Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone else notice this from ESPN's draft coverage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When the pick came in for each of our 4 picks, ESPN went to commercial. Every. Single. Time.

They just discussed the previous team the whole time before our pick came in and went straight to commercial when our pick came through. Usually they spend more time discussing the team before and during the pick. I love being the underdog at times but the media's disrepect for us is real.
(04-25-2020, 10:41 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]When the pick came in for each of our 4 picks, ESPN went to commercial. Every. Single. Time.

They just discussed the previous team the whole time before our pick came in and went straight to commercial when our pick came through. Usually they spend more time discussing the team before and during the pick. I love being the underdog at times but the media's disrepect for us is real.

This is nothing new.

They have been doing that to us for a long time, which is why I prefer NFL Network's coverage (though they do that to us too)m which is why I was pissed when they decided to collaborate on draft coverage this year.
Yeah, I know its nothing new but I had no idea they were going to do it on every single pick. My goodness. Like what's the big deal? Just talk about our team, we don't have cooties. They talk about other bad teams.
(04-25-2020, 10:53 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I know its nothing new but I had no idea they were going to do it on every single pick. My goodness. Like what's the big deal? Just talk about our team, we don't have cooties. They talk about other bad teams.

It's blatant.

I  could see if they did it more than other teams...but EVERY TIME?!?
As crappy as the broadcast was due to social distancing the ratings were the best ever. I attrribte that not to the quality of the broadcast but fans pent up desire to move on from this virus and enjoy life again.
Irony is that even if the team was based in London it would be more of the same. We get reluctant coverage when they have to do it.

I know Londom games bring in money but Shad hasn't received the coverage and prestige the choice should have for expanding the base.

Long story short... why kiss the NFL and media's but when they don't want to cover you.
It’s never going to change as long as the Jags are irrelevant. A long, long time.
Their producers and editors are probably some dweebs who root for the Pats or Steelers
Thought that was funny, guess they think no one cares about the Jags. Little do they realize we had one of the highest local market viewership in the country for the first round.
(04-25-2020, 10:41 AM)Brett Wrote: [ -> ]When the pick came in for each of our 4 picks, ESPN went to commercial. Every. Single. Time.

You ain't new here.
(04-25-2020, 11:01 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s never going to change as long as the Jags are irrelevant.  A long, long time.

This, but to add... fix the QB situation. 

End of the day the NFL is a business, ad revenue is big and best time is before small market JAX that is close to leagues biggest loser last 25 years, no QB, and split home games ... the choice is clear to put the commercials there. 

Win if you want it changed. That being said I feel bad for anyone who watched on espn, BR was where it was at.
Even BR did it, I think its became a bit of a joke
(04-25-2020, 11:07 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 11:01 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s never going to change as long as the Jags are irrelevant.  A long, long time.

This, but to add... fix the QB situation. 

End of the day the NFL is a business, ad revenue is big and best time is before small market JAX that is close to leagues biggest loser last 25 years, no QB, and split home games ... the choice is clear to put the commercials there. 

Win if you want it changed. That being said I feel bad for anyone who watched on espn, BR was where it was at.

Yeah. I'm a B/R convert, too.
(04-25-2020, 10:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

This is nothing new.

They have been doing that to us for a long time, which is why I prefer NFL Network's coverage (though they do that to us too)m which is why I was pissed when they decided to collaborate on draft coverage this year.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/orig...16790.jpeg

I've noticed it too, it's not a new phenomenon, been happening for about 10+ years.
its not just espn all the networks do it. jags pick comes up,and its stright to commcicial.
I didn't notice... it's not like it was blatantly obvious and we had several people talking about it.
(04-25-2020, 11:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

You ain't new here.

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea. I'm just wanting to post how crazy it was to do it on every single pick. I've never noticed it that often before.