Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I guess we see why Fournette was cut...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This guy has better vision, patience, and tackle breaking.
that dude is electric out of the hole, and that JUMP!? Holy crap!
Coaching staff chose a gem there so far.
that was the play of the game for me.
I'm concerned that he tailed off in the second half. We didn't hold the ball much and the Colts seemed to shut the run down. Glad we won, but the second half looked more like last year's running game.
Fournette would have lowered his shoulder right into two guys on that hurdle play
(09-13-2020, 04:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I'm concerned that he tailed off in the second half. We didn't hold the ball much and the Colts seemed to shut the run down. Glad we won, but the second half looked more like last year's running game.

Second, but in reality I think he had a lot less room to run.  When he had a crease I think he took it.  Good start for the rook.
Fournette would have been no better in the second half. Colts run d really tightened up.
(09-13-2020, 04:22 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2020, 04:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I'm concerned that he tailed off in the second half. We didn't hold the ball much and the Colts seemed to shut the run down. Glad we won, but the second half looked more like last year's running game.

Second, but in reality I think he had a lot less room to run.  When he had a crease I think he took it.  Good start for the rook.

Agreed. Indy definitely seemed to focus on shutting down those lanes. He still found positive yardage most of the time and looked good. If anything, it wasn't a loss in production going to Robinson from Fournette
I'm not concerned with the 2nd half production, the hurdle play was terrific! The colts started keying on him more which left more plays open downfield (see the Cole TD for example) this kid is a diamond in the rough, props to the coaching staff for making the gutsy call to roll with him!
(09-13-2020, 04:24 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2020, 04:22 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]Second, but in reality I think he had a lot less room to run.  When he had a crease I think he took it.  Good start for the rook.

Agreed. Indy definitely seemed to focus on shutting down those lanes. He still found positive yardage most of the time and looked good. If anything, it wasn't a loss in production going to Robinson from Fournette

I'm glad he's here and Fournette is gone, JR runs the way LF was supposed to run.
The colts were keying on him in the second half that was a show of healthy fear
JR seems like he has much better vision... can actually spot a hole...

and that jump.. friggen beast mode..

dude has a serious look on his face the whole game too. hope he continues to impress.

seriously amazing game today, good job Jaguars..
For the first time in his life Minshew really has a RB that will find an open lane and break a tackle.
(09-13-2020, 04:10 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool

https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1...9019949056

That'll make a grown man cry it was so awesome.
Jags were getting too predictable running him on first down in the second half.
(09-13-2020, 04:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]The colts were keying on him in the second half that was a show of healthy fear
There really wasn't opportunities in the 2nd half with the playcalling, less possession time, and the run game opening the passing up.

I still think the Jags could have run if they tried, but they really didn't even need to

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Minshew - "I have a running back for the first time" (not really but he should)
Fournette was a jerk and a dinosaur of a RB. Good riddance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4