Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Goodell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Man, could one of the power owners whisper in this guy's ear that he doesn't have the personality to be a host? He can announce picks, but he's so scripted and painful to watch. A fish out of water in his basement.
He’s the NFL commissioner. What do you do for a living again?
(04-24-2020, 12:16 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]Man, could one of the power owners whisper in this guy's ear that he doesn't have the personality to be a host? He can announce picks, but he's so scripted and painful to watch. A fish out of water in his basement.

It was so bad. I spent the whole time wondering who is more robotic with a fake smile, Roger Goddell or Nancy Pelosi.
whenever I see his face, it reminds me of how he and the NFL hosed us in the AFC championship game
He's not the host (Wingo was)... And he announced the picks... This is a dumb thread, delete it.
I miss Tagliabue..
I though he was entertaining. I kept waiting for him to go all virtual “Joe Namath...I wanna kiss your mouth” on one of the players!  Laughing
Unusual circumstnces, Im gonna give him a break.
(04-24-2020, 12:18 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]He’s the NFL commissioner. What do you do for a living again?

I present information to audiences for my day job. I think I could be a more animated host than Roger who should be a draft dodger.

In critiquing his emcee skills, I'm merely pointing out a weakness. He clearly has mad skills in other areas more critical to being a pro-sports commissioner (e.g., billionaire-schmoozing skills, fine-levying skills, etc.). We all have strengths and weaknesses.
(04-24-2020, 06:30 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]Unusual circumstnces, Im gonna give him a break.

This!
I give him a little more respect for that bud light commercial he was in, made me laugh.
Goodell hates Jacksonville
(04-24-2020, 08:23 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]Goodell hates Jacksonville

Yet our owner bends over backwards for him.
With the Pendemic, cut him some slack would ya
Wingo is 100x worse than Goddell, this coverage in insufferable. I can't wait to get the stand alone NFLN coverage next year.
(04-24-2020, 08:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2020, 08:23 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]Goodell hates Jacksonville

Yet our owner bends over backwards for him.

Shad Khan hates Jacksonville too
I agree that's he's a terrible host.  He appears very stiff and scripted.  I'm not saying that he should necessarily be removed as commissioner, but yes, they definitely could use a better pick reader.
(04-24-2020, 09:47 PM)AllMight Wrote: [ -> ]Wingo is 100x worse than Goddell, this coverage in insufferable. I can't wait to get the stand alone NFLN coverage next year.

This x1000