Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Couple Arrested after Racist Attack in Connecticut Hotel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/couple-accuse...02771.html

A couple accused of assaulting a 59-year-old hotel worker in Mystic, Connecticut, while yelling racial slurs after complaining about a lack of hot water in their room, was arrested early Monday in Brooklyn, New York.

They are accused of attacking Crystal Caldwell, a Black desk clerk, on June 26 at a Quality Inn, where she has worked for several years. Caldwell has said the couple confronted her after complaining about the water temperature in their room.  Caldwell and her attorney, M. John Strafaci, said the couple, who are white, attacked her twice and called her a monkey.

Unbelievable --- Amazing what comes to light via hotel cameras and mobile phones .....

[Image: a14aad8b049617fec93efc37cace7c54]
You can't stay at Quality Inn and expect reliable hot water. You just can't.
(07-15-2020, 12:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]You can't stay at Quality Inn and expect reliable hot water. You just can't.

$59/night inclusive of a free continental breakfast and unlimited cold water; can't beat that as a guest.  Further reason this idiot needs to get the max penalty.
(07-15-2020, 12:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2020, 12:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]You can't stay at Quality Inn and expect reliable hot water. You just can't.

$59/night inclusive of a free continental breakfast and unlimited cold water; can't beat that as a guest.  Further reason this idiot needs to get the max penalty.

Don't forget HBO and color TV

[Image: bee731bbe005299a4ecd295421493902.jpg]

While staying at a North Carolina hotel in the winter I received a phone call from the front desk telling me there would be no hot water the next morning. They offered to arrange transportation to a local YMCA for a hot shower if requested. No thanks. I opted for the ‘blue turtle’ shower.
(07-15-2020, 12:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

But you can beat the employees.

Badum Tssss!

Thank you! I’ll be here all week.
So they definitely assaulted the worker. Battery should be 10 to 15 years, throw the book at them. But since she was an African-American worker and they called her a slur they get...what? 20 to 30? 25 to life?
How where they offered bail when they have no address and are homeless? How were they then able to pay the $12,500 for bail? Either they are selling drugs or some other criminal activity. Doubt they show up to court.