Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Less than a quarter of Democrats are 'extremely proud' to be American
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Less than a quarter of Democrats are 'extremely proud' to be American

Barely one in four Democrats say they are "extremely proud" to be an American, according to a new poll.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/06/poll-less-qu...0aLnS13k9c
Maybe they should move. Along with their bad parents and teachers who got them here.
(06-16-2020, 07:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they should move. Along with their bad parents and teachers who got them here.
You’re an odd dude.
(06-16-2020, 08:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2020, 07:24 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they should move. Along with their bad parents and teachers who got them here.
You’re an odd dude.

How would you explain the exponential drop in patriotism of Gen Z?
(06-16-2020, 08:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2020, 08:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]You’re an odd dude.

How would you explain the exponential drop in patriotism of Gen Z?

People like you?
Leftists gained almost complete control of the narrative. You can't find an institution that doesn't skew left these days. Media, Entertainment, Academia... even science has been co-opted with the messaging (as evidenced by the recent retraction in the Lancet). Politically, it's still a mixed bag, especially in the House and state governments. Same with Judiciaries. But culturally, that is dominated by the left. They shape the values and the rhetoric that is molding the next generation.
(06-16-2020, 08:47 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2020, 08:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]How would you explain the exponential drop in patriotism of Gen Z?

People like you?

I am Gen X and love my country. Math is hard.

(06-16-2020, 08:50 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Leftists gained almost complete control of the narrative. You can't find an institution that doesn't skew left these days. Media, Entertainment, Academia... even science has been co-opted with the messaging (as evidenced by the recent retraction in the Lancet). Politically, it's still a mixed bag, especially in the House and state governments. Same with Judiciaries. But culturally, that is dominated by the left. They shape the values and the rhetoric that is molding the next generation.

I believe Cleatwood is a teacher, which explains why he probably takes offense to the concept of educational institutions being part of the "problem".
So, more Republicans than Democrats say they are "extremely proud" to be an American. But that begs the question- how many of those Republicans would say they are STUPENDOUSLY proud to be an American? Huh? What about that? How about incredibly, stupendously, extremely proud?

Seriously, though, what the heck does that even mean- "extremely proud"??? If someone asked me if I was extremely proud to be an American, I would ask them what they meant by that. What does an "extremely proud" American do- how do they behave- that is different from what a "pretty proud" or "kind of proud" American does?
(06-16-2020, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2020, 08:47 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]People like you?

(06-16-2020, 08:50 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Leftists gained almost complete control of the narrative. You can't find an institution that doesn't skew left these days. Media, Entertainment, Academia... even science has been co-opted with the messaging (as evidenced by the recent retraction in the Lancet). Politically, it's still a mixed bag, especially in the House and state governments. Same with Judiciaries. But culturally, that is dominated by the left. They shape the values and the rhetoric that is molding the next generation.

I believe Cleatwood is a teacher, which explains why he probably takes offense to the concept of educational institutions being part of the "problem".

https://thepostmillennial.com/the-nyc-sc...es-racist/
Pride is a sin, I thought.
Seriously, though, it's good to be a little proud of lots of things.
I'm a modest guy, I don't like to admit to being "extremely" anything.
But if I was going to admit to being "extremely proud" of something, it would be something I did or made. Like my career or my children.
Not the country I was lucky enough to be born into.
(06-16-2020, 09:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Pride is a sin, I thought.
But if I was going to admit to being "extremely proud" of something, it would be something I did or made. Like my career or my children.

Spoken like someone who's never contributed anything of value to his country.
(06-16-2020, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2020, 08:47 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]People like you?

I’m a PE teacher and you literally have no clue what good teachers do on a daily basis. Your takes are skewed by what you see on Fox News. Teachers are not the problem in this country. The problem is when one group believes they are “more American” than another which is exactly what you’re saying.

There are millions of amazing teachers all across this country who devote their lives to making this world a better place. 

But most of all, teachers are not parents. So if you’re relying on teachers to do everything that a parent should do, you’ve already lost. I talk about good exercise and good eating habits every day but unless it’s reinforced at home, it falls on deaf ears.
(06-16-2020, 09:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]So, more Republicans than Democrats say they are "extremely proud" to be an American.  But that begs the question- how many of those Republicans would say they are STUPENDOUSLY proud to be an American?  Huh?  What about that?  How about incredibly, stupendously, extremely proud?  

Seriously, though, what the heck does that even mean- "extremely proud"???  If someone asked me if I was extremely proud to be an American, I would ask them what they meant by that.   What does an "extremely proud" American do- how do they behave- that is different from what a "pretty proud" or "kind of proud" American does?

This is a problem with polls in general.
(06-16-2020, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2020, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am Gen X and love my country. Math is hard.

I’m a PE teacher and you literally have no clue what good teachers do on a daily basis. Your takes are skewed by what you see on Fox News. Teachers are not the problem in this country. The problem is when one group believes they are “more American” than another which is exactly what you’re saying.

There are millions of amazing teachers all across this country who devote their lives to making this world a better place. 

But most of all, teachers are not parents. So if you’re relying on teachers to do everything that a parent should do, you’ve already lost. I talk about good exercise and good eating habits every day but unless it’s reinforced at home, it falls on deaf ears.

You are so right on this. Parents have been incentivized to abandon their parental responsibilities and that pressure falls on teachers who should be educating not parenting. Put 15 of those kids in a class of 20 students and it's amazing they learn anything at all.

I will continue to bang the drum that we have a cultural problem, the problems in politics, crime, education, government spending,...all of it is a result of the failure of our culture to support families as they provide a nurturing environment for the kids.
Lol ..... I bet from the years 2008-2015, the opposite would have applied.
(06-16-2020, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am Gen X and love my country. Math is hard.

I completely agree with your last line. This is a problem that has been exacerbated by the dependence on a 2 person income to remain in middle class. 

That said, my experience as a teacher opened my eyes to the ways children are indoctrinated. The biggest factor is that progressive teachers have more freedom to speak their point of view, so they are more emboldened in their willingness to engage students without fear of retaliation. Anecdotally speaking, it seemed like most conservative teachers I met were Christians, too, so a lot of their views are shaped from religion, which can't be taught publically. So you have progressive left teachers with freedom to speak their worldview and Christian conservatives who can't share theirs. There is a third set of teachers who are liberal, but that's a shrinking group.

As a tangent, I wish I had known how freaky teachers were when I was growing up.
(06-16-2020, 09:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2020, 09:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Pride is a sin, I thought.

Spoken like someone who's never contributed anything of value to his country.

Oh there you go again with the gratuitous insults... Always playing hard to get!
Are you from the islands, because Jamaican me crazy!
Big Grin Love
(06-16-2020, 09:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]So, more Republicans than Democrats say they are "extremely proud" to be an American.  But that begs the question- how many of those Republicans would say they are STUPENDOUSLY proud to be an American?  Huh?  What about that?  How about incredibly, stupendously, extremely proud?  

Seriously, though, what the heck does that even mean- "extremely proud"???  If someone asked me if I was extremely proud to be an American, I would ask them what they meant by that.   What does an "extremely proud" American do- how do they behave- that is different from what a "pretty proud" or "kind of proud" American does?

I would genuinely like for someone to attempt some sort of answer to my question: what is the difference between someone who is "extremely proud" to be an American and someone who is "moderately proud" to be an American?  What is the difference in thought or behavior?  Why is it significant to you guys that more Republicans than Democrats are "extremely proud" to be an American?  What does it mean?

I agree with everything you said.

Do you take the same approach to police officers?
(06-16-2020, 02:03 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2020, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I’m a PE teacher and you literally have no clue what good teachers do on a daily basis. Your takes are skewed by what you see on Fox News. Teachers are not the problem in this country. The problem is when one group believes they are “more American” than another which is exactly what you’re saying.

I agree with everything you said.

Do you take the same approach to police officers?
Absolutely.

I have friends who are police officers. I don’t think people are saying all cops are bad either (maybe some people but they’re most likely loopy). There are clearly great cops and there are clearly cops on an extreme power trip.

(06-16-2020, 10:14 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2020, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I’m a PE teacher and you literally have no clue what good teachers do on a daily basis. Your takes are skewed by what you see on Fox News. Teachers are not the problem in this country. The problem is when one group believes they are “more American” than another which is exactly what you’re saying.

I completely agree with your last line. This is a problem that has been exacerbated by the dependence on a 2 person income to remain in middle class. 

That said, my experience as a teacher opened my eyes to the ways children are indoctrinated. The biggest factor is that progressive teachers have more freedom to speak their point of view, so they are more emboldened in their willingness to engage students without fear of retaliation. Anecdotally speaking, it seemed like most conservative teachers I met were Christians, too, so a lot of their views are shaped from religion, which can't be taught publically. So you have progressive left teachers with freedom to speak their worldview and Christian conservatives who can't share theirs. There is a third set of teachers who are liberal, but that's a shrinking group.

As a tangent, I wish I had known how freaky teachers were when I was growing up.
My first year teaching, we played “never have I ever” and the phrase “never have I ever had a three-some”.

I look over at my principal and she puts her finger down! I was like “ooook. Here we go!” The end of the year party that year was AMAZING.

We then discussed ways we could further indoctrinate children the next school year.   As teachers, we party first and then conjure up plans to conquer the world with our massive salaries.
Pages: 1 2