Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gunter retires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ugh that sucks.
Wondered if the Mauro signing was an indication of something coming up with Gunter. Didn’t think this though. Best wishes to him on getting the surgery and a safe healthy recovery.
I'm sorry to hear this news about his heart condition. It is definitely tough to have to give up his dream to protect his life. I wish him the best as he moves forward and with his health.
Our DL is taking some huge hits now. But his health is first and foremost. Hoping for the best for him!
Almost back to square one with the overhaul of the run defense... Hope we hear confirmation of the Jernigan signing tomorrow. The bright side is I still feel that big run-stuffing d linemen are easier to find than most other positions. Definitely a set back tho.
I wonder how this affects the cap with his guaranteed money
(08-16-2020, 10:08 PM)PAJag Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how this affects the cap with his guaranteed money
With retiring, the Jags have to move the money up. Not sure about medical and the fact he didn't make it to the season start. Maybe they can put him on the PUP or something similar.

The Jags should get paid back from insurance and potentially could get some of the money back depending on the contract.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Whelp, he’s stuck. If it doesn’t enlarge he won’t get the surgery but he’s still out of football. At least he got to do it for 5 years.
That’s a terrible thing for his football career, but the good news is that the condition was discovered. Better to know so it can be monitored and addressed than to keep working and die suddenly. I believe that’s how John Ritter died.
Best of luck to him.
Wash is making guys flat out retire instead of playing in his defense.

Players are making their arteries too large, saying they are scared of covid, etc. Next we will see the DL hosting a covid party to see who gets off the team next.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(08-17-2020, 07:27 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Wash is making guys flat out retire instead of playing in his defense.

Players are making their arteries too large, saying they are scared of covid, etc. Next we will see the DL hosting a covid party to see who gets off the team next.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

It is pretty weird to see all of the DL retire or opt out like this.

But we are in weird times at the moment.
I'm thinking there is still a possibility of getting Dareus if he us healthy
You gotta laugh.
(08-17-2020, 07:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking there is still a possibility of getting Dareus if he us healthy

I'm sure he really wants to play this season when he's been out so long, but maybe they'll throw more money at him than he's worth.
Now, Lynch has decided to retire as well. Our D-Linemen are dropping like flies. At this point, we may not have enough D-Linemen to field a team when the season starts.
(08-18-2020, 12:38 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Now, Lynch has decided to retire as well. Our D-Linemen are dropping like flies. At this point, we may not have enough D-Linemen to field a team when the season starts.

They’ve got the bodies they need.

They are just in a situation where rookies will need significant snaps unless they sign more rotational journeymen - and they have time to do that should they choose that route.
(08-17-2020, 07:27 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Wash is making guys flat out retire instead of playing in his defense.

Players would rather have heart disease then play for the Jags Sad
Pages: 1 2