Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rush Limbaugh on the Breakfast Club!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2:00 Today, on WOKV 104.5 FM or 690 AM Rush Limbaugh will be airing the conversation that he had with Charlemagne the God on the Breakfast Club.  

Beyond the distractions of looting fires and the rest of it, I do think that some time on tuesday that our country was on the verge of having a moment of unity and conversation based on the universal condemnation of what happened to George Floyd.  I have no idea how this is going to go, or what is going to be said, but it should be an interesting half hour of radio.
(06-01-2020, 12:25 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]2:00 Today, on WOKV 104.5 FM or 690 AM Rush Limbaugh will be airing the conversation that he had with Charlemagne the God on the Breakfast Club.  

Beyond the distractions of looting fires and the rest of it, I do think that some time on tuesday that our country was on the verge of having a moment of unity and conversation based on the universal condemnation of what happened to George Floyd.  I have no idea how this is going to go, or what is going to be said, but it should be an interesting half hour of radio.

There's virtually no way Rush navigates these waters carefully, though. I would have like to have seen how the conservative message was received before Floyd was murdered. The conditions were perfect, considering Biden's remarks. Even then, Rush has his own past that will come back to haunt him. There are better conservative voices that should be going on his show.
That will be interesting to hear a drug addict airing a radio conversation he had with a respected radio host.
[Image: HvEqfO9D1_6bOBPm6kpsiMlVafrqhYXFjazM-PaI...iwPcfQSRV0]
Yeah. Listened to it. Rush was absolutely the wrong choice.
The real Breakfast Club came out in 1985. Rush has a bigger brain than all of these clowns combined.
I listened to the whole discussion. It's available for free online for anyone that's interested. It was actually pretty interesting. It's not like there were any world changing revelations, but it was interesting to listen to people coming from completely different world views interacting. More often than not, in most media we see people from the same general world-view or ideology bouncing off each other. I hope that we have more people crossing over to have conversations because the natural segregation of ideology contributes to the erosion of common citizenship.
Yeah, but you can tell that isn't Rush's world. He wasn't able to answer basic questions or address issues that needed to be addressed. He didn't ask the right questions. I felt he was too busy "telling" and not doing enough asking. There are many other people that I think could actually have a civil dialogue if they were willing to make Charlemagne address his own talking points.
(06-01-2020, 09:46 PM)Last42min Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but you can tell that isn't Rush's world. He wasn't able to answer basic questions or address issues that needed to be addressed. He didn't ask the right questions. I felt he was too busy "telling" and not doing enough asking.  There are many other people that I think could actually have a civil dialogue if they were willing to make Charlemagne address his own talking points.

Yeh, and its worse because Rush rarely has guests and takes few callers.  He's normally a monologue for 2 hours with a few calls sprinkled in.  Like i said, I don't think that it will change anyone's mind or reshape the world, I just thought it was kind of cool.  

It also doesn't help that for the most part this is will have been one of the few times that Charlemagne and the BC will have seriously heard the concept of white privilege, white supremacy, institutional racism challenged.  For the most part, when people of color bring those concepts up most people just shut up unless they are debating another POC.  In reality, I thought that it would have been a lot more contentious.  I thought for sure someone would call Rush a racist specifically but that didn't happen.  

I think that just the fact that they had the conversation had meaning.  The BC actually got some backlash on Social Media just for having the interview.  Those who believe in collectivism/social justice may never come to a complete understanding with those who view the world through the prism of individual liberty, but in order for us to be able to live together in the same country i think that we have to live in a world where we can have uncomfortable conversations without openly hating each other.