Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Season Tickets Terms and Conditions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone ever read the Jaguars Season Tickets Terms and Conditions?  I did so in the event they cancel games this upcoming season.

Section 9 below states that if the Jags play less than 8 home games (6 regular season + 2 preseason) they shall compensate you non-cash substitute benefits of the equivalent ticket value at their sole discretion.  As such, if I spend $5,000 on 4 season tickets and the Jags do not play any home games this season, they can keep my payments and compensate me with $5,000 worth of future benefits.  This 2020 payment will likely be applied to the 2021 season but the way the contract reads, they could actually give me coupons (aka non-cash benefits) worth $5 off of my next 100 concession purchases.  [BLEEP] !!!    OK, now there is a caveat that covers us to the extent that there is an exclusion that applies to events of Force Majeure (e.g. Pandemic) in which the Jags reserve their right to reschedule the games BUT IF THE SEASON IS ALL OUT CANCELLED, THERE IS NO PROVISION THAT STATES WE GET OUR MONEY BACK.  Perhaps my non-cash benefit equivalent will be 10 TVs valued at $5,000 or perhaps a Room to Go Living Room set.  By contract, they can actually do that.  Should I hold off on my shopping?

9. Substitution for Unavailable Games.  Member agrees that if Club plays fewer than eight Games during the Season under this Agreement, Member shall receive, as Member’s sole remedy, non-cash substitute benefits of a value equivalent to the value of the Tickets for each unavailable Game, except that if the reason for the decrease in the number of Games is due to a cause set forth in Section 10, Club may elect not to make such substitution and the provisions of Section 10 shall apply. Any non-cash substitute benefits provided to Member shall be determined by Club in its sole discretion and the value thereof shall be determined by Club in its reasonable discretion. Any action by Club in accordance with this paragraph shall satisfy all Club obligations with respect to the unavailable Games. Member agrees that for any Club home games played in venues other than the Stadium, Member shall not be entitled to the use of any tickets at such other venue or to modification of this Agreement (including the Total Amount Due), and Club shall not be deemed in breach of this Agreement. Member acknowledges that notwithstanding the number of events that have been previously held or are expected to be held at the Stadium, Member has received no guarantee from Club of the number of Games at the Stadium during the Term. 

10. Force Majeure; Rescheduling.  Without any limitation of Section 9, Club (a) shall be excused for the period of any delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder and (b) shall not be required to host Games when prevented from doing so by cause or causes beyond Club’s control, which shall include, without limitation, all strikes, lock-outs and other labor disputes, civil commotion, war, war-like operations, invasion, rebellion, hostilities, military or usurped power, terrorism, sabotage, governmental regulations or control, cancellation of games, weather, fire or other casualty, construction delays or other construction-related issues, technological failures, inability to obtain any material, services, insurance proceeds, or financing, or through acts of God. Club’s obligation to provide the Tickets, the Seats and the Parking shall be subject to all applicable laws, rules and regulations (including NFL Rules). Club retains the right to reschedule the date or the start time of any Game and shall not be liable to Member for any reason related to any rescheduling. “NFL Rules” means (x) the Constitution and Bylaws of, and other rules, regulations, resolutions, agreements and requirements of or issued by, the NFL and/or any other NFL Entity (as defined herein), as they presently exist and as they may, from time to time, be entered into, created or amended; and (y) any action taken by the commissioner of the NFL or any person having authority delegated by the commissioner of the NFL pursuant to any document, policy, rule, regulation, resolution or requirement referred to in clause (x) of this definition. “NFL Entities” means collectively, NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Productions LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Properties LLC, NFL International LLC, all of the NFL member clubs (including the Club), any successor or future entity that is, directly or indirectly, jointly owned and/or controlled by all or substantially all of the NFL member clubs, or owns assets that produce revenues that are required to be shared with other NFL member clubs under the NFL Constitution (including any such entity controlled by the NFL member clubs and the Club collectively) and each and all of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns.
Wouldn't that be something. They pocket all the season ticket money for the year, then hightail it off to London in the middle of the night.
(04-21-2020, 05:44 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't that be something. They pocket all the season ticket money for the year, then hightail it off to London in the middle of the night.

Well, they do need to give us compensation in the form of non-cash benefits so perhaps we'll just get thousands of dollars worth of teal deal coupons, daily's coupons, and exclusive rights to Lot J events.  I wouldn't have thought anything of it in the past but with the likely probability that there may be cancelled games, I was just wondering if they outlined reimbursement provisions ..... well, they did but in the form of non-cash benefits ..... OH MY !!!
$5000 worth of Teal Deal books would be great! I could eat at Firehouse Subs ("Welcome to Firehouse") all year.

We might get an assortment of Bortles, Fournette, Ngakoue and Lee ***OFFICIAL*** game jerseys too.
Pretty sure that's a league standard disclaimer.
They will refund you 1 adult sized hazmat suit and let you attend the game like normal.
(04-21-2020, 07:48 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: [ -> ]They will refund you 1 adult sized hazmat suit and let you attend the game like normal.

Haha love it. Can there be a bottle holder with straw to ensure beverages can be consumed? Maybe stick an AC unit in there.
(04-21-2020, 06:26 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure that's a league standard disclaimer.

Steelers refund policy below.  They will refund you the face value of the tickets

THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY if admission is refused or withdrawn or if the game is cancelled and not replayed, is a refund of the face value of this ticket. Further, the STEELERS' liability for any breach of any term of this ticket shall not exceed the face value. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE STEELERS OR THE NFL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AMOUNT PAID IN EXCESS OF FACE VALUE TO A THIRD PARTY FOR THIS TICKET.

https://www.steelers.com/legal/ticketback_2019

Patriots also refund the face value of the ticket

I agree that dates and times of events as well as opponents are subject to change by the NFL in its sole discretion or as a result of other events beyond its control, without refund.  If an event is cancelled in its entirety and not replayed, the sole and exclusive remedy is a refund of the face value of the ticket(s) issued to me.

https://www.patriots.com/news/ticket-terms
I hope they send me a classic legendary set of Lee, Ramsey, Bouye, Campbell, and Foles jersey collection in lieu of my $3,000 seats.
(04-21-2020, 08:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2020, 06:26 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure that's a league standard disclaimer.

Steelers refund policy below.  They will refund you the face value of the tickets

THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY if admission is refused or withdrawn or if the game is cancelled and not replayed, is a refund of the face value of this ticket. Further, the STEELERS' liability for any breach of any term of this ticket shall not exceed the face value. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE STEELERS OR THE NFL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AMOUNT PAID IN EXCESS OF FACE VALUE TO A THIRD PARTY FOR THIS TICKET.

https://www.steelers.com/legal/ticketback_2019

Patriots also refund the face value of the ticket

I agree that dates and times of events as well as opponents are subject to change by the NFL in its sole discretion or as a result of other events beyond its control, without refund.  If an event is cancelled in its entirety and not replayed, the sole and exclusive remedy is a refund of the face value of the ticket(s) issued to me.

https://www.patriots.com/news/ticket-terms

If you look at the Jag's terms from 2019, it sounded pretty similar to the Steelers and Pats.  My guess is the extra language was added (on 2/26/2020 according to jaguars.com) for the upcoming season as a legality having to do with moving games to London. It sucks but it is what it is.

https://www.jaguars.com/tickets/ticketbackterms
No one ever reads the fine print. That's on you.
Also... if it upsets you so... maybe don't buy STs?
(04-22-2020, 09:45 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]No one ever reads the fine print. That's on you.

Public Service Announcement

Never, and I mean ever discourage a person from buying season tickets. This team simply does not have enough people that do.
(04-22-2020, 09:58 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2020, 09:45 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]No one ever reads the fine print. That's on you.

Public Service Announcement

Never, and I mean ever discourage a person from buying season tickets. This team simply does not have enough people that do.

- shrug -
I mean... if I was a STH (I'm not) and I was so outraged at the product on the field, the moving of home games, and the change in refund policy... I probably wouldn't renew.
The front office has become very deceptive this year, starting with the statement that STH would be saving 15% (when in reality, they actually raised the regular game pricing by 4%). The 15% savings included the fact that they are hosting 1 less game so 11% of the 15% savings was based on not paying for 1 game.
(04-22-2020, 01:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]The front office has become very deceptive this year, starting with the statement that STH would be saving 15% (when in reality, they actually raised the regular game pricing by 4%).  The 15% savings included the fact that they are hosting 1 less game so 11% of the 15% savings was based on not paying for 1 game.

Yeah but if you think about it, they're really ultimately just doing a sales job and any kind of salesperson worth their weight is going to have a little larceny in their heart. It goes with the territory. Apologies to anyone involved in sales! Smile
Whatever.

The tickets are way cheap by league standards.

You don't like it...don't go.
Normally I'd agree but, if there are no games... $10 concession coupons would be a REALLY bad look
(04-22-2020, 05:43 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever.

The tickets are way cheap by league standards.

You don't like it...don't go.

How much are tickets in J-Ville? Whats the cheapest a ticket you can get?

I live near Soldier Field, and I know how outrageous even the cheapest tickets for a game here are. Curious how cheap they get for a Jaguars game.
I believe season tickets here range from ~$1,000 for the absolute worst seats, all the way to about $5,000 for the good seats.
(04-22-2020, 11:08 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]How Much are NFL Tickets in 2020?

National Football League (NFL) average ticket price by team in 2019 (in U.S. dollars)*

Jags are still one of the cheapest season ticket deals in the league.

Well, when you literally have one fluke winning season per decade, that's not surprising.
Pages: 1 2