Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Doug Marrone and Run Blocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Run blocking has been all but non existent since he took over the O-Line. I don't understand how some people can champion him as a potential head coaching replacement when he can't even get his own unit to function.
We don't have a good offensive line is part of the issue. The players are not there. We don't have a recognizable name across the entire front.  

Quote:Run blocking has been all but non existent since he took over the O-Line. I don't understand how some people can champion him as a potential head coaching replacement when he can't even get his own unit to function.
I've been wondering the same. A true head coaching candidate takes a bunch of average players and makes them better than the sum of their part. Marrone destroyed the locker room in Buffalo, and the line has gotten progressively worse (aside from Linder) since his arrival.

Just hire the female coach from Buffalo to take over for the rest of the year. At least the media attention won't be focused on how awful we are.
Remember when the 2 yd run call was only for Gerhart?
The run game das been atrocious like the whole offense
Its still the same scheme that hasnt worked in 4 years now. Almost like Gus refuses to let different coaches deviate from The Process.
Quote:Its still the same scheme that hasnt worked in 4 years now. Almost like Gus refuses to let different coaches deviate from The Process.

Same thing with the D. "Who cares what personnel we have? Let's run this system I like."
I agree and that's what I kept saying about the running game: never understood why most people thought Ivory would have changed the running game as if TJ was doing bad. Both are always hit in the backfield and there are no holes to hit, it's not the RBs fault, it's the OLine who can't block at all.

And Marrone in 2 years hasn't improved that one bit.

I miss having a fullback. Greg Jones was a running game all of himself.

He's a better HC than o line coach. The o line personnel just sucks. Marrone deserves a SHOT at HC as interim to see if he can have a winning record and then a new permanent guy if not.
Quote:He's a better HC than o line coach. The o line personnel just sucks. Marrone deserves a SHOT at HC as interim to see if he can have a winning record and then a new permanent guy if not.

How about we fire Gus and send Marrone on with him instead.
Quote:How about we fire Gus and send Marrone on with him instead.
 and Olson & Wash along with them....maybe Khan has another van like he just donated to send them some where far far away.