Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Foul'er Cost the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah. They all sucked for the most part. But Foulers idiot penalty at the half gave them the FG.

I could really go on and on with the blame game but there's no point.

Week 3. Season over.Another top 5 draft pick.

Poz and ARod...my apologies.
Plenty of chances to win. We will draft Lamar Jackson, may bring back some bad memories for you, but its for the greater good

Nope
First half penalties don't cost teams the game.

No he didnt, he gave the offense a tip INT, and they did nothing with it

Fowler made a play to force an int later in the game inside FG position. Then the offense decided to lose yards and the FG was blocked.

Fowler made a dumb play but made up for it.

It's Fowler. It was a team effort and he played well considering all the double-teams he had to deal with. 

Not at all, Fowler made up for it with the slap on the ball that resulted in an interception. This game was on the offense and the coaching staff calling terrible plays. 

You have to put the game away when given the opportunity (twice twice twice). Not run it up the middle for a couple yards and throw interceptions, and not count on your kicker making a 53 yard field goal. 

The 0 points on 3 turnovers (one which was caused by Fowler) is what killed us. Why does this board just sit back and pray a player fails? Fowler has been fine and way better then anything we`ve had at DE in the last 5 years.

This. GREAT field position for most of the 4th quarter and did SQUAT with it. Absolutely SQUAT.
Quote:The 0 points on 3 turnovers (one which was caused by Fowler) is what killed us. Why does this board just sit back and pray a player fails? Fowler has been fine and way better then anything we`ve had at DE in the last 5 years.
You can't spot the other team points and expect to win many games. His penalty spotted them 3. However, we should still have been able to put the game away late with the ball and driving. Even the field goal would have been huge there.

Lots of blame to go around. Blake is making it looked like we're in QB purgatory. He'all do well if everything else is in place, but he's not yet a guy that will put the team on his back or even just throw the ball away instead of taking a sack and wasting the timeout.
Yeah it's all on Fowler and  not the QB who threw 3 ints.

Just venting. I didn't have enough time to put blame on the rest of this dysfunctional team

Fowler did make that one could pass deflection, but 21 straight pass completions doesn't give me warm and fuzzies on the pass D.

Ramsey was. much more impressive imo.

Anyway....just passed off folks. Hell, I even blamed the wife for jinxing the team at one time.

Hello Jack Daniels.
Quote:The 0 points on 3 turnovers (one which was caused by Fowler) is what killed us. Why does this board just sit back and pray a player fails? Fowler has been fine and way better then anything we`ve had at DE in the last 5 years.

Fowler and Yannick looked really good today, as did Malik. I'm sure we will have someone try criticising Malik again. A-Rob too.
Ditto. I told the wife the Jags have sucked the entire time we've been married. They haven't had a winning record or made the playoffs for my kid's entire lives. I take this team way too seriously.

Quote:Just venting. I didn't have enough time to put blame on the rest of this dysfunctional team

Fowler did make that one could pass deflection, but 21 straight pass completions doesn't give me warm and fuzzies on the pass D.

Anyway....just passed off folks. Hell, I even blamed the wife for jinxing the team at one time.

Hello Jack Daniels.
Quote:Just venting. I didn't have enough time to put blame on the rest of this dysfunctional team

Hello Jack Daniels.
The pressure was fine. Flacco was able to complete 21 straight passes because of the zone we always play. It's easy to dump off a pass 3 yards in front of you when there are no defenders around for yards.
Quote:This. GREAT field position for most of the 4th quarter and did SQUAT with it. Absolutely SQUAT.
Yup.

The offenses inability to do ANYTHING in the 4th qtr lost this one.

The Defense and Special Teams gave them 3 consecutive turnovers with starting position INSIDE RAVENS TERRITORY AND FG RANGE. 3 consecutive possessions.

Offense goes:

-3 and out (with a tipped pass),,, FG

-Tipped pass INT

-Lost yardage on 3 plays,,, Blocked FG

I don't think I've ever seen a team receive 3 consecutive turnovers in opponents territory in the 4th qtr and end up losing the game. I can't rebel ever seeing that.

How the Jags offense couldn't put the final "nail in the coffin", or even get a freaking 1st down, is completely messed up.

I don't care what some fans want to say. What I saw was a Defense and Special Teams that played well enough to win a game, giving the offense golden opportunities to win it late.

How often have we been able to say that the past few years? Not often. But that's exactly what happened today.

O-line was completely out matched. Bortles played even worse today than he did last week (and that is what I can't believe).