Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump Admin Recovers Taxpayer Cash from Obsolete Obama-Backed Solar Plant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trump Admin Recovers Taxpayer Cash from Obsolete Obama-Backed Solar Plant

The Department of Energy reached a settlement Thursday to recover $200 million in taxpayer funds from a loan the Obama administration distributed in 2011 to finance a $1 billion solar power plant that was deemed obsolete before it could officially go online.

https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-adm...E7tC6_UAPY
Not nearly as bad as a $767 million dollar loan to Kodak, which is essentially a startup company in the industry.
(07-31-2020, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Not nearly as bad as a $767 million dollar loan to Kodak, which is essentially a startup company in the industry.

I’m no fan of government involvement in private business but getting manufacturing back in America is a good thing.
(07-31-2020, 11:03 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2020, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Not nearly as bad as a $767 million dollar loan to Kodak, which is essentially a startup company in the industry.

I’m no fan of government involvement in private business but getting manufacturing back in America is a good thing.

Drug manufacturing and solar panel manufacturing.
(07-31-2020, 02:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2020, 11:03 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]I’m no fan of government involvement in private business but getting manufacturing back in America is a good thing.

Drug manufacturing and solar panel manufacturing.

Yeah, because both are equally important.

When I or a loved one gets sick, I hope I can find a solar panel made in America.
(08-02-2020, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2020, 02:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Drug manufacturing and solar panel manufacturing.

Yeah, because both are equally important.

When I or a loved one gets sick, I hope I can find a solar panel made in America.

Germany lost world War II mostly because of energy. They couldn't get access to developed oil fields. If they had managed to reach and control Baku, the entire war would have been different.
If God forbid, we ever have to go to war with China, we will not want to be relying on them for energy resources like solar panels.
(08-02-2020, 10:27 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2020, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, because both are equally important.

Germany lost world War II mostly because of energy. They couldn't get access to developed oil fields. If they had managed to reach and control Baku, the entire war would have been different.
If God forbid, we ever have to go to war with China, we will not want to be relying on them for energy resources like solar panels.

Wow, you're starting to sound like a Trumpette. Next you'll tell us that unrestricted illegal immigration is a threat to the American job market!
(08-02-2020, 10:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2020, 10:27 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Germany lost world War II mostly because of energy. They couldn't get access to developed oil fields. If they had managed to reach and control Baku, the entire war would have been different.

Wow, you're starting to sound like a Trumpette. Next you'll tell us that unrestricted illegal immigration is a threat to the American job market!

Except, promoting domestic production of solar panels was Obama's idea.

Illegal immigration, by its very name, is a threat to the rule of law. But in some cases, there isn't any good reason for it to be illegal. When times are good and unemployment is low, it should be easier for people to come here and work legally.