Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: No trade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We came into this draft with 12 draft picks.  Virtually everyone assumed that we would trade up and maybe at multiple places.  As of now, no trade.  Are you surprised?  When do you think we will trade up?
They are done for tonight. You should expect to see some movement tomorrow. I doubt the late round picks would make the roster as it is so those are the most likely ones to be dealt first.
(04-24-2020, 11:12 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]We came into this draft with 12 draft picks.  Virtually everyone assumed that we would trade up and maybe at multiple places.  As of now, no trade.  Are you surprised?  When do you think we will trade up?

This draft in general seems to have little trade activity. But yes, I assumed Caldwell to make a couple moves because not all these guys will make the team.
Caldwell is awful at making trades... actually he is awful at pretty much everything.

Could have ended up with Fulton, still got Hamilton and a G, C or TE...
(04-25-2020, 12:05 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Caldwell is awful at making trades... actually he is awful at pretty much everything.

Fulton is overrated as hell and this draft showed why he slid down so far even when there was a massive run on CBs.
Caldwell didn't reach out and try to seek any trade either. He sat there with that dumb look on his face when they were on the clock. I want to see a guy at least try to phone hussle.
(04-25-2020, 12:07 AM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 12:05 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Caldwell is awful at making trades... actually he is awful at pretty much everything.

Fulton is overrated as hell and this draft showed why he slid down so far even when there was a massive run on CBs.

Only Johnson and Diggs went before him in the 2nd round...

(04-25-2020, 12:10 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Caldwell didn't reach out and try to seek any trade either.  He sat there with that dumb look on his face when they were on the clock.  I want to see a guy at least try to phone hussle.

How many trades did BB make?

Can we trade Caldwell for Belichick's dog? I bet he can do better.
(04-25-2020, 12:10 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Caldwell didn't reach out and try to seek any trade either.  He sat there with that dumb look on his face when they were on the clock.  I want to see a guy at least try to phone hussle.

And you came to this conclusion by watching the entire 5 seconds they showed Caldwell on camera?

How would you possibly know this?
(04-25-2020, 12:10 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 12:07 AM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]Fulton is overrated as hell and this draft showed why he slid down so far even when there was a massive run on CBs.

How many trades did BB make?

Can we trade Caldwell for Belichick's dog? I bet he can do better.

The pats made a few trade.  They are always active in the draft.
(04-25-2020, 12:10 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 12:07 AM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]Fulton is overrated as hell and this draft showed why he slid down so far even when there was a massive run on CBs.

AJ Terrell, Damon Arnette, Noah Igbinoghene, Jeff Gladney and those two you mentioned.

People overhyped him for something that he never was.
(04-25-2020, 12:13 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]

How would you possibly know this?

Fair enough.  I can only judge by what was shown.  It is pretty crazy we had all of these late round picks and did not move up at all in the second or third round.
The Vikings have THIRTEEN picks tomorrow, yes 13 picks in rds 4-7 lol
(04-25-2020, 12:14 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 12:13 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]How would you possibly know this?

Fair enough.  I can only judge by what was shown.  It is pretty crazy we had all of these late round picks and did not move up at all in the second or third round.

Okay, I'll bite. What were you shown?
I’m more upset that they couldn’t find even medial value for Ngakoue and Fournette to be honest. Not necessarily their fault, hard to recoup value on malcontents with high contract demands, just saying that leaves more of a “ugh” taste in my mouth than not trading up with picks.

This is a crazy deep draft, so I’m ok with having ammo to move around on day 3 to get “our guys”, or with just standing pat and adding depth by numbers- if you throw enough at the wall something will stick kind of deal.

Honestly more upset we didn’t move the locker-room non-committees than that we didn’t trade up. I was hoping for a trade up, but I can fathom reasoning behind not giving up capital more than I can not giving up players unwilling/unwanting to play. Maybe we can move them for capital in next year’s draft. I just don’t want Yann in the locker room.
Also, just btw, I was FURIOUS that Belichick’s dog picked Dugger, I was in love with him and hoping he’d fall to us in the third. So mad.
(04-25-2020, 12:45 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, just btw, I was FURIOUS that Belichick’s dog picked Dugger, I was in love with him and hoping he’d fall to us in the third.  So mad.

Surprised he didn't take a Wide Retriever
Why do I feel like we always have to talk ourselves up on our picks? Maybe it is just me. But I can’t help but be underwhelmed by our picks and I find myself staring at the screen after every pick asking my self “who the hell is that.”

I mean in Dave’s defense he has hit on late ones like shew, telvin, and Linder in late rounds. But I find myself looking at his moves and trying to convince myself he must know something we don’t.... I hate to draw the comparison but I remember that feeling from a gm who’s nMe we will not speAk of.

Maybe that’s just me. My rant is done.
This is the conference call with the media, Doug Marrone and Dave Caldwell. He addresses the lack of trades a couple of times.

https://www.jaguars.com/video/conference...rone-x4491
Saw an interesting tweet that put out the theory that with it being more difficult to get UDFAs this year maybe smarter teams will horde day picks to get more of them ala the Vikings
Pages: 1 2 3