Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Racist Alligators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This has gone too freaking far...... There's a Civil War Brewing, and I think the 1st shot was already fired
No Civil War. This is just the pendulum swinging to stupid. White guilty liberals are searching for something, anything to throw on the fire to prove how much they care.

It’s a shame, too. A movement which can introduce true dialogue and understanding is quickly disappearing up its own [BLEEP].
Bwwwwaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Typical stupid Floriduh Gata thinking.
A nation of fools.
The game of pool will be banned next. White ball knocking in a bunch of colored balls and saving the black one for last.
(06-18-2020, 02:20 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]This has gone too freaking far...... There's a Civil War Brewing, and I think the 1st shot was already fired

If there's a Civil War brewing because African Americans are finally being listened to and shown respect and white southerners don't like it, then sign me up to fight on the black side.
(06-18-2020, 03:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2020, 02:20 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]This has gone too freaking far...... There's a Civil War Brewing, and I think the 1st shot was already fired

If there's a Civil War brewing because African Americans are finally being listened to and shown respect and white southerners don't like it, then sign me up to fight on the black side.

This has moved past the point of African American involvement.

Kind of sad people still believe this is about black respect, or that before Floyd, blacks had none. Ignorance is strength, I guess.

If there is a civil war brewing sign me up on the side that knows which bathroom to use and how to use a firearm properly.
I'm seeing on Facebook that the president of UF says, while he does not believe the chant was ever meant in any kind of racist way, he has found evidence that long ago white people would steal black babies and use them to bait alligators. sometimes the baby survived, a lot of times they didn't, no one with any power cared, and no one suffered any consequences. A friend on Facebook showed a video of a guy who has collected all sorts of little pieces of artwork depicting black babies next to alligators with the words "gator bait".
I think the art is real, but it was intended as a joke. Much like when I was in high school my friends and I used to like to tell jokes about dead babies. "What's worse than a dead baby?" "I don't know." "A pile of dead babies." etc.
I mean, no one should forget that slaves were basically treated as livestock. It makes sense to use livestock as gator bait. But there are so many other living things that make more sense to use this way, that are a lot easier and cheaper to get. Cats. Pigs. Chickens. I have a lot of trouble believing that the Gator bait story is literally true.
(06-18-2020, 04:48 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2020, 03:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]If there's a Civil War brewing because African Americans are finally being listened to and shown respect and white southerners don't like it, then sign me up to fight on the black side.

If there is a civil war brewing sign me up on the side that knows which bathroom to use and how to use a firearm properly.

So how is the ladies room these days?
(06-18-2020, 08:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seeing on Facebook that the president of UF says, while he does not believe the chant was ever meant in any kind of racist way, he has found evidence that long ago white people would steal black babies and use them to bait alligators. sometimes the baby survived, a lot of times they didn't, no one with any power cared, and no one suffered any consequences. A friend on Facebook showed a video of a guy who has collected all sorts of little pieces of artwork depicting black babies next to alligators with the words "gator bait".
I think the art is real, but it was intended as a joke. Much like when I was in high school my friends and I used to like to tell jokes about dead babies.  "What's worse than a dead baby?" "I don't know." "A pile of dead babies." etc.
I mean, no one should forget that slaves were basically treated as livestock. It makes sense to use livestock as gator bait. But there are so many other living things that make more sense to use this way, that are a lot easier and cheaper to get. Cats. Pigs. Chickens. I have a lot of trouble believing that the Gator bait story is literally true.

That doesn't make sense to me.  A slave was worth a lot of money.  I can't see slave owners throwing away something that valuable.

Actually, it wasn't a shot, it was a knee to the neck

[Image: 2775.jpeg]
(06-19-2020, 07:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, it wasn't a shot, it was a knee to the neck

Yep, we gotta stop Democrats from abusing black people, again.
(06-18-2020, 01:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Cancel culture strikes again!

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Ar...148304677/

bruh..  they just keep hurting me...  I...
Do you guys have any idea where the term "gator bait" came from?
(06-19-2020, 07:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2020, 07:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, it wasn't a shot, it was a knee to the neck

Yep, we gotta stop Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and non-registered voters from abusing black people, again.

Not sure why you went down the party path, unless you think the other parties (non-Democrats) should be allowed to continue with abusing blacks, so I added clarification in hopes your opinion can be swayed.
Yeah, there is indeed historical relevance to the "gator bait" thing, but it feels like one hell of a reach to connect the dots to this progressively-minded-independent-gator-hater.

Just seems like harmless gameday tradition IMO.

Even I am able to see instances where the level of PC goes too far even if it's not very near the line most of you guys are seeing.
(06-19-2020, 09:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, there is indeed historical relevance to the "gator bait" thing, but it feels like one hell of a reach to connect the dots to this progressively-minded-independent-gator-hater.  

Just seems like harmless gameday tradition IMO.

Even I am able to see instances where the level of PC goes too far even if it's not very near the line most of you guys are seeing.

It is going too far, but I'm 100% certain that some in this thread have no idea where "gator bait" originated and are just parroting the "cancel culture" narrative.
Pages: 1 2