Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Josiah Scott - Rd 4, Pick 137
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the 137th pick in the 4th round, we selected Josiah Scott, CB, MSU.

Eventual slot corner after Hayden?
I know Bryce Hall. I know Robertson. I don't know Josiah Scott.
Reach.
I really wish we used some 4th and 5th to move up to get another 3rd rounder.
Yep. He was one of my slot CB guys I thought would draw interest here.
I don't know him. If he's a slot CB though and that's where they wanted to go I would have gone Amik Robertson absolutely.

Don't know this guy.
Good athletic numbers I guess?
(04-25-2020, 01:44 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]Reach.

Caldwell doesn't know how to do those trades

Reach?

I saw plenty of 4th round projections on him.
Nickname was "The gnat" by his teammates. Supposedly an excellent cover guy, but small stature and strength limits him.
Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft)
Like the Josiah Scott pick for Jaguars. He's a super scrappy nickel with ball skills and really fluid. Those guys usually stick
Some draft profile :

Quote:Josiah Scott projects as a potential nickel defender at the pro level. Scott shows good combativeness, effective COD skills and a strong enthusiasm to play into contact. Those qualities make sense to put him in the nickel as a D-gap defender, but any team that takes him on will have to be willing with some tackling limitations on account of his lack of wingspan and lean frame. Coverage diverse defender who can bring value to any defense — just limited in boundary upside. 

Quote:Michigan State cornerback Josiah Scott was a three-year starter for the Spartans and was productive. His quick feet, fluid hips, coverage instincts, competitive demeanor and ball skills are all appealing traits that he possesses. With that said, he is short, lacks length and play strength, likely making him a slot only. Scott does profile as a starting nickel corner but there are some matchup restrictions to account for. 
https://www.theonlycolors.com/2020/4/13/...siah-scott

Great scout quotes on him halfway down the page
(04-25-2020, 01:46 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]

Reach?

I saw plenty of 4th round projections on him.
He went exactly where he was supposed to go. I preferred Robertson to him for the slot though. Bryce Hall had CB2 potential and could also play FS
Big meh
He's a good pick
Dont understand the hate on this pick. I watch a lot of big ten football and this guy is not only going to stick but be our starting nickle corner in 2021 and be a damn good one.
I think he just got almost no pre-draft hype so no one had really heard of him and are thusly disappointed. Not to say he's a bad pick for that, just that's why people are not thrilled
(04-25-2020, 02:20 PM)JNev Wrote: [ -> ]I think he just got almost no pre-draft hype so no one had really heard of him and are thusly disappointed. Not to say he's a bad pick for that, just that's why people are not thrilled

Nah I'd heard of him just not the nickel I'd go for
My co-worker is a Michigan State Alumni and said we just drafted our other starting CB.
Pages: 1 2