Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NASCAR bans confederate flag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
the losing civil war sides flag finally banned

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/127081...11719?s=19

Let's keep this momentum
Hahahaha

“NOT MAH NASCAR!”
Kind of like the Nazi's banning the Swastika
If you're fom Mississippi, just fly the Mississippi state flag.....
Hell, many a state flag has Confederate meaning....
Florida for one, and you can't tell me that the Georgia state flag in not a replica of the "Stars and Bars"
Maybr Nascar should quit racing in states that have confederate symbols in their flags......
NASCAR lost my interest quite a few years ago.  There are many just like me, hence the smaller crowds at the "races".  What is really sad is the fact that now they are essentially anti-First Amendment.
(06-10-2020, 06:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]NASCAR lost my interest quite a few years ago.  There are many just like me, hence the smaller crowds at the "races".  What is really sad is the fact that now they are essentially anti-First Amendment.

Oh boo-hoo, people can't fly a symbol of treason and racism as they spend several hours and several hundred dollars for the privilege of watching people turn left.

Last time I checked, you couldn't show up at Nurburgring with a swastika flying over your trailer. Why should A PRIVATE CORPORATION be expected to defend the...um, "right," I guess, of Americans to do the same?
I get it from a business standpoint but this is just going to ignite the rednecks. You tell them they can’t fly the bars and stripes and all the sudden it’s the most important thing in the world. I much prefer the rattle snake flag same principle without the tainted history.

(06-10-2020, 06:41 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2020, 06:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]NASCAR lost my interest quite a few years ago.  There are many just like me, hence the smaller crowds at the "races".  What is really sad is the fact that now they are essentially anti-First Amendment.

Oh boo-hoo, people can't fly a symbol of treason and racism as they spend several hours and several hundred dollars for the privilege of watching people turn left.

Last time I checked, you couldn't show up at Nurburgring with a swastika flying over your trailer. Why should A PRIVATE CORPORATION be expected to defend the...um, "right," I guess, of Americans to do the same?

You won’t win any arguments claiming it’s a symbol of treason and racism TJ. To many of them it’s not, I know black rednecks that fly the bars and strips. Many people just view it as a southern pride flag.
(06-10-2020, 06:42 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I get it from a business standpoint but this is just going to ignite the rednecks. You tell them they can’t fly the bars and stripes and all the sudden it’s the most important thing in the world. I much prefer the rattle snake flag same principle without the tainted history.

NASCAR died 19 years and 4 months ago.

And "Don't Tread On Me" is the greatest flag in documented human history.
(06-10-2020, 05:36 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of like the Nazi's banning the Swastika

No not at all
Good news for NASCAR fans: the Confederate flag will still be present at all races. It will be waved at each race at the start of the final lap.
(06-10-2020, 08:56 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Good news for NASCAR fans: the Confederate flag will still be present at all races. It will be waved at each race at the start of the final lap.

Ok that was pretty funny
When does the double standards stop? I personally don’t give a crap about the confederate flag. But freedom should be freedom. For ALL!
(06-10-2020, 09:14 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]When does the double standards stop?  I personally don’t give a crap about the confederate flag.  But freedom should be freedom. For ALL!

You are thinking forbidden thoughts. Report to your local Commisar Office for re-education.
"No politics in our sport!!!" the NASCAR faithful screams

Also them:

"Let me fly my political flag at the event and let our president on the track"

Okay, let's work this out, then. The First Amendment prohibits government from banning speech. What department or bureau of the government does NASCAR belong to again? Name one and I'm with you.
Never thought I'd see the day NASCAR bows to the cancel culture. Dale and Richard are rolling over in their graves.
NASCAR Truck Series driver says he’s leaving sport after new Confederate flag policy

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/nascar-truc...lag-policy
(06-11-2020, 07:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Never thought I'd see the day NASCAR bows to the cancel culture. Dale and Richard are rolling over in their graves.

Richard Petty is still alive...
(06-11-2020, 08:11 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]NASCAR Truck Series driver says he’s leaving sport after new Confederate flag policy

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/nascar-truc...lag-policy

Truck Series? Oh boy, I hope someone told him that you can't fly a Confederate flag from your Uber either...
(06-11-2020, 08:16 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 07:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Never thought I'd see the day NASCAR bows to the cancel culture. Dale and Richard are rolling over in their graves.

Richard Petty is still alive...
Bahahahahaha
Pages: 1 2 3