Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL to allow social justice decals on helmets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Story

"The NFL is planning to allow players to have decals on the back of their helmets bearing names or initials of victims of systemic racism and police violence.

The league has been in talks with individual players and their union since June about somehow honoring such victims. The initiative will be done leaguewide, with each team deciding who it will honor and how to display the names or initials....."

Discuss. And I figured it would end up in the politics section so I went ahead and saved the Mods the trouble.
Will any of them be wearing stickers representing black people killed by black people?
As long as it's something the players on each team vote on, yeah, let them honor what they want to honor. Not as if they're trying to honor Hitler or Robert E Lee or anything...
Boy O boy, that will sure make things better. Buuuuwwwaaaa!!
(07-22-2020, 05:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Will any of them be wearing stickers representing black people killed by black people?
You gonna join Ronster in the boycott?!
(07-22-2020, 05:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2020, 05:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Will any of them be wearing stickers representing black people killed by black people?
You gonna join Ronster in the boycott?!

I won't boycott,  I mean, it's hard to not watch SNF and MNF games, but my attention to Sunday afternoons will be a lot less and won't be must see TV for me anymore. 

Kids are getting into golf so Sundays will likely be for golf.
I think ESPN and the NBA are going to find out what happens when they try to push the sjw crap and a NBA game.

NFL will quickly make changes when the new TV deals are threatened.
(07-22-2020, 05:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Story

"The NFL is planning to allow players to have decals on the back of their helmets bearing names or initials of victims of systemic racism and police violence.

The league has been in talks with individual players and their union since June about somehow honoring such victims. The initiative will be done leaguewide, with each team deciding who it will honor and how to display the names or initials....."

Discuss. And I figured it would end up in the politics section so I went ahead and saved the Mods the trouble.

The NFL is pretty much killing their brand by succumbing to the "woke" culture, and more specifically getting themselves involved in politics.

Most people that I know want to watch a game for you know... the game.  They don't want to see political messages or hear political commentary.  They are slowly going the way of NASCAR and will soon be irrelevant.
(07-22-2020, 05:38 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2020, 05:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Story

The NFL is pretty much killing their brand by succumbing to the "woke" culture, and more specifically getting themselves involved in politics.

Most people that I know want to watch a game for you know... the game.  They don't want to see political messages or hear political commentary.  They are slowly going the way of NASCAR and will soon be irrelevant.
Bahahaha

Irrelevant just like after the Kaep situation? Or every other time someone predicted the demise of the NFL only to see ratings soar? 

Soon be irrelevant? Put a timeline on it instead of being so vague.
I have no problem because it reinforces the original message of all this social upheaval. I understand the pushback because people are tired of seeing the daily mayhem caused by the anarchist punks who hijacked the cause and created the divide. This is not that.
Maybe they could start here:

https://graphics.suntimes.com/homicides/
(07-22-2020, 06:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they could start here:

Black on Black crime doesn't count.
(07-22-2020, 07:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe they want to use the names of those who have been killed by police officers.
Football players need to just play football when game day comes around. Same for hockey, baseball and basketball. Whatever interests they want to pursue, reform, march on....do it off the field and out of the stadium/court/rink/field.

Folks tune in to watch a game, not to hear the talking heads go on and on about the social issues of the week are. They're the most annoying ones. They can't shut up and call a game.
(07-22-2020, 07:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Football players need to just play football when game day comes around. Same for hockey, baseball and basketball. Whatever interests they want to pursue, reform, march on....do it off the field and out of the stadium/court/rink/field.

Folks tune in to watch a game, not to hear the talking heads go on and on about the social issues of the week are. They're the most annoying ones. They can't shut up and call a game.

nobody is making you watch. Why are social issues triggering?
(07-22-2020, 07:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2020, 07:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Football players need to just play football when game day comes around. Same for hockey, baseball and basketball. Whatever interests they want to pursue, reform, march on....do it off the field and out of the stadium/court/rink/field.

nobody is making you watch. Why are social issues triggering?

Who said I was triggered? Just offering my point of view.
(07-22-2020, 05:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I have no problem because it reinforces the original message of all this social upheaval. I understand the pushback because people are tired of seeing the daily mayhem caused by the anarchist punks who hijacked the cause and created the divide. This is not that.

Wise words. I agree.
(07-22-2020, 07:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

The perpetrators aren't on our payroll, so most people don't care on the same level.
(07-22-2020, 07:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2020, 07:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]nobody is making you watch. Why are social issues triggering?

So they’re not going to play but instead just talk about social justice all game?

Just mute your TV during pre game or something. Once the game starts, it’ll just be about the game.

I didn’t like Booger McFarland so I just muted MNF. Pretty easy.
(07-22-2020, 07:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2020, 07:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]nobody is making you watch. Why are social issues triggering?

Sounded like you were quite annoyed by social issues being discussed. that would fall under the triggered remit
Pages: 1 2