Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Respect the Tough and Appropriate Decisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I understand fans can be emotional and become overly attached to players, but I for one am glad to see the Jags take a stand and do what they need to do to set the stage for a championship run. Ngakoue and Fournette were fan favorites, and I can understand why. With that said, its out with the old, and in with the new. While Caldwell has missed a time (no one bats 100%) or two,  one cannot deny that the depth that we have at defensive end and running back allows us to not only make these moves, but make them with a great deal of confidence. As long as Minshew stays healthy, there simply will not be a reason to ever run the ball, which eliminates the need for Fournette.  As for defensive end, K'Lavon Chaisson is listed at both D End and Linebacker on the depth chart, and I think it's better to play position less football and not just pigeon hole defensive players into one spot.

I'm surprised by the negativity surrounding the team this season.  Marrone can finally coach without two hands tied behind his back. It had to be incredibly annoying to have Coughlin over ruling every offensive and defensive play call, and now Marrone can coach freely and with a great deal of enthusiasm. 

I'm glad those two guys are gone. I wish them well, but I am glad they are gone. If Caldwell and Marrone don't think they are good enough to be on the team, who are we to criticize?
The negativity is our schtick now as Jaguars' fans. It gives us an identity and is something to amuse ourselves during the season. It enables us to build emotional padding for when things go wrong. Mostly they go wrong so it's probably understandable. On to the draft!
(08-31-2020, 06:05 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]The negativity is our schtick now as Jaguars' fans. It gives us an identity and is something to amuse ourselves during the season. It enables us to build emotional padding for when things go wrong. Mostly they go wrong so it's probably understandable. On to the draft!

Im sorry but I just don't see it that way. I spent several hours reviewing and comparing rosters today, and if we can stay injury free, we have a legitimate chance.
(08-31-2020, 06:06 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020, 06:05 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]The negativity is our schtick now as Jaguars' fans. It gives us an identity and is something to amuse ourselves during the season. It enables us to build emotional padding for when things go wrong. Mostly they go wrong so it's probably understandable. On to the draft!

Im sorry but I just don't see it that way. I spent several hours reviewing and comparing rosters today, and if we can stay injury free, we have a legitimate chance.

I respect your positivity. I'm trying to fight my own feelings of optimism every time I see video of The 'Shew. But then I see our DL starting lineup and realize it may be for naught.
(08-31-2020, 05:54 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ] As for defensive end, K'Lavon Chaisson is listed at both D End and Linebacker on the depth chart, and I think it's better to play position less football and not just pigeon hole defensive players into one spot.

The problem with being listed at D End and Linebacker, we will likely only use 10 players on D, thinking he officially counts as 2 positions when he is in the game.
Omaha you are not the hero we need, but you definitely are the hero we deserve.
(08-31-2020, 06:17 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]Omaha you are not the hero we need, but you definitely are the hero we deserve.

Haha well put.
Unreal people are upset on 3 td guy that can't break a tackle.
(08-31-2020, 06:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020, 05:54 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ] As for defensive end, K'Lavon Chaisson is listed at both D End and Linebacker on the depth chart, and I think it's better to play position less football and not just pigeon hole defensive players into one spot.

The problem with being listed at D End and Linebacker, we will likely only use 10 players on D, thinking he officially counts as 2 positions when he is in the game.

#becausejaguars
(08-31-2020, 06:24 PM)uthill Wrote: [ -> ]Unreal people are upset on 3 td guy that can't break a tackle.

because we have nothing better?
Come on he had horrible vision. He was being out performed in camp by other RBs. And it is possible he could not learn or understand Grudens offense. Remember BB5 had to tell him in the huddle what his job was each play call. Now if we can just get rid of the Moron head coach we got.
We will have a playbook written for Minshew this year instead using the one for Foles. I can't remember where I saw a video recently breaking down it down but Minshew will be using more option plays. He has the arm and field vision to successfully leverage it. But will the O line be there for him to pull it off? That's the question.
No matter what type of excuses yall try to make for the idiots in the front office. If we had the same GM since 2013 and only has 1 winning season, then you get rid of everyone from that winning season, the owner should get rid of the GM as well and start completely over. A Complete fresh start. We have only been that close to winning the super 2 times in our existence and them getting rid of all our talent, if feel like we are getting ready for championship run? A lot of yall fans are in denial.
(08-31-2020, 05:54 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I understand fans can be emotional and become overly attached to players, but I for one am glad to see the Jags take a stand and do what they need to do to set the stage for a championship run. Ngakoue and Fournette were fan favorites, and I can understand why. With that said, its out with the old, and in with the new. While Caldwell has missed a time (no one bats 100%) or two,  one cannot deny that the depth that we have at defensive end and running back allows us to not only make these moves, but make them with a great deal of confidence. As long as Minshew stays healthy, there simply will not be a reason to ever run the ball, which eliminates the need for Fournette.  As for defensive end, K'Lavon Chaisson is listed at both D End and Linebacker on the depth chart, and I think it's better to play position less football and not just pigeon hole defensive players into one spot.

I'm surprised by the negativity surrounding the team this season.  Marrone can finally coach without two hands tied behind his back. It had to be incredibly annoying to have Coughlin over ruling every offensive and defensive play call, and now Marrone can coach freely and with a great deal of enthusiasm. 

I'm glad those two guys are gone. I wish them well, but I am glad they are gone. If Caldwell and Marrone don't think they are good enough to be on the team, who are we to criticize?

Surprised about the negativity?  Other than catching lightening in a bottle for about 8 weeks in one season, this team has been in the toilet for a decade.  Either choosing bad players or those with poor character (GM) or building a bad culture with terrible X's and O's (coaching), we cannot seem to have our best players want to stay here.  Something has got to change.  Its making me want the JDR years back.  And THAT is saying something....
It ia good to see different posts with optimism but I am far from optimistic. The team is putting everything on a 2nd year QB to see what he can do. Sadly the misery of losing is highly likely to continue. We are probably all going to get rewarded with a 2021 season with the same people making the picks and extwndeing the losing in perpetuity. Until it changes it is more of the same.
As another Jags fan in Omaha, I’ll just be happy to see some NFL football again. I think Ozigbo can step into a bigger role with some success, but I am pretty skeptical about the overall talent of the roster as is. I have a feeling Minshew will be close to leading the league in pass attempts.
As usual your analysis is spot on Omaha. However, there is some spots that are less on than others. In our quest for the Ponce De Leon cup we have neglected to account for our common opponents the bucs and dolphins. Both have strongly stolen from the patriots teams and we all know that the only thing that can beat the pats is Coughlin. Sadly we have already given up the golden goose in year when De Leon was in our sights. How short sighted indeed. If only we had fired the regional director of PR, embrasses our London fan base and stayed the course. Alas we will never know.
(08-31-2020, 06:24 PM)uthill Wrote: [ -> ]Unreal people are upset on 3 td guy that can't break a tackle.

uh, ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeODXCtrWqM

Only upset now that Jags cut him.
Last season they were all "cut this man!"

Not sure if it is our fans or just the internet collecting the worst of the worst people. Perhaps it is a combination of both.
(09-01-2020, 12:33 AM)CampArm Wrote: [ -> ]As another Jags fan in Omaha, I’ll just be happy to see some NFL football again.  I think Ozigbo can step into a bigger role with some success, but I am pretty skeptical about the overall talent of the roster as is.  I have a feeling Minshew will be close to leading the league in pass attempts.

If you are interested in attending our weekly Jags parties, please come to the Redeye Tavern on game days.

We will be the group by the Keno machine in Jags jerseys. We also sing lots of songs and have lots of different chants. We are not hard to miss.

Hopefully you will join us.
Pages: 1 2