Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This team just doesnt know how to win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are so used to losing that they expect it. We finally get the lead and then we turn into a high school team. Shad Khan better wake the hell up and fire Gus immediately.

I gotta say being a Jaguars fan is hard and tired of feeling like this after every game. Something needs to be done sooner rather than later. This team has a losing culture and needs to change.
#Jaguars lose, meanwhile the Vikings win without the starting RB or QB and Pats win with 3rd string QB, its called coaching folks
It's crazy how this scheme has been forced on these players.

Myles Jack

Jalen Ramsey

Telvin Smith

Marks

Jackson

Poz

Fowler

And your telling me were 0-3. It's crazy
Like I said in another thread Jack Del Rio is 2-1, and has the kahunas to win on a 2 point conversion.  Our coach settles for a one point lead with 2 minutes left.

On 4th and 1 we kicked a FG and made it...but I go for it there.

Sitting at 0-2, battling to keep my job. I go for it.
Quote:On 4th and 1 we kicked a FG and made it...but I go for it there.

Sitting at 0-2, battling to keep my job. I go for it.
Was thinking that as well..he plays scared, hence why he doesn't know how to win a damn game.
Quote:Was thinking that as well..he plays scared, hence why he doesn't know how to win a damn game.

Agreed
This team needs a big culture change.
The 3rd and 1 pass was terrible. You pound the ball with Ivory and try to get the tough yards. 4th and inches? QB Sneak. Every team would've converted that 3rd and 1, instead we throw in the towel to get 3 points.

Ultimately, the team will take on the personality of its coach. That's not good in our situation.
Quote:We are so used to losing that they expect it. We finally get the lead and then we turn into a high school team. Shad Khan better wake the hell up and fire Gus immediately.

I gotta say being a Jaguars fan is hard and tired of feeling like this after every game. Something needs to be done sooner rather than later. This team has a losing culture and needs to change.

An interesting take. In week one Gus had the team go for multiple fourth down conversions in the middle of the field. Paid off big time.

Seems he's gotten less interested in bold decisions as the season has worn on.
Gus said "we have to learn how to not lose before we learn how to win."

He sounds so dumb. I can't take it anymore.
Laugh all you want at Rex Ryan but his job was on the line this week and the Bills came out and smacked an elite Cardinals team.
Quote:Gus said "we have to learn how to not lose before we learn how to win."

He sounds so dumb. I can't take it anymore.
lol 39 losses, have they learned yet?
Quote:We are so used to losing that they expect it. We finally get the lead and then we turn into a high school team. Shad Khan better wake the hell up and fire Gus immediately.

It's like the Browns game.  They have an easy FG to win the game against the Dolphins, but you just know they're going to miss it because - they're the Browns.  And you know they're going to lose it in OT because - they're the Browns.  

Same with the Jaguars.  We have a losing attitude.  Losing is acceptable and there are no consequences for it.  
Quote:lol 39 losses, have they learned yet?

This.
I'll speed it up for ya Gus:

How To Not Lose- Score more points than the other team.

How To Win- See above.
All of the coaching staff and most of the players give off the feeling of being terrified to do anything.
Quote:All of the coaching staff and most of the players give off the feeling of being terrified to do anything.

This. Its like they played tight once we got the lead.