Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: City erases 'Black Lives Matter' street mural after 'MAGA 2020' request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
City erases 'Black Lives Matter' street mural after 'MAGA 2020' request

A California city stripped away a Black Lives Matter street mural rather than allow a pro-Trump mural to be painted on its streets.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/202...REf_FgxJdY
If the Street is going to be the Public Square then everyone must be given equal access to promote their message within it.
(07-21-2020, 07:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]If the Street is going to be the Public Square then everyone must be given equal access to promote their message within it.

I agree with that.  It's the same with religious symbols- crosses, the Ten Commandments, etc.  There can't be any favoritism.
So BLM is political now? I see....

I would have thought BLM would have bipartisan support.
(07-22-2020, 12:07 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]So BLM is political now?  I see....

It doesn't matter if it has bipartisan support or not.  Christianity has bipartisan support, and you can't put Christian messages in the public square, either, without allowing every other religion to do the same.  

BLM is a political message, so even if it had bipartisan support, you can't put it in a public space without allowing every other political message in there too.  

Or maybe you were being snarky.  I tend to take people literally.
(07-22-2020, 12:07 AM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]So BLM is political now?  I see....

If BLM were actually what its name indicates, I'm sure it would have bipartisan support.
(07-21-2020, 07:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]If the Street is going to be the Public Square then everyone must be given equal access to promote their message within it.

+1

then you don't know what BLM is.

Go to their website and read what they're really about then tell me they should have any support much less bipartisan. 

I agree that black lives matter, but I DO NOT agree with nor support the BLM group, agenda, or crusade.

I'll just leave this here.

Yeah BLM
(07-23-2020, 01:04 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah BLM

Baby lives matter?
(07-23-2020, 01:04 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah BLM

What in the ever loving blue hell is that son of a [BLEEP] doing to that kid?
(07-23-2020, 03:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]What in the ever loving blue hell is that son of a [BLEEP] doing to that kid?

This is what that [BLEEP] was doing
(07-23-2020, 04:17 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2020, 03:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]What in the ever loving blue hell is that son of a [BLEEP] doing to that kid?

This is what that [BLEEP] was doing

It looks like a high school teacher commented below the picture encouraging it, now he’s going down too. It’s all so stupid it’s funny.
That’s some seriously small pecker energy to put your knee on a babies neck. Pinky pecker energy!