Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Duval Pride Jaguar 1st round 2020 mock picks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pick who you would like the Jaguars to take here. Assuming there are no trades.

For me the worst pick at 9 would be brown or kinslaw.  This team needs to rebuild it's identity and in today's NFL you have to score points.

The Jaguars have a young promising young QB who needs weapons to really thrive.  It is no secret the team is total rebuild mode so everything cannot be addressed in this one draft. For me I am looking to support this young QB.

AT #9 I like Jeudy or Lamb here

AT #20 I like the best OT available here: If Becton falls it's a home run!
(04-22-2020, 05:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Pick who you would like the Jaguars to take here. Assuming there are no trades.

For me the worst pick at 9 would be brown or kinslaw.  This team needs to rebuild it's identity and in today's NFL you have to score points.

The Jaguars have a young promising young QB who needs weapons to really thrive.  It is no secret the team is total rebuild mode so everything cannot be addressed in this one draft. For me I am looking to support this young QB.

Assuming no trades, and the conventional wisdom holds (although I have been hearing chatter that the tackles may go higher), I would take either Derrick Brown or Jerry Jeudy at 9.  I would strongly consider Thomas if there at 9.

At 20, if I did not go WR at 9, I go Justin Jefferson, perhaps.  If Kiinlaw is there and I did not go Brown at 9, I jump all over Kiinlaw.

I don't think Brown or Kinlaw would be bad picks at all.  You have to be able to slow people down.  One of the most emasculating parts of the season last year (in fact in our history) was that stretch where we allowed 200 yards rushing.  I know we need to score and we need weapons, but this receiving class is so deep, you could get quality weapons into round 2 and 3.=, and some have even said 4.
No trades?

Simmons or Kinlaw at No. 9

Jefferson or Ruggs at No. 20
(04-22-2020, 05:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2020, 05:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Pick who you would like the Jaguars to take here. Assuming there are no trades.

Assuming no trades, and the conventional wisdom holds (although I have been hearing chatter that the tackles may go higher), I would take either Derrick Brown or Jerry Jeudy at 9.  I would strongly consider Thomas if there at 9.

At 20, if I did not go WR at 9, I go Justin Jefferson, perhaps.  If Kiinlaw is there and I did not go Brown at 9, I jump all over Kiinlaw.

I don't think Brown or Kinlaw would be bad picks at all.  You have to be able to slow people down.  One of the most emasculating parts of the season last year (in fact in our history) was that stretch where we allowed 200 yards rushing.  I know we need to score and we need weapons, but this receiving class is so deep, you could get quality weapons into round 2 and 3.=, and some have even said 4.
Not only are they good at stopping the run, the can both wreak havoc up the middle as well.
I really want a trade back or two for another top 50-60 pick because I like so many of the second tier prospects at positions we need.

But if we stayed where we are I’d go with Lamb at 9 and Jaylon Johnson at 20
(04-22-2020, 06:19 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: [ -> ]I really want a trade back or two for another top 50-60 pick because I like so many of the second tier prospects at positions we need.

But if we stayed where we are I’d go with Lamb at 9 and Jaylon Johnson at 20

With Ngakoue and Fournette on the trading block they may stand to gain picks in that range while keeping that 20th pick as well.
(04-22-2020, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2020, 05:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming no trades, and the conventional wisdom holds (although I have been hearing chatter that the tackles may go higher), I would take either Derrick Brown or Jerry Jeudy at 9.  I would strongly consider Thomas if there at 9.

Not only are they good at stopping the run, the can both wreak havoc up the middle as well.

Trust me, you don't have to sell me on Brown or Kinlaw.
Who I want:
9th - Simmons / Okudah / Brown / Top OT on board
20th -Henderson / Ruggs / Jefferson

What I think will happen:
9th - Kinlaw
20th- Fulton
Brown please for the love of all things holy. DEEP receiver draft. Get one later.
9-Brown

Trade up to 15-Jeudy
In an ideal world, I take CB Jeffrey Okudah at #9 and LT Andrew Thomas at #20. That would be my dream draft. We could then hopefully, get WR Tee Higgins at pick #42 and NT Davon Hamilton in round 3. The pass defense and run defense would be greatly improved, we'd get a LT that could be a cornerstone for the next 10 years and and we'd get a physical, big play threat to pair opposite D.J. Chark for at least the next 4 years, hopefully longer. Minshew would get much more protection on his blind side and another big target who consistently gets separation to be his #2 WR, while the defense would improve their two weakest areas from 2019. IMO, it doesn't get any better than this.
Grouping in brackets to represent tiers/preferences. Not including guys like Burrow and Young, because lightning doesn't strike twice. Picks at 20 assume the position wasn't addressed at 9.

Pick 9: [Okudah, Wirfs, Brown] | [Thomas, Kinlaw] | [Jeudy, Lamb, Simmons]

Pick 20: [anyone listed at 9] | [Henderson] | [Ruggs, Mims, J. Jones]
I want...
9. Derrick Brown
20. Justin Jefferson

I predict...
9. Ceedee Lamb (they take a run after catch weapon)
20. AJ Terrell (or other best CB available)
9. Okuduh/simmons/Jeudy/Willis jr
20. Henderson/Jefferson/Kinlaw/Becton
I predict trade down from 9 to 15/16 to take Kinlaw
20 Terrell
(04-23-2020, 09:06 AM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]I predict trade down from 9 to 15/16 to take Kinlaw
20 Terrell

This appears to be a common mock draft today and it kinda make me want to vomit.
(04-23-2020, 10:11 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 09:06 AM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]I predict trade down from 9 to 15/16 to take Kinlaw
20 Terrell

This appears to be a common mock draft today and it kinda make me want to vomit.

Why?  Seems decent to me, though I can't get the image of Terrell getting abused by Chase out of my head.
(04-23-2020, 10:11 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
20 Terrell

Hoping the Raiders take Terrell at 19
(04-23-2020, 10:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 10:11 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]This appears to be a common mock draft today and it kinda make me want to vomit.

Why?  Seems decent to me, though I can't get the image of Terrell getting abused by Chase out of my head.

I am worried about Kinlaw having injury concerns with both knees, a hip, and his back. And I don't want any CB at 20 unless Henderson miraculously falls.
I don't watch a lot of colege football,like i do nfl so i don't know players names. 

I see the jags takeing a running back with 9th pick.  and a tight end with the 20th pick tonight.
Pages: 1 2