Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Vegas Odds - over/under drops to 4.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/win-totals/

Need to root for Washington & Cinci this year
Give me the over all day long.
All we need is for the Rams and Vikings to fall apart.
I think after the shock value has worn off, I kind of understand the move a little more. Now, how they did it, is still very messed up. This damn team has a bad history with doing guys dirty just before the season.

I'd still take the over on 4.5, but by that I mean 6 wins is probably what we get. Until I see the production these coaches are claiming they are seeing in underwear practices on Sundays, I'm a little skeptical.
Taking the under is almost like stealing. With the departures of Yannick and Fournette, I only see 3 games in which they are capable of winning- home against Miami and Detroit and on the road at Cincinnati. With the Jaguars' luck, they will finish 3-13 and miss out on the first draft pick to someone like the Bengals or Jets.
(08-31-2020, 01:45 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Give me the over all day long.

I will take that bet.  This is a 2-3 win team.  There is lack of talent all over the field.
(08-31-2020, 02:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]

I will take that bet.  This is a 2-3 win team.  There is lack of talent all over the field.

Not according to Doug. 
[Image: 118579570_10220783783975950_623340859049...e=5F72A148]
(08-31-2020, 01:49 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]I think after the shock value has worn off, I kind of understand the move a little more. Now, how they did it, is still very messed up. This damn team has a bad history with doing guys dirty just before the season.

I'd still take the over on 4.5, but by that I mean 6 wins is probably what we get. Until I see the production these coaches are claiming they are seeing in underwear practices on Sundays, I'm a little skeptical.

I with you on 6 wins.  I think the whole abnormality of a weird COVID season may hurt some of the better teams and help the weaker ones.  Sort of a "regression to the mean" type of season.
(08-31-2020, 02:53 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]

Well.. go put your money on the under then dude. Go bet AGAINST your jags and hope they lose games all season lulz
(08-31-2020, 01:47 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]All we need is for the Rams and Vikings to fall apart.

We need the Vikings to win the Super Bowl and Yan to make the pro bowl to get a better conditional pick
(08-31-2020, 04:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020, 01:47 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]All we need is for the Rams and Vikings to fall apart.

We need the Vikings to win the Super Bowl and Yan to make the pro bowl to get a better conditional pick

I'd rather them lose every game than them win the SB and get the 1st pick in the 2nd round than the last pick in the 2nd
(08-31-2020, 09:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020, 04:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]We need the Vikings to win the Super Bowl and Yan to make the pro bowl to get a better conditional pick

I'd rather them lose every game than them win the SB and get the 1st pick in the 2nd round than the last pick in the 2nd

Yep. Getting a low 2nd and low 3rd isn't as good as a high 2nd and a high 4th (assuming Yan makes pro bowl, which barring injury, I think he will)

The better the 2nd round pick, the better. That top of round 2 is prime spot for "1st round talent" that slides out due to injury or character concerns or some team or teams doing weird stuff in round 1.
(08-31-2020, 09:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020, 04:16 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]We need the Vikings to win the Super Bowl and Yan to make the pro bowl to get a better conditional pick

Wow, I hadn't thought of that, but on reflection, it seems pretty obvious.   The 33rd overall pick plus the 1st pick in 5th round is worth a lot more than the 64th overall pick plus the last pick in the 3rd round.  By a lot.

So I guess the best overall scenario would be for them to lose every game but for Yan to make the Pro Bowl.
(09-01-2020, 01:01 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020, 09:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather them lose every game than them win the SB and get the 1st pick in the 2nd round than the last pick in the 2nd

Wow, I hadn't thought of that, but on reflection, it seems pretty obvious.   The 33rd overall pick plus the 1st pick in 5th round is worth a lot more than the 64th overall pick plus the last pick in the 3rd round.  By a lot.

So I guess the best overall scenario would be for them to lose every game but for Yan to make the Pro Bowl.

Jags win the SB, the Rams lose every game and we get the first pick in round 1, and Vikings win one game and we get the 2nd pick in round 2, and Yan makes the Pro Bowl so we get the 4th