plays
One of the bigger disappointments in recent Jaguar history. 4th round Westbrook is outplaying him by a mile.
Only thing he really brings that the others don't is his run blocking, but he's not paid to be a run blocker. Has a wr.
(04-02-2020, 07:35 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]Only thing he really brings that the others don't is his run blocking, but he's not paid to be a run blocker. Has a wr.

When healthy he is one of the best WR's at crossing routes.  I do fell if he is 100% he could contribute in that aspect
The hilarious thing is when you google albino tiger football, a picture of him pops up.

He was training last week

[Image: 6c40704dca10bf79174c3535baca9cf5.jpg]
(04-20-2020, 02:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Released

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1252309370785988611

"One of their most productive receivers."

Ian Rapoport shouldn't report on something about which he knows nothing.
Oh yeah, big surprise Ian...
(04-20-2020, 02:51 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Released

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1252309370785988611

One of their most...productive...receivers?  How could he even type that with a straight face?  Listen: I love the guy, and wish him the best but wow.

Out of 80 possible games:  he played in 59 and started 30.  In 5 years, 174 receptions, 2184 yards, and 8 TDS.  

For comp: Dede Westbrook in 3 years: 159/1716/10
               Keelan Cole in 3 years: 101/1533/6
               DJ Chark in TWO years: 87/1182/8
Finally
In surprising move, Jaguars release WR Marqise Lee

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...arqise-lee

With plenty of chatter about roster moves for the Jaguars, Jacksonville is pulling off a surprising release of wide receiver Marqise Lee.
Pages: 1 2 3 4