Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: BREAKING: COPS Canceled by Paramount In Response to BLM Protests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
BREAKING: COPS Canceled by Paramount In Response to BLM Protests

We have lost our collective minds, people!

Some people have legitimately lost their minds. Those people, calling for things like defunding the police, are causing me to lose my mind!

https://www.chicksonright.com/blog/2020/...YR-Ww4tKM8
Yeah, can't have the public seeing the atrocious behavior the cops deal with every day, might garner them public sympathy.
COPS was cancelled by Paramount because no one was watching it. This is the reason given because Paramount saw the opportunity for good press.
I didn’t realize that show was still going. I liked it back in the day. The episode of The X Files that was filmed as an episode of COPS was hilarious.
(06-10-2020, 03:36 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]COPS was cancelled by Paramount because no one was watching it. This is the reason given because Paramount saw the opportunity for good press.

Thank you for providing the correct insight.
COPs was kind of interesting when it 1st came out but after that it was pretty much the same
(06-10-2020, 03:36 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]COPS was cancelled by Paramount because no one was watching it. This is the reason given because Paramount saw the opportunity for good press.

COPS was cancelled just like HBO took Gone With the Wind off of it's streaming service for the same reason.  To appease a very small segment of the population and because certain snowflakes like you just can't handle reality.

I found the show mildly entertaining since it shows a very "watered down" and "sanitized" look at what it's really like to be a police officer in different parts of the country.
(06-10-2020, 05:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

COPS was cancelled just like HBO took Gone With the Wind off of it's streaming service for the same reason.  To appease a very small segment of the population and because certain snowflakes like you just can't handle reality.

I found the show mildly entertaining since it shows a very "watered down" and "sanitized" look at what it's really like to be a police officer in different parts of the country.

They took it off yesterday. Today was Hattie McDaniel's birthday, the first African American to win an Oscar. The Democrats are still the party that hates blacks.

Look at all the, "I didn't even know that was still on," replies. COPS doesn't have a cast, but it does have insurance bills, and when the concept of the show is "follow police into active shootings," those insurance bills get high. But I wouldn't expect you to understand the concept of cost vs. benefits, and when the benefit of a well-timed cancellation on a show that was too expensive anyway greatly outweighs the cost of life support.

By the way, I'm expecting two packages tomorrow, both extremely important. Please be on time, k?
Live pd was better but that theme song was legendary
(06-10-2020, 06:52 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Live pd was better but that theme song was legendary

LivePD is coming back.
Breaking News from The Babylon Bee:

https://babylonbee.com/news/mcgruff-the-...g-put-down

Uh, yeah, I don't know if I'd equate "Gone With the Wind" with reality.

That's probably it.  Every crisis is an opportunity.  Someone at Paramount is doing their job.

(06-10-2020, 05:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]COPs was kind of interesting when it 1st came out but after that it was pretty much the same

Year after year after year of cops wrestling with shirtless drunks.  If you watch enough of it, you don't want to leave your house.

Now do Live P.D.....
When will PAW Patrol be cancelled? Kidding, but not really kidding.
(06-11-2020, 07:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]When will PAW Patrol be cancelled? Kidding, but not really kidding.

NYT Writer Claims 'Good Cops' on Television Cover Up 'The Violence of a System'

At a time when it seems as though anti-cop sentiments couldn’t possibly run deeper, the left just has to go and make things worse.

Amid nationwide protests and calls to defund the police, critics are now saying that the children’s show “Paw Patrol” should be canceled for its depictions of “good cops.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/nyt-write...ce-system/
(06-11-2020, 07:48 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 07:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]When will PAW Patrol be cancelled? Kidding, but not really kidding.

NYT Writer Claims 'Good Cops' on Television Cover Up 'The Violence of a System'

At a time when it seems as though anti-cop sentiments couldn’t possibly run deeper, the left just has to go and make things worse.

Amid nationwide protests and calls to defund the police, critics are now saying that the children’s show “Paw Patrol” should be canceled for its depictions of “good cops.”

Hahah. Man, oh man. I'm sure TJ agrees with this decision as he recently turned into the CEO of the Nielsen ratings.

Probably a good time to break out the old DVD collection and start digitizing some of my favorite 80's classics as they may be erased forever before we know it. Netflix has already edited Back to the Future 2.
(06-11-2020, 07:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 07:48 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]NYT Writer Claims 'Good Cops' on Television Cover Up 'The Violence of a System'

Hahah. Man, oh man. I'm sure TJ agrees with this decision as he recently turned into the CEO of the Nielsen ratings.

Probably a good time to break out the old DVD collection and start digitizing some of my favorite 80's classics as they may be erased forever before we know it. Netflix has already edited Back to the Future 2.

I don't really give two [BLEEP]. I don't really give two [BLEEP] about COPS or Live PD either. I've watched both, both are mildly entertaining mindless entertainment and were on my "hotel room" list. You know, that list of shows like Forensic Files and Storage Wars that you don't even remember exist unless you're staying at a hotel and land on one while channel surfing. TV is business, and you do love businesses that aren't told what to do by government. If some high-paid suit at A&E or Paramount Network (again, did not know that was a thing) decides that a show is of more use to them dead than alive, they'll cancel it. It's called a free market. You should look into it sometime.
(06-11-2020, 08:47 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 07:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hahah. Man, oh man. I'm sure TJ agrees with this decision as he recently turned into the CEO of the Nielsen ratings.

I don't really give two [BLEEP]. I don't really give two [BLEEP] about COPS or Live PD either. I've watched both, both are mildly entertaining mindless entertainment and were on my "hotel room" list. You know, that list of shows like Forensic Files and Storage Wars that you don't even remember exist unless you're staying at a hotel and land on one while channel surfing. TV is business, and you do love businesses that aren't told what to do by government. If some high-paid suit at A&E or Paramount Network (again, did not know that was a thing) decides that a show is of more use to them dead than alive, they'll cancel it. It's called a free market. You should look into it sometime.

Soon they will get to something you care about. You will pound your chest here but complain privately as they strip away the fabric of your being.
I liked Live PD. Under this new life where there isn't much to do on Friday nights, it was great entertainment, especially since they had a unit out in Clay County. Seeing guys in Gator tee shirts getting arrested was funny.
Pages: 1 2 3