Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ChiComs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Chinese Communist rulers appear to have reached the conclusion that they have burned their bridge with the West and so there is no longer any reason to hold back. After seeding the world with their Wuhan Lab virus by shutting down internal travel from Wuhan while allowing international travel, they are responsible for the 345,000+ deaths worldwide (minus their own 4,600).

But now, they are ignoring the treaty that made Hong Kong an independent part of China in exchange for it's autonomy. Even though there has been an expression of anger from 23 countries around the world including prominent members of both Dems and Pubs in the USA, neither CNN, ABC nor FOX has the story on its website at the time of this post (to their credit NBC and CBS do).

ChiComs move on Hong Kong.

And Chinese troops have moved across the border to India.

Advance into India

I just hope this doesn't turn into a shooting war.
It's on the front page of CNN.com.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/25/asia/hong...index.html

Americans aren't very interested in what happens outside our own borders if it doesn't directly and immediately affect us.
(05-25-2020, 10:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]It's on the front page of CNN.com.  

Americans aren't very interested in what happens outside our own borders if it doesn't directly and immediately affect us.

That's not the front page. This is the front page:

https://www.cnn.com/
Waiting for the "Made in USA" filter on Amazon...
(05-25-2020, 10:13 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]The Chinese Communist rulers appear to have reached the conclusion that they have burned their bridge with the West and so there is no longer any reason to hold back. After seeding the world with their Wuhan Lab virus by shutting down internal travel from Wuhan while allowing international travel, they are responsible for the 345,000+ deaths worldwide (minus their own 4,600).

But now, they are ignoring the treaty that made Hong Kong an independent part of China in exchange for it's autonomy. Even though there has been an expression of anger from 23 countries around the world including prominent members of both Dems and Pubs in the USA, neither CNN, ABC nor FOX has the story on its website at the time of this post (to their credit NBC and CBS do).

Advance into India

I just watched the Fox Special USA vs China w/ Maria Batiromo which coves most of the above.
(05-25-2020, 10:13 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]The Chinese Communist rulers appear to have reached the conclusion that they have burned their bridge with the West and so there is no longer any reason to hold back. After seeding the world with their Wuhan Lab virus by shutting down internal travel from Wuhan while allowing international travel, they are responsible for the 345,000+ deaths worldwide (minus their own 4,600).

Advance into India

I just watched the Fox Special USA vs China w/ Maria Batiromo which coves most of the above.
(05-25-2020, 12:11 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2020, 10:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]It's on the front page of CNN.com.  

That's not the front page. This is the front page:

So I click your link, and there it is on the front page under "World."  I just scroll down and there it is.
(05-25-2020, 01:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2020, 12:11 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]That's not the front page. This is the front page:

So I click your link, and there it is on the front page under "World."  I just scroll down and there it is.

Fair enough. If you scroll down past all of the actual headlines you will find a story about China. Guess you really showed me!
(05-25-2020, 03:21 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2020, 01:36 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]So I click your link, and there it is on the front page under "World."  I just scroll down and there it is.

Fair enough. If you scroll down past all of the actual headlines you will find a story about China. Guess you really showed me!

It's not a big deal.  You said it wasn't on the front page of CNN, and it was.  That's all.
US needs to nationalize some of the Chinese property in the US. Use it to pay for all the funding needed because their virus. Then start giving incentives to make things in the US.
The Chicoms would collapes if the world would quit buying there junk and they know it. They're just rattling sabre's to save face with their own people...….
(05-25-2020, 12:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting for the "Made in USA" filter on Amazon...

I was thisclose to buying a new EGO electric self propelled lawn mower at Home Depot with the stimulus check we finally received. Then I saw the made in China label. Too bad, as it was very highly rated and the price was reduced.
Need to define made. End up getting all the components from China and putting them in a box in the US.

The best way to support local manufacturing is to have people being able to afford to buy local rather than the cheapest.

Would require large societal change or huge tariffs and non free markets. Not sure what you guys believe in anymore .
What are you using to browse the forum or get on the internet?
I was watching some interesting videos on Chinese politics the other day. It's scary. I only have a limited amount of energy I can focus on the topic before I start to become paranoid. This is starting to look more like the cold war than your average political rivalry. The worst part is we are funding them.