Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shaq Quarterman - Rd 4, Pick 140
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With the 140th pick in the 4th round, we select Shaq Quarterman, LB, Miami.

A definite thumper. Thoughts?
The best 4th round pick for the Jags
Our poor offense
Very athletic, great tackler. Really like this pick.
Scouting reports all agree he is a 2 down player. Slow and no range. 30 years ago he probably would have been more coveted. But in 2020, his skillset is less useful. Maybe he'll prove the doubters wrong.
Like others, I see him as depth.

Maybe our defensive focus will tip more towards the 3-4 and if so, we need as much LB depth as we can get.
Finally addressing the run defense with a NT and depth at MLB. He's purely a 2 down run stuffer and should be good on ST's, I think we need to get DeCamillis, his units were a HUGE weapon in our 2007 playoff run when he had a guy like Montell Owens
Was much better talent on the board than a guy whose upside is backup mike.
Feels like 3/4 sets will be a thing.
Taking Scott with Hall and Robertson on the board and Quarterman with Bailey on the board is why bad teams stay bad.
Seems a bit of a reach to pick up a slow backup LB player in the 4th round. I do understand he is a need pick though.
Garbage
Pointless pick and will barely if ever see the field bar maybe Sam if he beats out Jacobs.

(04-25-2020, 01:54 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Very athletic, great tackler. Really like this pick.

His athletic ability is very poor
Not thrilled
Why not draft a player who will get on an NFL field regularly
(04-25-2020, 02:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Why not draft a player who will get on an NFL field regularly

Because if we are going to transition to a more 3-4 base, we NEED LB depth both on the edge and interior run-stuffing backers.
The guys on TV described him as a downhill thumper, whose best work will be between the tackles.  Also great character and leadership.  

Since Poz retired, we haven't had one of those.   So now, we have Schobert, and of course we have high hopes for him, but what happens if he gets dinged up for a game or two?  

So I think this is a real good pick.
(04-25-2020, 02:10 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 02:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Why not draft a player who will get on an NFL field regularly

Because if we are going to transition to a more 3-4 base, we NEED LB depth both on the edge and interior run-stuffing backers.

Bingo.
His range is definitely lacking
Pages: 1 2 3