Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Democratic National Convention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anybody watching this thing?  Quite honestly, I have no interest in watching either convention.
I'll watch the highlights.
(08-18-2020, 12:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I'll watch the highlights.

What are you going to do with the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day
(08-18-2020, 11:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody watching this thing?  Quite honestly, I have no interest in watching either convention.

These are your people.

I imagine you have had the Obama pre-recorded speech from 2 weeks ago on loop all day getting more excited every time, no?
(08-18-2020, 11:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody watching this thing?  Quite honestly, I have no interest in watching either convention.

Same here. It’s like watching a 3-day-long infomercial.
My wife was going to tune in, but when she found out I wasn't interested, she decided to put investigation discovery back on.
Nice of her to try to put something on she thought I would like, though.
I'm perfectly content reading about it the next day if there are any surprises.
(08-18-2020, 01:52 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]My wife was going to tune in, but when she found out I wasn't interested, she decided to put investigation discovery back on.

That's my weekend hangover medicine.  ID, Forensic Files, etc.

(08-18-2020, 12:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

These are your people.

I imagine you have had the Obama pre-recorded speech from 2 weeks ago on loop all day getting more excited every time, no?

Did someone say Obama?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iqg31xuwbcoeqm1pd5...=giphy.gif]
(08-18-2020, 01:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Same here. It’s like watching a 3-day-long infomercial.

From the few clips that I have seen it was pretty much a "Trump bad" thing.  Nothing about Biden or policy except Mikesez's hero Bernie Sanders saying that everything should be free and paid for by the evil billionaires and corporations.

It's pretty apparent that there is no excitement within the democrat party.  They are hiding their candidate as much as possible and do nothing but attack our current President.
Buuuwhaaahaa Laughing Laughing Imagine that, An Obama without the facts.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/michelle-o...kids-cages

Quote:“Trump used facilities that were built during the Obama-Biden administration to house children at the border."
— Associated Press
(08-18-2020, 03:38 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Buuuwhaaahaa Laughing Laughing Imagine that, An Obama without the facts.

Quote:“Trump used facilities that were built during the Obama-Biden administration to house children at the border."
— Associated Press

Children ended up in those cages, without their parents, while Obama was President.
But only if they arrived without their parents.
Obama kept families together if they arrived together.
Trump made it a rule to separate them.
(08-18-2020, 03:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 03:38 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Buuuwhaaahaa Laughing Laughing Imagine that, An Obama without the facts.

Children ended up in those cages, without their parents, while Obama was President.
...and? Children are separated from criminals all over the world. As it should be. In many cases the parents of those children by dragging them through the desert endangered the lives of those children.

Point being is that Trump simply used the existing facilities that were built during Obama's watch and got slammed for "CAGES".
(08-18-2020, 03:50 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 03:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Children ended up in those cages, without their parents, while Obama was President.
...and? Children are separated from criminals all over the world. As it should be. In many cases the parents of those children by dragging them through the desert endangered the lives of those children.

Point being is that Trump simply used the existing facilities that were built during Obama's watch and got slammed for "CAGES".

No he got slammed for taking infants away from their parents, and rightfully so.
A mother holding her child while sitting on a concrete floor behind a chain link fence is sad.
A bunch of 3 and 4 year olds in that same cage, who were torn out of their parents arms, by officers collecting US government salaries, is criminal.  Morally reprehensible. Not just sad.
(08-18-2020, 04:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 03:50 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]...and? Children are separated from criminals all over the world. As it should be. In many cases the parents of those children by dragging them through the desert endangered the lives of those children.

No he got slammed for taking infants away from their parents, and rightfully so.
A mother holding her child while sitting on a concrete floor behind a chain link fence is sad.
A bunch of 3 and 4 year olds in that same cage, who were torn out of their parents arms, by officers collecting US government salaries, is criminal.  Morally reprehensible. Not just sad.

For one what you are saying happened is false.  Two, ANY adult under arrest for breaking the law is going to have ANY child taken away from them.  We are talking about CRIMINALS that broke federal law.  They should get no special treatment.
(08-18-2020, 04:29 PM)mmikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 03:50 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]...and? Children are separated from criminals all over the world. As it should be. In many cases the parents of those children by dragging them through the desert endangered the lives of those children.

I agree that the images you mention are sad but maybe you should blame the irresponsible criminal mothers and fathers for putting themselves in those positions.

Back to the DNC, tv ratings at a .3 for 18-49.
(08-18-2020, 04:38 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 04:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]No he got slammed for taking infants away from their parents, and rightfully so.

For one what you are saying happened is false.  Two, ANY adult under arrest for breaking the law is going to have ANY child taken away from them.  We are talking about CRIMINALS that broke federal law.  They should get no special treatment.

One, what is false about the story I told? It happened hundreds of times. True as the sunrise.

Two, this country has detained immigrants for over a hundred years. It wasn't until 2017 that we ever, once separated an immigrant child from his parents, without any specific suspicion of those parents being violent, or drug offenders.
technically illegal immigration is by definition an illegal act, but different illegal acts have different consequences.
(08-18-2020, 06:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 04:38 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]For one what you are saying happened is false.  Two, ANY adult under arrest for breaking the law is going to have ANY child taken away from them.  We are talking about CRIMINALS that broke federal law.  They should get no special treatment.

One, what is false about the story I told? It happened hundreds of times. True as the sunrise.

Two, this country has detained immigrants for over a hundred years. It wasn't until 2017 that we ever, once separated an immigrant child from his parents, without any specific suspicion of those parents being violent, or drug offenders.
technically illegal immigration is by definition an illegal act, but different illegal acts have different consequences.

One 3 and 4 year olds weren't "torn out of their parent's arms".  Even if that did happen, it would happen to any criminal who is a LEGAL citizen of this country.

Two, immigrant illegal aliens have always had their children separated from them.  It was just never in the "public eye" until recently.  I saw this happen in the 80's when I was in law enforcement and it still happens today.

Three, illegal immigration is an illegal act.  It's breaking the law and law breakers are treated the same.

Face it.  The "children in cages" lie that your democrat party parrots is false.
(08-18-2020, 04:44 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 04:29 PM)mmikesez Wrote: [ -> ]No he got slammed for taking infants away from their parents, and rightfully so.
I agree that the images you mention are sad but maybe you should blame the irresponsible criminal mothers and fathers for putting themselves in those positions.

Back to the DNC, tv ratings at a .3 for 18-49.

Seriously? Lol
(08-18-2020, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 06:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]One, what is false about the story I told? It happened hundreds of times. True as the sunrise.

One 3 and 4 year olds weren't "torn out of their parent's arms".  Even if that did happen, it would happen to any criminal who is a LEGAL citizen of this country.

Two, immigrant illegal aliens have always had their children separated from them.  It was just never in the "public eye" until recently.  I saw this happen in the 80's when I was in law enforcement and it still happens today.

Three, illegal immigration is an illegal act.  It's breaking the law and law breakers are treated the same.

Face it.  The "children in cages" lie that your democrat party parrots is false.

Amazing.  Everything you just said was wrong.
(08-18-2020, 06:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 06:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]One 3 and 4 year olds weren't "torn out of their parent's arms".  Even if that did happen, it would happen to any criminal who is a LEGAL citizen of this country.

Amazing.  Everything you just said was wrong.

Drawing on your years of personal experience working at the border are we?
(08-18-2020, 07:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 06:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing.  Everything you just said was wrong.

Drawing on your years of personal experience working at the border are we?

Common sense. I don't doubt that JIB had to take a parent away from a child once or twice. However, I am sure that it was incidental to his job, and I'm sure he was just trying to detain a parent for a specific violent crime, and I'm sure the kid was brought to a family member as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 2 3