Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did Anyone Hear Doug’s comment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mentioned putting Shenault at WR, Wildcat, and even TE???

Wow

Couldn’t tell if he was being serious.
(04-25-2020, 06:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Mentioned putting Shenault at WR, Wildcat, and even TE???

Wow

I'm all in favor of that, but from what I have read, he needs some coaching at WR.  So I hope we don't spread him too thin.  His problem at Colorado was they put him at so many positions and used him in so many ways, he never refined his route-running and other WR skills.  If we can teach him those WR skills, he will be a strength mismatch against most CBs.
(04-25-2020, 06:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 06:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Mentioned putting Shenault at WR, Wildcat, and even TE???

Wow

I'm all in favor of that, but from what I have read, he needs some coaching at WR.  So I hope we don't spread him too thin.  His problem at Colorado was they put him at so many positions and used him in so many ways, he never refined his route-running and other WR skills.  If we can teach him those WR skills, he will be a strength mismatch against most CBs.

If there's anybody who can really get to WRs and provide the growth needed for route running and more, its Keenan McCardell.
For perspective:
Westbrook ran routes frequently last year that were originally planned for Oliver.
Of course he didn’t pick up the blocking assignments, and they might actually let Shenault throw a chip here or there.
Not a big deal to line a WR up at “F” TE though.
Chark played TE last year for us and so did Lee

Wow

Gus called and told Dave that Shenault could be the next Offensive Weapon!
So he'll end up a Teams guy running back punts and chasing returners. Great.
(04-25-2020, 08:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]So he'll end up a Teams guy running back punts and chasing returners. Great.

It was a conference call.  Gene Smith told Dave not to wait until the 3rd if the guy could play both ways on special teams.
(04-25-2020, 08:19 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]

Wow

Gus called and told Dave that Shenault could be the next Offensive Weapon!
Hahahah my thoughts as well.  Jeez this team. Hey I know let's waste limited practice time taking the ball out of Minshew's hands so we can go -2 yards on a wildcat formation.
(04-25-2020, 08:24 AM)Oflsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]So he'll end up a Teams guy running back punts and chasing returners. Great.
And? That’s how rookies develop in the league. Especially skill position. Get them in on the action however you can until they’re ready to be a full time receiver or running back.
Don’t forget the jump pass.
He's a beast, strong, powerful. Just needs to develope his route runni.g. but that's the case for most people coming into the league.
(04-25-2020, 09:22 AM)AllMight Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 08:24 AM)Oflsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]So he'll end up a Teams guy running back punts and chasing returners. Great.
And? That’s how rookies develop in the league. Especially skill position. Get them in on the action however you can until they’re ready to be a full time receiver or running back.

No, no, "he'll end up", that's going to be this guy's ceiling.
He is going to take considerable coaching and seasoning before he is able to beat NFL corners, so yeah we should be trying to manufacture a lot of different ways to get the ball in his hands.
(04-25-2020, 10:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 09:22 AM)AllMight Wrote: [ -> ]And? That’s how rookies develop in the league. Especially skill position. Get them in on the action however you can until they’re ready to be a full time receiver or running back.

No, no, "he'll end up", that's going to be this guy's ceiling.

Laughing 

Damn.  Look what this team has done to the fans!
(04-25-2020, 10:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 10:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]No, no, "he'll end up", that's going to be this guy's ceiling.

Laughing 

Drives my wife crazy. She asks me why I don't find a different team. I told her the same stubborn determination for the Jaguars is why we are still married. 

Just like a jaguar season, that didn't go well.
(04-25-2020, 11:04 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 10:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Laughing 

Drives my wife crazy. She asks me why I don't find a different team. I told her the same stubborn determination for the Jaguars is why we are still married. 

Just like a jaguar season, that didn't go well.

Here's your sign...
I dunno, I don’t trust this staff anymore. If they can’t even get consistent production out of a Biletnikoff Award winner, why should I expect anything great this time?
I have zero faith in anything this staff does. They’ll ruin him.
I can't wait to see what the final installment of "The Push for London" brings about today!
Pages: 1 2