Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley should stay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we live in a world of knee jerk reactions on social media but its clear that Gus should get another year to show he can coach.

He's a leader of men with an astute football mind and the players love him. Yeah sure results havn't gone our way that happens in the NFL sometimes. Give him another year with our new stud pass rushers and another year to keep Jack on the bench to learn how to play linebacker.

I fully expect us to make the playoffs next year with Gus.

All you people saying he should be fired don't know football.
My sarcasm meter is working today.
You sold me.
I hope the Patriots play the Jags next year, I'll get a sure win if he stays.

There is a reasonable argument for this. Historically, an interim coach that take over this early is awful. In other words, firing Gus would do nothing record wise. If you want Gus fired to save the season then you are in for a disappointment. However, from a business standpoint, it make sense to go ahead and fire him after the colts game. The fans get new blood. It may help ticket sales that would otherwise drop off if Gus stayed. Plus, it tells fans a new guy is coming next year which pumps new blood into the fan base. 

You forgot to finish your sentence: Gus needs to stay...as far away as possible from this team.
Gus is a good man and a better coach.
If Gus is a better coach than he is a man, then he must be a serial killer.  Who kicks puppies.  And then steals candy from babies.  Then kicks the babies too.

He needs to stay and clean out his office tomorrow!