Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Best Remaining according to NFL.Com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The NFL draft board as to who is left according to their draft grades:

RB D'andre Swift Georgia - 6.78
EDGE Yetur Gross-Matos - Penn State - 6.50
LB Zack Baun Wisconsin 6.5
RB Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin 6.40
CB Trevon Diggs Alabama 6.39
DT Ross Blacklock TCU 6.39
RB Cam Akers Florida State 6.39
WR Michael Pittman USC 6.38
S Xavier McKinney Alabama 6.38
RB J.K. Dobbins Ohio State 6.38
CB Jaylon Johnson Utah 6.37
WR Tee Higgins Clemson 6.37
S Antonie Winfield, Jr. Minnesota 6.36
(04-24-2020, 01:41 PM)Burrguar Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL draft board as to who is left according to their draft grades:

Conspicuously absent are Denzel Mims (immediate red-zone and third-down help), Josh Jones (push Cam inside), and Jeremy Chinn (suddenly safety would be a strength with Harrison & Chinn), all of whom I'd prefer almost anyone on that list. Don't waste a top 50 pick on a RB until you have a reworked line.
(04-24-2020, 01:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2020, 01:41 PM)Burrguar Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL draft board as to who is left according to their draft grades:

Conspicuously absent are Denzel Mims (immediate red-zone and third-down help), Josh Jones (push Cam inside), and Jeremy Chinn (suddenly safety would be a strength with Harrison & Chinn), all of whom I'd prefer almost anyone on that list. Don't waste a top 50 pick on a RB until you have a reworked line.

Here is their actual value board. As you can see, I have simply cut and pasted from it to develop a BAP.

Mims is NOT far below this cluster of 11. The draft grades are such as to allow for Denzel Mims or the others to be take at 10.

BTW, if Swift is higher than Akers, why not take Swift? I do not think D'andre will still be there when we pick next. Also, we could trade back a bit and add an additional mid-round selection and NOT lose much in talent.

I am staring at A.J. Epenesa @ 6.35 and wishing we had not selected the LSU DE.
I am watching Zack Baun LB of Wisconsin right now on You Tube. This is a great player. 

https://youtu.be/600Xvn_DPDs
(04-24-2020, 02:29 PM)Burrguar Wrote: [ -> ]I am watching Zack Baun LB of Wisconsin right now on You Tube. This is a great player. 

I truly hope we don't go LB. Depending on what happens with LF, we should probably get a RB today at some point.
(04-24-2020, 02:41 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2020, 02:29 PM)Burrguar Wrote: [ -> ]I am watching Zack Baun LB of Wisconsin right now on You Tube. This is a great player. 

I truly hope we don't go LB. Depending on what happens with LF, we should probably get a RB today at some point.

Virtually zero chance they take a LB today.
Pittman, Winfield, Blacklock would be solid round 2 picks.
Anyone seen that Antonio Gandy-Golden kid from Liberty? He seems like the high character guy the team wants. HUGE (6'4/220), does back flips, can solve a rubiks cube in about a minute, had 3 1000 yard seasons. He's not a blazer, but that's what Chark is for. He can body the crap out of the ball though
I really doesn't matter. Caldwell is gonna screw these picks up as well. This coming season is gonna be a giant cluster. We lose what was the highest rated CB tandem in the NFL and replace them with an UDFA and yet another Florida draft pick, (apparently that's the only school we scout) who is one of the worst tacklers in the entire draft. We have a malcontent DE that we can't unload, because if his completely unrealistic salary demands, so he's either gonna sit out the season or come back and be a complete locker room cancer. What do we do here, we replace him with an OLB who has several injuries and was the picture of inconsistency in 2019. He had all of 2 sacks going into the last 4 games of the season and because he went on a short "hot streak", he gets over-drafted. Meanwhile, we miss out on the top LT prospects and WR prospects as well. The offense is always an afterthought with this front office and it's the reason why we are constantly in the bottom of the division. I probably won't even watch tonight's draft. I've had enough disappointment from this team. We had a chance to fill some gaping holes and all we did was cover them with duct tape.

(04-24-2020, 03:03 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone seen that Antonio Gandy-Golden kid from Liberty?  He seems like the high character guy the team wants.  HUGE (6'4/220), does back flips, can solve a rubiks cube in about a minute, had 3 1000 yard seasons.  He's not a blazer, but that's what Chark is for. He can body the crap out of the ball though

He's Ernest Wilford. Grab him in the 4th if you can.
How does Blacklock look as a DT? He a big run stuffing line holder or more of an upfield penetrator guy?
(04-24-2020, 03:46 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: [ -> ]How does Blacklock look as a DT? He a big run stuffing line holder or more of an upfield penetrator guy?

I saw Raekwon Davis mocked to the Jags with the 2nd pick. The description was that he's a "massive" guy, but he's 311. Massive is 320+. The average guard is 310+. A nose tackle needs to be someone that the smaller Center cannot handle alone, lest he get bulldozed into the QB.
(04-24-2020, 03:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I really doesn't matter. Caldwell is gonna screw these picks up as well. This coming season is gonna be a giant cluster. We lose what was the highest rated CB tandem in the NFL and replace them with an UDFA and yet another Florida draft pick, (apparently that's the only school we scout) who is one of the worst tacklers in the entire draft. We have a malcontent DE that we can't unload, because if his completely unrealistic salary demands, so he's either gonna sit out the season or come back and be a complete locker room cancer. What do we do here, we replace him with an OLB who has several injuries and was the picture of inconsistency in 2019. He had all of 2 sacks going into the last 4 games of the season and because he went on a short "hot streak", he gets over-drafted. Meanwhile, we miss out on the top LT prospects and WR prospects as well. The offense is always an afterthought with this front office and it's the reason why we are constantly in the bottom of the division. I probably won't even watch tonight's draft. I've had enough disappointment from this team. We had a chance to fill some gaping holes and all we did was cover them with duct tape.

[Image: ElasticDecimalBabirusa-max-1mb.gif]
(04-24-2020, 03:46 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: [ -> ]How does Blacklock look as a DT? He a big run stuffing line holder or more of an upfield penetrator guy?

He'd play Tavon Bryant's role. I like Gallimore better if we go that route or Davidson. Hamilton is the best remaining NT imo
I'm wanting someone to shore up our run defense first and foremost.
Notice how there is no O line man on the list. SMART teams get their bigs early. DUMB teams wait.
Best remaining from espn

1. Xavier McKinney Alabama S
  2. D'Andre Swift Georgia RB
  3. Ezra Cleveland Boise State OT
  4. Ross Blacklock TCU DT
  5. J.K. Dobbins Ohio State RB
  6. Antoine Winfield Jr. Minnesota S
  7. Tee Higgins Clemson WR
  8. A.J. Epenesa Iowa DE
  9. Yetur Gross-Matos Penn State DE
  10. Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin RB
  11. Grant Delpit LSU S
  12. Zack Baun WisconsinOLB
  13. Josh Jones Houston OT

A bunch of those highlights starting at the 38 second mark are just a bunch of incomplete passes from a bad QB experiencing moderate pressure.

I started watching this and was wondering if you were being sarcastic.  I'm watching all of these plays and it's amazing how many times Baun isn't the one MAKING THE PLAY!!!!  You see Baun falling to ground while trying to rush the passer while being no where near the passer.  The pass is tipped and intercepted.  How is this supposed to impress me about Baun!?!?!  I understand that even a excellent player won't make a play on every single play, but why show several minutes of us seeing Baun doing little to nothing?  Maybe some slight pressure here and there, but few big plays.  I usually dismiss highlight reels because virtually every player will have a few highlights.  Yes, Baun had a couple of nice plays, but this highlight reel actually highly dissuaded me.  How can you have a highlight reel this long and have so few player highlights from Baun?