Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ruth Bader Ginsburg admitted to hospital
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Elections have consequences.  There could quite possibly be a new position opened up on The Supreme Court.

Not only is the presidency at stake, but much more so the senate.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not only elderly, but she doesn't have the best health history.  Should she pass away, the next nominee is going to come from the winner of the Presidential election and confirmation has to come from The Senate.
With 5 liberals on the court already, this will be crucial.
How about we just pray for a recovery for a fellow human I don’t like her politics but hate the idea of making political plans on her possible demise
(07-14-2020, 06:43 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]How about we just pray for a recovery for a fellow human I don’t like her politics but hate the idea of making political plans on her possible demise

You can be cognizant of your countries future while still not hoping someone dies. 

Everyone has to prepare for the inevitable one way or another. That is what wills are for. 

I hope she recovers, but she is very old, has a challenging medical history, and holds one of the highest positions in our country. Not planning for her demise or retirement would be irresponsible.
I suppose if she died tomorrow, God forbid, the president would probably try to replace her before the election.
We know that Mitch McConnell wasn't serious when he said that the president should not appoint a supreme Court Justice in an election year.
The whole process of appointing supreme Court justices is a farce anyway.
We have 50 states, with 50 state supreme courts.
Guess, how many of those states give their governor the sole rights to nominate a new judge, with the legislature having the power only to approve or disapprove?
(07-14-2020, 06:43 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]How about we just pray for a recovery for a fellow human I don’t like her politics but hate the idea of making political plans on her possible demise

Oh no, we're the religious right. We've got the champagne chilled in preparation for that dance on the grave. Lead the way, Cheeto Jesus!!
(07-14-2020, 10:24 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh no, we're the religious right. We've got the champagne chilled in preparation for that dance on the grave. Lead the way, Cheeto Jesus!!

You've seen that behavior?
(07-14-2020, 10:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2020, 10:24 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh no, we're the religious right. We've got the champagne chilled in preparation for that dance on the grave. Lead the way, Cheeto Jesus!!

You've seen that behavior?

You have to realize my post was satirical hyperbole, right? But I hope you're not pretending absolutely no one on the right hopes she dies before Donnie is booted so he gets another pick? And why are you defending these people? I thought you were voting for the libertarian.
(07-14-2020, 11:24 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2020, 10:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]You've seen that behavior?

You have to realize my post was satirical hyperbole, right? But I hope you're not pretending absolutely no one on the right hopes she dies before Donnie is booted so he gets another pick? And why are you defending these people? I thought you were voting for the libertarian.

I am. RGB is someone who should've retired a decade ago when Obama was President so he could replace her. We went five posts in and you tossed an unsubstantiated accusation dressed up in snark. What I wrote wasn't defending anyone, it was calling you out for encroaching on my turf.
(07-14-2020, 11:24 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2020, 10:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]You've seen that behavior?

If she died today, Trump isn't getting a SCOTUS pick confirmed before the election anyway.

He needs to win reelection for that to happen. RGB showed epic stubbornness holding out until the election. Let's see if it pays off. As much as you want to project your own evil onto conservatives,  most want to see her get well.
I think they'd get the confirmation through. She should have retired years ago.
(07-15-2020, 08:00 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I think they'd get the confirmation through. She should have retired years ago.

I would hope so. I assume the pick would be Amy Coney Barrett.
(07-15-2020, 06:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2020, 11:24 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to realize my post was satirical hyperbole, right? But I hope you're not pretending absolutely no one on the right hopes she dies before Donnie is booted so he gets another pick? And why are you defending these people? I thought you were voting for the libertarian.

I am. RGB is someone who should've retired a decade ago when Obama was President so he could replace her. We went five posts in and you tossed an unsubstantiated accusation dressed up in snark. What I wrote wasn't defending anyone, it was calling you out for encroaching on my turf.

I mean I do know some Trump supporters in real life and hear what they say on the matter. Unsubstantiated claims? Hardly. But I guess you are pretending no Trump supporters are hoping for any such thing.
(07-15-2020, 07:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2020, 11:24 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to realize my post was satirical hyperbole, right? But I hope you're not pretending absolutely no one on the right hopes she dies before Donnie is booted so he gets another pick? And why are you defending these people? I thought you were voting for the libertarian.

If she died today, Trump isn't getting a SCOTUS pick confirmed before the election anyway.

He needs to win reelection for that to happen. RGB showed epic stubbornness holding out until the election. Let's see if it pays off. As much as you want to project your own evil onto conservatives,  most want to see her get well.

Yeah, I'm sure the virtuous Mitch McConnell would stick to his guns and do to whoever Trump nominates as he did to Garland. And me projecting evil onto so-called conservatives? Your go to bit on this board is this rubber and glue routine, you know the one that's the favorite of young children?
Thought for sure all of the Trump-supporting well-wishers would have posted this long before me. Ginsberg was released from the hospital and is home and doing well.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ruth-bader-...infection/
(07-15-2020, 08:00 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I think they'd get the confirmation through. She should have retired years ago.

Why?  The Supreme Court Justices are appointed for life.  Yes, the system is totally screwed.  

Perhaps they can revise to state they are appointed for life, unless they fall asleep during a President's State of the Union Address.

(07-15-2020, 11:49 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought for sure all of the Trump-supporting well-wishers would have posted this long before me. Ginsberg was released from the hospital and is home and doing well.

Their prayers were answered.
(07-15-2020, 07:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

You don't think Moscow Mitch would push a nomination through the Senate before January? If not, you severely underestimate that man's depravity.
(07-14-2020, 06:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]With 5 liberals on the court already, this will be crucial.

5 liberals? Must everyone with whom you disagree be characterized so? If you take the time to read Chief Justice Roberts' rulings, you should understand how conservative he actually is. Just because you adore Trump doesn't mean you have to emulate his disdain for reading.
(07-15-2020, 11:49 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought for sure all of the Trump-supporting well-wishers would have posted this long before me. Ginsberg was released from the hospital and is home and doing well.

Good, I'm glad. I wish she would retire and enjoy the remainder of her life at home with her family and friends.
Pages: 1 2