Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Losing Fans Over BLM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If twitter is any barometer, then it would appear the Jags strong support of the latest civil rights movement to sweep our nation (planet) will be costing them (and the NFL in general) some fans. 

It's a shame so many are offended in some way by a rallying cry for equality. 

https://twitter.com/md_1010xl/status/1270713292537786373?s=20

[Image: EaLd_RtWkAQ9jgq?format=jpg&name=large]
They were already losing support based on their wretched management and on-field product, not to mention slow playing a move to London. This will either be the nail in the coffin for the franchise or the awakening. Vegas money is on the former.
(06-11-2020, 08:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]They were already losing support based on their wretched management and on-field product, not to mention slow playing a move to London. This will either be the nail in the coffin for the franchise or the awakening. Vegas money is on the former.

The Jaguars are destined for London as soon as they can contractually get there regardless. This is just another excuse.
I'm in the 20%.
The whole league is going to lose supporters because of the kneeling. That can't be helped. I don't think our team will suffer any more or less than the others.

(06-11-2020, 09:38 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 08:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]They were already losing support based on their wretched management and on-field product, not to mention slow playing a move to London. This will either be the nail in the coffin for the franchise or the awakening. Vegas money is on the former.

The Jaguars are destined for London as soon as they can contractually get there regardless. This is just another excuse.

London will never happen. Never.
(06-11-2020, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]If twitter is any barometer, then it would appear the Jags strong support of the latest civil rights movement to sweep our nation (planet) will be costing them (and the NFL in general) some fans. 

[Image: EaLd_RtWkAQ9jgq?format=jpg&name=large]

This isnt about civil rights, this is about the 2020 election.  

As for BLM, they are a demonstrably marxist organization.  I fundamentally reject everything they stand for and point out that the devotion to this kind of post modern collectivism has lead to the destruction of both the black family and entrepreneurism.   In ashamed to be a jag right now.  I have thought about boycotting but I am admittedly a degenerate football addict.  But even I have my limits.
I really don't give a crap about the players' beliefs, or if they do some little protest prior to kickoff. I'm not going to let that affect my enjoyment of football.
(06-11-2020, 10:14 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]If twitter is any barometer, then it would appear the Jags strong support of the latest civil rights movement to sweep our nation (planet) will be costing them (and the NFL in general) some fans. 

This isnt about civil rights, this is about the 2020 election.  
[quote pid='1307297' dateline='1591884844']
[/quote]

It's about civil rights and it will affect the 2020 elections. 

The rhetoric of the current US administration has afforded a great portion of the fuel to a fire that has become an international movement, so the 2020 elections are embroiled in the whole thing deeply.
I support all life whenever and wherever from conception to death. BLM people are just fine but the organization believes in the deconstruction of gender as one of their planks. You can find more with a short search until the apologists scrub that too. I live in the most diverse area/city in the whole country and will never defend my own sin. We are only a few short years from a sniper gunning down cops of color in a protest in my area. The majority of these public shows are hollow. Where is the support for those who lost their businesses. Oh they can just file insurance claims. Insurance covers the buildings in most cases. No recovery for lost of product and sales waiting to be run through by the claim process.

I'm a sinner like anyone else and can't defend my past but I do know I work hard to carry on faithfulness to all being equal and loving my neighbor. I'm ignoring the noise because mob behavior can't be satisfied no matter what they look like. Honestly when/if sports is on TV again, I'm over their statements off the field and will just watch to watch. All this stuff is just focusing me on what is really important and the distractions are just that really.
(06-11-2020, 10:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 10:14 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]This isnt about civil rights, this is about the 2020 election.  

The rhetoric of the current US administration has afforded a great portion of the fuel to a fire that has become an international movement, so the 2020 elections are embroiled in the whole thing deeply.
[/quote]

Sorry this makes no sense.  Who is and has been in charge of these places for the past 30 plus years?  If it is systemic, what did the previous administration do to remedy it?  Joe Biden has 40 plus years of government "service" isn't he part of the system?

Trump is a blow hard queens guy and talker.  GW Bush was a careful talker who stumbled over his words trying to play nice and be presidential, how was he treated and what did he do other than increase the size of government and set us up for being monitored withexpanded surveillance?  Trump's personality is annoying but how would you feel about being spied on with 80 to 90 percent negative coverage and topped off with kangroo courts and constant investigations and smearing.  Honestly I couldn't do it.
(06-11-2020, 10:39 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 10:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='1307297' dateline='1591884844']

Quote:Sorry this makes no sense.  Who is and has been in charge of these places for the past 30 plus years?  If it is systemic, what did the previous administration do to remedy it?  Joe Biden has 40 plus years of government "service" isn't he part of the system?

Trump is a blow hard queens guy and talker.  GW Bush was a careful talker who stumbled over his words trying to play nice and be presidential, how was he treated and what did he do other than increase the size of government and set us up for being monitored withexpanded surveillance?  Trump's personality is annoying but how would you feel about being spied on with 80 to 90 percent negative coverage and topped off with kangroo courts and constant investigations and smearing.  Honestly I couldn't do it.

[/quote]

I think it's much more "societal" than systemic, personally. Though there is a culture of "sweeping it under the rug" systemically to some degree.

To explain your point about this administration vs others it's very, very simple. 

Other administrations have failed to repair many of the things that the people are now demanding (and to some degree getting from their state and local governments.) People have simply had enough of seeing the same injustices bandied across their screens. Some of that has to do with our current tech era and yes, I realize coverage is disproportionate to reality statistically. But that won't satisfy the people's desire for change. 

The difference I'm talking about is that prior administrations didn't feature a guy that is hated by so many people who gets his kicks by tweeting out inflammatory garbage every single day for years on end. 

That ^ has provided a major source of fuel to the fire of the movement we are witnessing right now. 

Whether you agree with my adjectives or not is moot. 
Millions do - and we are seeing the result on the evening news daily.
Lol

Haven't we been through this with Kaep already? Some people boycotted (RONSTER!) and then came right back. Anyone who claims they won't watch is lying.
(06-11-2020, 11:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Lol

Haven't we been through this with Kaep already? Some people boycotted (RONSTER!) and then came right back. Anyone who claims they won't watch is lying.

It will be hard to quantify how much of our decline in support this season will be related to this or to other factors at the end of the day.  But I imagine we'll have a few thousand fans who indeed will boycott this year. 

I personally know folks that through some misconstrued sense of duty haven't supported the team or league since the whole kneeling thing began  -  and I expect that number to grow based on what I'm seeing on social media.

Oh, and I'm readying all the popcorns for Ronster's meltdown. You know it's coming.
Why anyone would really give two rats [BLEEP] about what the players/teams/owners feel like protesting about is beyond me. If members of The Roar also kneeled would they no longer watch them jiggle?
I'm not boycotting, but I am definitely losing interest in football. I may not watch the Jags this year. Maybe as my son gets older, I will rediscover what made it special to me.
(06-11-2020, 10:51 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 10:39 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]It's about civil rights and it will affect the 2020 elections. 

Quote:Sorry this makes no sense.  Who is and has been in charge of these places for the past 30 plus years?  If it is systemic, what did the previous administration do to remedy it?  Joe Biden has 40 plus years of government "service" isn't he part of the system?

I think it's much more "societal" than systemic, personally. Though there is a culture of "sweeping it under the rug" systemically to some degree.

To explain your point about this administration vs others it's very, very simple. 

Other administrations have failed to repair many of the things that the people are now demanding (and to some degree getting from their state and local governments.)  People have simply had enough of seeing the same injustices bandied across their screens. Some of that has to do with our current tech era and yes, I realize coverage is disproportionate to reality statistically. But that won't satisfy the people's desire for change. 

The difference I'm talking about is that prior administrations didn't feature a guy that is hated by so many people who gets his kicks by tweeting out inflammatory garbage every single day for years on end. 

That ^ has provided a major source of fuel to the fire of the movement we are witnessing right now. 

Whether you agree with my adjectives or not is moot. 
Millions do - and we are seeing the result on the evening news daily.
[/quote]

Nah.  Mainly just a lot of people who cant think critically.
(06-11-2020, 01:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not boycotting, but I am definitely losing interest in football. I may not watch the Jags this year. Maybe as my son gets older, I will rediscover what made it special to me.

I can't get behind any industry where a bunch of multi-millionaires tell a bunch of multi-billionaires that they're not making enough money. And vice versa.
Wake me up when Ronster gets here.
(06-11-2020, 01:47 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]Wake me up when Ronster gets here.
He’s the best.
(06-11-2020, 10:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2020, 10:14 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]This isnt about civil rights, this is about the 2020 election.  

[/quote]

Another lie.  It's not this administration that is making blanket ignorant prejudicial statements about the low resolution narrative that is supposed to unite us all.  

"America is an inherently racist country, all white people have racist DNA, the founding of the country is illegitimate" etc.  That immediately draws a line in the sand.  So dont tell me about this administration.
Pages: 1 2