Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I quit 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I gotta blow off steam this year is for the birds. Forget all the global [BLEEP]   Personally it’s been one Thing after another. Wife who is a stay at home mother had old student loans before we got married. Thought we had paid them all off found out in March there was a federal one outstanding. I know it’s no ones fault but our own but we found out when the IRS seized our refund ouch right. 

Ok life goes on. Now I’m making small payment and I’ll find a way to tackle it down The road. Nevertheless puts us behind the 8-ball we shouldn’t but a family of six on single income I needed some of that to catch up on bills. Work out some payment plans and struggle through. 

Then Covid fires up. My vacation in March is cancelled can’t leave the garage with all the craziness going on, no problem I get some time off in July. Oh wait two coworkers pop positive in June for Covid and I get shut down for two weeks, at lest I get to is pto so I’m not to short on income it’s already tight.

The day before I go back to work the reverse osmosis we use for drinking water splits in half floods the kitchen in our mobile home. Those of you lucky enough to live in real houses might not know but mobile homes are made of car board the damage is severe. Ok I’ll work on it little by litttle but I gotta figure out this water problem. We’ve had bad water for 6 years can’t afford a chrloination system for 10k so we just live with it. Welp not anymore the iron is so bad it’s rusting the pipes and fittings.

Then today I get home after a 14 hour day in the garage to find out the AC system I bough 3 years ago is dead. Shorted out of course the company is out of business of course there’s. I warrant cause 2020. Sorry I just gotta get out of my system I don’t need pitty just to Vent thanks
(07-10-2020, 09:59 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta blow off steam this year is for the birds. Forget all the global [BLEEP]   Personally it’s been one Thing after another. Wife who is a stay at home mother had old student loans before we got married. Thought we had paid them all off found out in March there was a federal one outstanding. I know it’s no ones fault but our own but we found out when the IRS seized our refund ouch right. 

Ok life goes on. Now I’m making small payment and I’ll find a way to tackle it down The road. Nevertheless puts us behind the 8-ball we shouldn’t but a family of six on single income I needed some of that to catch up on bills. Work out some payment plans and struggle through. 

Then Covid fires up. My vacation in March is cancelled can’t leave the garage with all the craziness going on, no problem I get some time off in July. Oh wait two coworkers pop positive in June for Covid and I get shut down for two weeks, at lest I get to is pto so I’m not to short on income it’s already tight.

The day before I go back to work the reverse osmosis we use for drinking water splits in half floods the kitchen in our mobile home. Those of you lucky enough to live in real houses might not know but mobile homes are made of car board the damage is severe. Ok I’ll work on it little by litttle but I gotta figure out this water problem. We’ve had bad water for 6 years can’t afford a chrloination system for 10k so we just live with it. Welp not anymore the iron is so bad it’s rusting the pipes and fittings.

Then today I get home after a 14 hour day in the garage to find out the AC system I bough 3 years ago is dead. Shorted out of course the company is out of business of course there’s. I warrant cause 2020. Sorry I just gotta get out of my system I don’t need pitty just to Vent thanks

I'm right there with you Eric. 

Expanded operations by a considerable amount this year and the Covid-related price fallout couldn't have come at a worse time. 

I fear a 3-year turnaround is about to become a decade long fiasco. I realize many have things much worse, but man I don't like what I'm staring in the face.
(07-10-2020, 10:25 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2020, 09:59 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta blow off steam this year is for the birds. Forget all the global [BLEEP]   Personally it’s been one Thing after another. Wife who is a stay at home mother had old student loans before we got married. Thought we had paid them all off found out in March there was a federal one outstanding. I know it’s no ones fault but our own but we found out when the IRS seized our refund ouch right. 

I'm right there with you Eric. 

Expanded operations by a considerable amount this year and the Covid-related price fallout couldn't have come at a worse time. 

I fear a 3-year turnaround is about to become a decade long fiasco. I realize many have things much worse, but man I don't like what I'm staring in the face.

Ouch it’s like this year came out of no where. Last year was so normal and then wham 2020 oh well I feel much better today it was just a rough night thanks for the outlet
I think 2020 is clobbering everybody. I think a pandemic closely followed by a severe economic downturn will pretty much affect everyone. At that point, just normal bad luck would feel like things are just piling on to you.

I try not to talk about myself too much on this message board, but just let it suffice to say, you are not alone. Everyone seems to be taking a hit these days.

Feeling for you.
Really hope you catch a break. 

It'll take me at least 3 years to get "caught up" financially from what this pandemic is doing to me right now.
There's a truism that says if everyone threw their troubles in a pile and we saw everyone eles's, we would quickly grab ours back.

With the exception of the inconvenience the pandemic has visited upon everyone, this year hasn't been bad for me. However, I'm 91% sure I'll be looking for new employment by the end of the year. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Injured Spouse form for the tax problem. Check it out. Since her debt is not legally your responsibility you can file this with your next tax return and it prevents those bastards from stealing your money. It does nothing for your monthly payments but you still get your tax return.
(07-11-2020, 06:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Injured Spouse form for the tax problem. Check it out. Since her debt is not legally your responsibility you can file this with your next tax return and it prevents those bastards from stealing your money. It does nothing for your monthly payments but you still get your tax return.

I’ll look into it but in the end I’ll pay it I just honestly didn’t know about it
(07-11-2020, 07:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2020, 06:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Injured Spouse form for the tax problem. Check it out. Since her debt is not legally your responsibility you can file this with your next tax return and it prevents those bastards from stealing your money. It does nothing for your monthly payments but you still get your tax return.

I’ll look into it but in the end I’ll pay it I just honestly didn’t know about it

You'll still have to make the monthly payments, they just won't take your tax return.