Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fox News Faking Pictures of Seattle Autonomous Zone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/media/sea...index.html

Among the photos that Fox News published on its homepage was one that showed a protester running past a burning vehicle and building with the headline "CRAZY TOWN" blaring across the website. The image, which accompanied a story about the situation in Seattle, was in fact taken from the unrest last month in Minnesota.

In other photos that showed the scene in Seattle, Fox News digitally added an image of a man armed with an assault rifle.
Unacceptable, but par for the course, I guess.
I'm anxiously awaiting the passionate defense of how Fox is showing what the MSM won't via dramatic interpretation of accounts on the ground.

Or just silence.
(06-14-2020, 09:34 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I'm anxiously awaiting the passionate defense of how Fox is showing what the MSM won't via dramatic interpretation of accounts on the ground.

Or just silence.

You are awaiting a passionate defense against a CNN article?
(06-14-2020, 09:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2020, 09:34 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]I'm anxiously awaiting the passionate defense of how Fox is showing what the MSM won't via dramatic interpretation of accounts on the ground.

Or just silence.

You are awaiting a passionate defense against a CNN article?

The story has been confirmed by other media outlets.
Terrible.
I remember thinking 'whoa' when I saw this picture before the uproar because it conveyed such an image of absolute mayhem. Upon closer inspection it became obvious it was a mashup (the ghosted images give it away). Immediately I thought the image was inappropriate. It might be suitable for an article summarizing the entirety of the riots nationwide, but not for a single event. It's a dishonest representation of what is happening in Seattle.
Nobody wants to read stories without pictures now. They aren't allowed into the barricades, so they can't get pictures. Not sure why they faked a picture but I guess they didn't want to buy a picture from someone else. Stupid to do and they should pay whatever fine there is.
(06-14-2020, 11:25 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody wants to read stories without pictures now. They aren't allowed into the barricades, so they can't get pictures. Not sure why they faked a picture but I guess they didn't want to buy a picture from someone else. Stupid to do and they should pay whatever fine there is.

There isn’t one. That’s one of the biggest problems with all media right now. Just some pissy advertisers and it’s all forgotten tomorrow. Look how many times CNN has faked [BLEEP] and even SC1 forgets about it 48 hours later.
There is a real problem with media accountability right now. I've been saying that for years, though.
(06-14-2020, 12:50 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]There is a real problem with media accountability right now. I've been saying that for years, though.
Absolutely.

It’s just funny watching people defend Fox News as if it’s different from CNN. Both suck.
That cant be true!

That must be fake, fake news!!