Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Daniel Thomas - Rd 5, Pick 157
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the 157th pick in the 5th round, we selected Daniel Thomas, S, Auburn

Backup/ST player?

Thoughts?
Why?
Ugh, not fun. Really crazy seeing the WRs still available
I feel like Tom was the leader of last years dtaft
They badly needed safety depth.
(04-25-2020, 02:42 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]They badly needed safety depth.

Draft a better safety then
Backup box safety
(04-25-2020, 02:42 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]They badly needed safety depth.

Yes they did.
(04-25-2020, 02:45 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes they did.
Lol at safety depth. Who cares?

This offense averaged 7 points a game in the first half last year. And they’ve added absolutely no body through FA or the draft outside of Shenault. It’s pathetic.
(04-25-2020, 02:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 02:45 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes they did.

This offense averaged 7 points a game in the first half last year. And they’ve added absolutely no body through FA or the draft outside of Shenault. It’s pathetic.

Not only do we get bad football, we get BORING football.
(04-25-2020, 02:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 02:45 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes they did.

I do. Did you see Winguard last year?
(04-25-2020, 02:49 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 02:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Lol at safety depth. Who cares?

Ugh, it makes me shudder to think of that.
Seen a couple scouting reports that say he is more of an in the box safety. If true, like Quaterman, feels like a draft pick that would have made more sense 3 decades ago. But not in today's pass happy league.
(04-25-2020, 02:49 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 02:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Lol at safety depth. Who cares?

And Daniel Thomas is so much better?

This team will not only lose a bunch of games but they will be so boring to watch. 27-10 games in the future.

Neglecting the offensive side of the ball almost completely is insane.
(04-25-2020, 02:53 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Seen a couple scouting reports that say he is more of an in the box safety.  If true, like Quaterman, feels like a draft pick that would have made more sense 3 decades ago.  But not in today's pass happy league.

They're wasting a lot of the draft capital to make sure the run D is fixed to the detriment of other weaknesses. I think the run D got fixed the moment you signed Woods, Gunter, and Schobert and drafted Hamilton. Move along now and grab some offensive talent. As someone said, don't draft backup box safeties. 

Draft players with upside to start. No special teams targets. For example, Bryce Hall would've been excellent value. His upside is starting, competent outside corner. Josiah Scott's upside is starting slot corner who might have to sit out games against bigger slot receivers.
(04-25-2020, 02:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 02:49 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]I do. Did you see Winguard last year?
And Daniel Thomas is so much better?

This team will not only lose a bunch of games but they will be so boring to watch. 27-10 games in the future.

Than Adam Winguard? I'll bet yes lol.
(04-25-2020, 02:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 02:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]And Daniel Thomas is so much better?

Than Adam Winguard? I'll bet yes lol.
Awesome. So the backup will do nothing to help the fact they will be down 24-6 going into the 4th quarter.

It’s a backup box safety man. One of the least important positions in all of football.
(04-25-2020, 03:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 02:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]Than Adam Winguard? I'll bet yes lol.
Awesome. So the backup will do nothing to help the fact they will be down 24-6 going into the 4th quarter.

It’s a backup box safety man. One of the least important positions in all of football.

That's probably why they used a 5th round pick on it.
(04-25-2020, 03:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2020, 03:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome. So the backup will do nothing to help the fact they will be down 24-6 going into the 4th quarter.

That's probably why they used a 5th round pick on it.
You’re completely missing the point. It’s not just about Daniel Thomas.

It’s about neglecting the offense. That’s not even exaggerating.
I don't know how I missed this guy, but I know nothing about him, so I'm gonna reserve judgement. Hopefully, he's good.
Pages: 1 2