Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Original Uniform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been a Jags fan since their debut way back in 1995. I was disappointed when the team as confronted by the Jaguar car company, crying about how the teams logo is too similar to their logo, so the team was forced to change it. So instead of a silver helmet the team went with black an a different logo. As for their uniforms, I miss those debut designs. They were very sleek looking. But then they started tampering with designs and the team just went so plain and dull looking it was very sad. I don't like the current style either. The 2 shaded helmet design wasn't too appealing either. I'm glad the team went back to a all black helmet, and the new logo design.
I believe these were 1995 -- sweet !!

[Image: PH-304239954.jpg]

[Image: 1789732.0.jpg]
(08-13-2020, 01:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I believe these were 1995 -- sweet !!

[Image: PH-304239954.jpg]

[Image: 1789732.0.jpg]

To be clear these pics represent the uniforms circa 1997. 

These were not the onces referenced in the OP, nor were they the ones worn from 1995-1996.

Those did not have the black stripe down the side of the ribs, and they had a traditional block font, bot the rounded numerals displayed here.

These are the 1995-96 white uniforms...

[Image: jags-brunell.gif]

and this is the teal...

[Image: 51ww7ogX2HL._AC_SY445_.jpg]
All the 90s uniforms were the best the newer uniforms are trash. A good uniform has stripes on the sides of the pants bar none. Hate seeing the team in the newest tights. Looks like friggin ballerina tights. Nike or Reebok or whoever designs this modern uniforms needs to be sent packing.
(08-20-2020, 09:13 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]All the 90s uniforms were the best the newer uniforms are trash.  A good uniform has stripes on the sides of the pants bar none.  Hate seeing the team in the newest tights.  Looks like friggin ballerina tights.  Nike or Reebok or whoever designs this modern uniforms needs to be sent packing.

I couldn't agree more.
At least we have a stripe on the socks now.  But yeah, a stripe on the pants would be even better.
And not that barely-there curly stripe they tried in 2010...
(08-20-2020, 09:13 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]All the 90s uniforms were the best the newer uniforms are trash.  A good uniform has stripes on the sides of the pants bar none.  Hate seeing the team in the newest tights.  Looks like friggin ballerina tights.  Nike or Reebok or whoever designs this modern uniforms needs to be sent packing.

I did not care for the circa 2011 version.

The Bradley era uniforms weren't bad...just the helmets.

Had they chosen one helmet color-either all black or all gold, I would have been fine with them...though I hated those mustard color ones.
Lol .....

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(08-21-2020, 01:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Lol .....

Crazy how only 2 players from this picture are still on this team even though this wasn't long ago at all, will go down to 1 any day....
(08-21-2020, 01:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Lol .....

The current uniforms are probably the best set we've ever had since they first introduced the black pants in 2000. 
I would just add a white stripe on the black pants, and a black stripe on the white pants and teal pants.  If you let me change two things, I would change the sleeve and collar on the white jersey from Black to teal. But I would leave the numbers black. I wouldn't change anything about the teal jersey or the black Jersey
These?

[Image: EVLeBJhUEAA6-FZ?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Or These?

[Image: EVLeDkxUYAUX7L2?format=jpg&name=small]
(08-28-2020, 07:01 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: [ -> ]These?

[Image: EVLeBJhUEAA6-FZ?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Or These?

[Image: EVLeDkxUYAUX7L2?format=jpg&name=small]

Laughing I'm so glad we never took the field with those. 25 years later and I can't believe some guy with champs sports thought that a team could have both silver and gold as accent colors. Pick one, dude.
The teal ants never translated as well as I thought they might.

In fact, I hate them. I am also glad those original uniforms Weaver held up above never saw the light of day.