Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: USPS/Mail-in Voting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like skeleton had called back the lazy hacks to get back to work. Any mention of getting hard working Americans a stimulus check or do we only care about the USPS right now?
(08-16-2020, 08:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like skeleton had called back the lazy hacks to get back to work. Any mention of getting hard working Americans a stimulus check or do we only care about the USPS right now?

The house already passed some big stimulus checks for all Americans, hard-working or not.
I agree with Republicans in the Senate that it was too generous, but the Republicans in the Senate just talked about a bill. They never actually passed anything.
(08-16-2020, 09:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2020, 08:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like skeleton had called back the lazy hacks to get back to work. Any mention of getting hard working Americans a stimulus check or do we only care about the USPS right now?

The house already passed some big stimulus checks for all Americans, hard-working or not.
I agree with Republicans in the Senate that it was too generous, but the Republicans in the Senate just talked about a bill. They never actually passed anything.

Yeah, I like my bills  with extra PORK.
(08-16-2020, 09:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2020, 09:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The house already passed some big stimulus checks for all Americans, hard-working or not.

Yeah, I like my bills  with extra PORK.

You missed the point.
the point is, if you want another coronavirus stimulus to pass, the Senate needs to come back in session, not the house.
LOL.  The sheep are showing up in person to protest against... voting in person.

At least the sheep were wearing masks.

You can't make this stuff up.   Laughing
I think I've finally figure out the solution to this:

Make a special stamp for universal mail-in voting. It's free. You have to pick it up at the post office, and they collect your name and address, just like you do at the ballot box. That's when you get your ballot, too. Then you have a record of who got their stamp, and all ballots need to be checked against who registered. You will notice if anything shady goes on that way.

Also, since it's Trump, it'd be hilarious if he used his face on the stamp.
The idiot left is protesting in person to protest voting in person.
(08-18-2020, 12:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]The idiot left is protesting in person to protest voting in person.

You do understand that mail-in voting offers a much higher degree of accessibility to all Americans, and that the pandemic isn't the only reason to have an expansive mail-in voting system established, right?
(08-18-2020, 01:52 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 12:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]The idiot left is protesting in person to protest voting in person.

You do understand that mail-in voting offers a much higher degree of accessibility to all Americans, and that the pandemic isn't the only reason to have an expansive mail-in voting system established, right?

You do understand that mail-in voting is simply a tactic the democrats are using to steal the election right?  Voting in person has never been a problem before, so why is it now?
I personally think the stimulus should come in the form of food credits.  I heard the food banks are in short supply so why not address necessities.
(08-18-2020, 02:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I personally think the stimulus should come in the form of food credits.  I heard the food banks are in short supply so why not address necessities.

I personally think that any "stimulus" should come in the form of suspending payroll taxes.
(08-18-2020, 03:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 02:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I personally think the stimulus should come in the form of food credits.  I heard the food banks are in short supply so why not address necessities.

I personally think that any "stimulus" should come in the form of suspending payroll taxes.

They are, but only for people earning 100K or less to my knowledge.
(08-18-2020, 04:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 03:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I personally think that any "stimulus" should come in the form of suspending payroll taxes.

They are, but only for people earning 100K or less to my knowledge.

It should apply to anyone working regardless of salary.  I have two different friends who own small businesses and can't hire anyone.  The "stimulus" happens to be more than some of these people would normally make.  Cut off the spigot (working people's taxes) and get these people that "make" money by not working back to work.
(08-18-2020, 05:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 04:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]They are, but only for people earning 100K or less to my knowledge.

It should apply to anyone working regardless of salary.  I have two different friends who own small businesses and can't hire anyone.  The "stimulus" happens to be more than some of these people would normally make.  Cut off the spigot (working people's taxes) and get these people that "make" money by not working back to work.

Completely agree. Those that our government has deemed "high wage earners" have gotten hosed this entire pandemic.

Not to mention, those who may have become "high wage earners" being landlords are getting double hosed.
(08-18-2020, 04:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]They are, but only for people earning 100K or less to my knowledge.

How does a payroll tax cut help Bob the Bartender who isn't allowed to work?
Voted today in person. No problem o.
(08-18-2020, 05:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 05:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]It should apply to anyone working regardless of salary.  I have two different friends who own small businesses and can't hire anyone.  The "stimulus" happens to be more than some of these people would normally make.  Cut off the spigot (working people's taxes) and get these people that "make" money by not working back to work.

How does a payroll tax cut help Bob the Bartender who isn't allowed to work?

There is plenty of other work that "Bob the bartender" can do that is available.  It might not be for the same wage that "Bob" made as a bartender, but it's earned money rather than a hand out.  As a bonus, payroll taxes would not be taken away from him as well.

In my opinion, ALL businesses should be allowed to open up.  If democrats are too scared to go to such businesses they don't have to.  They can drive (with their government mandated) mask on in their car to the "essential" places that they need to go... you know, WalMart, Target, etc.

Maybe your friends shouldn't pay such low wages and/or poor conditions/security.
(08-18-2020, 03:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

That type of tax cut was part of the ARRA stimulus that Obama enacted.  Both parties thought it would be effective, but it was not very effective. The part of ARRA that worked the best was where they were able to prevent States and local governments from laying people off.
Anyhow, that experience is why both parties in Congress disagree with you about this. Neither party included a payroll tax cut as part of their proposal.
(08-18-2020, 05:52 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 05:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]How does a payroll tax cut help Bob the Bartender who isn't allowed to work?

There is plenty of other work that "Bob the bartender" can do that is available.  It might not be for the same wage that "Bob" made as a bartender, but it's earned money rather than a hand out.  As a bonus, payroll taxes would not be taken away from him as well.

In my opinion, ALL businesses should be allowed to open up.  If democrats are too scared to go to such businesses they don't have to.  They can drive (with their government mandated) mask on in their car to the "essential" places that they need to go... you know, WalMart, Target, etc.

The idea that there's all this work out there that's available is a myth. Even "Essential" industries like my own enacted hiring freezes in April to deal with the pandemic fallout. Huge employers like Disney are only at 40% of their normal workforce. Construction projects all over have been stalled or canceled. Even grocery stores require fewer workers because the stores are on reduced hours. 10% unemployment isn't because people don't want to work, there's no work for them to do until we open back up. A payroll tax cut doesn't fix that problem in any way.