Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 6 Interceptions in 3 games...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bortles has regressed.

I agree, I think last year was a fluke, his motion has gotten worse, decision making is not there, he just sits in the pocket and does nothing. Runs into sacks, erratic balls. I think its time to consider QB again in the draft.

He played horrible in the 1st and 4th quarters, and pretty good in the 2nd and 3rd. Damn he's inconsistent. And that last drive was horrible.
Same player i saw at ucf. Not a franchise qb
Quote:I agree, I think last year was a fluke, his motion has gotten worse, decision making is not there, he just sits in the pocket and does nothing. Runs into sacks, erratic balls. I think its time to consider QB again in the draft.

The next regime certainly could.

I know Dave has made some good picks, but the Gus Bus might just drag him down, too.
He made a mistake in the offseason on only focusing on the system instead of his mechanics

It's not just the interceptions. He really doesn't play smart at all, bad decisions so often (and with this I also mean the sacks he takes instead of throwing the ball away). That's what worries the most.

Well the last was desperation and the 2nd was tipped. Think it really shows how much we rely on him due to no running game

Gus Braldey is a turd. 

Quote:He made a mistake in the offseason on only focusing on the system instead of his mechanics

You do realize he worked with Tom House this offseason.
Quote:It's not just the interceptions. He really doesn't play smart at all, bad decisions so often (and with this I also mean the sacks he takes instead of throwing the ball away). That's what worries the most.
Taking a sack isn't the end of the world but it's not good. Interceptions kill teams.  That loss was on Bortles. People can blame Fowler all they want but he made up for his bonehead play (and it's his first year in the league).

Bortles is a third year player and he looks like a rookie out there. 
BBINT  :thanks:

Everything is terrible.

Quote:You do realize he worked with Tom House this offseason.
oh really? I thought he stayed to primarily work with the Allens.

He clearly didn't learn anything then
Quote:Well the last was desperation and the 2nd was tipped. Think it really shows how much we rely on him due to no running game

Shh don't use reason. It's time to turn on Bortles and cut him remember ?
He has 0 awareness
Yep........I don't think we're there yet, but am still wondering if we're witnessing Christian Ponder 2.0 here...........

Quote:I agree, I think last year was a fluke, his motion has gotten worse, decision making is not there, he just sits in the pocket and does nothing. Runs into sacks, erratic balls. I think its time to consider QB again in the draft.
This is something I've noticed.  Dude throws like tebow now.  He drops the ball down below his hip.
He doesn't have the brain to be a good QB in the league. His ceiling is probably Jay Cutler
Quote:Taking a sack isn't the end of the world but it's not good. Interceptions kill teams.  That loss was on Bortles. People can blame Fowler all they want but he made up for his bonehead play (and it's his first year in the league).

Bortles is a third year player and he looks like a rookie out there. 
I agree on everything and I wasn't diminishing the INTS.

But even with those we could have won it today, taking  a sack that brings you back 10 yards for the final FG and then on the final drive isn't good. He just doesn't play smart all around, he constantly makes bad decisions and that lead to INTs as well of course. 

He was terrible last week and terrible again today, even more so today as the defense stepped up.  
Pages: 1 2