Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trouble in Paradise......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Black Lives Matter protesters say Seattle’s autonomous zone has hijacked message

Protesters inside the self-declared autonomous zone in downtown Seattle booed and heckled members of the African American Community Advisory Council Thursday afternoon as the group told demonstrators they had "hijacked" the message of Black Lives Matter.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-m...ed-message
What did I tell you?
And the top comment on there getting the most likes: "To all these young black men......fix yourself before asking me to change". A lot of masks are beginning to slip.

Back to the point, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that the vast majority of the millions of people who have expressed their support for the Black Lives Matter movement in the past few weeks do not allign themselves with the extreme demands of these guys in Seattle.
(06-12-2020, 12:47 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]And the top comment on there getting the most likes: "To all these young black men......fix yourself before asking me to change". A lot of masks are beginning to slip.

His message sounds the same as BLM. Everyone wants everyone else to change, and no one wants to fix their own issues.
(06-12-2020, 01:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2020, 12:47 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]And the top comment on there getting the most likes: "To all these young black men......fix yourself before asking me to change". A lot of masks are beginning to slip.

His message sounds the same as BLM. Everyone wants everyone else to change, and no one wants to fix their own issues.

I fully understand the sentiment. I'm a teacher, the other day I saw a kid getting bullied. A bunch of other kids were beating the crap out of him. He called out to me to help. I thought about it, but then I remembered that kid has really bad grades in my class, so I just responded "fix yourself before asking me to change", and turned my back.
(06-12-2020, 02:10 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2020, 01:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]His message sounds the same as BLM. Everyone wants everyone else to change, and no one wants to fix their own issues.

I fully understand the sentiment. I'm a teacher, the other day I saw a kid getting bullied. A bunch of other kids were beating the crap out of him. He called out to me to help. I thought about it, but then I remembered that kid has really bad grades in my class, so I just responded "fix yourself before asking me to change", and turned my back.
Fail post. Ban yourself for 5 days. You're a teacher? Those kids are screwed.
Dispatch from 'CHAZ': Tweets call for guns, Gatorade and cigarettes as cops struggle to figure out who's in charge

Activists and police have clashing views regarding the activities going on inside the so-called "CHAZ," a six-block area of Seattle that has been taken over by protesters — and authorities are still scratching their heads as to who is actually running the rabble.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chaz-tweets-m...leadership
(06-12-2020, 02:27 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
Fail post. Ban yourself for 5 days. You're a teacher? Those kids are screwed.

In his defense, all the kids in his class get bad grades ... for the last 22 years.
(06-12-2020, 01:40 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]His message sounds the same as BLM. Everyone wants everyone else to change, and no one wants to fix their own issues.

Not at all similar but OK.

It's like cutting the grass when your house is on fire. You have a right to do that, but that isn't even remotely your biggest problem.
(06-12-2020, 02:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]

Not at all similar but OK.

It's like cutting the grass when your house is on fire. You have a right to do that, but that isn't even remotely your biggest problem.

It's actually very similar.

Black people are saying that systematic racism is causing them pain and suffering, and that EVERYBODY needs to help to put an end to it. If you choose to meet that plea for help by saying "fix yourself before asking me to change", you lack basic compassion as a human being.
(06-12-2020, 03:41 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2020, 02:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Not at all similar but OK.

Black people are saying that systematic racism is causing them pain and suffering, and that EVERYBODY needs to help to put an end to it. If you choose to meet that plea for help by saying "fix yourself before asking me to change", you lack basic compassion as a human being.

"Black people" aren't necessarily right.
(06-12-2020, 04:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2020, 03:41 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]It's actually very similar.

"Black people" aren't necessarily right.

Who's elitist now? But of course your understanding of racism is so superior to the millions of Americans who say they have suffered from it.

+1

And, by extension, whichever "Chaz leader" is quoted there is lacking in compassion.  As most people trying to appoint themselves as leaders are.

Kids, this is why we have elections.  You have to at least be able to mimic compassion, for at least most people, before we put you in charge of stuff.
(06-12-2020, 04:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

+1

And, by extension, whichever "Chaz leader" is quoted there is lacking in compassion.  As most people trying to appoint themselves as leaders are.

Kids, this is why we have elections.  You have to at least be able to mimic compassion, for at least most people, before we put you in charge of stuff.

With one massively significant exception to that rule... Which makes me wonder if that rule even exists anymore?

The problem isn't that people don't want to help. The problem is that, those that don't want to "help", don't want to "help" because they don't believe it's a problem. 

When twice as many people are killed by cows than unarmed black men are killed by police, I'm not going to believe it's as much an issue as you want me to believe.

Back to the point, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that the vast majority of the millions of people who have expressed their support for the Black Lives Matter movement in the past few weeks do not allign themselves with the extreme demands of these guys in Seattle.

Who needs the nutmeg now, brother?
(06-12-2020, 04:49 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2020, 04:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]"Black people" aren't necessarily right.

Who's elitist now? But of course your understanding of racism is so superior to the millions of Americans who say they have suffered from it.

Millions of people think they'll win the lottery tomorrow. Millions think they could compete in major league  sports. Millions think they could be Bill Gates. Milliond of feelings arent evidence for anything. But mass hysteria, peer pressure, and the herd mentality are quite common.

Bruh....  ur hurting me.  Nahh man.
(06-12-2020, 05:53 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem isn't that people don't want to help. The problem is that, those that don't want to "help", don't want to "help" because they don't believe it's a problem. 

When twice as many people are killed by cows than unarmed black men are killed by police, I'm not going to believe it's as much an issue as you want me to believe.

But what about all those feelings?
Pages: 1 2