Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Remember when bortles was a franchise QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
that ship sure sailed fast huh?

Hes the same QB he was in 2014, bad mechanics, bad decisions, he isnt good. all those garbage time stats from last year lookin real irrelevant now.
I'm not ready to give up on him yet.  He's got a long ways to go, but I think he can overcome his problems.  

Just needs a good coach, something we haven't had since TC left town.  

Quote:I'm not ready to give up on him yet.  He's got a long ways to go, but I think he can overcome his problems.  

Me too.

He looks like he's on cruise control half the time, like he really isn't giving his full effort.  It makes me question whether he's just sick of this garbage/coaching and gets lax at times.  Losing all the time and looking like [BLEEP] as a team week after week has to wear on a competitive guy like Bortles.

I'm not saying that's what is really happening and maybe he is regressing but I don't believe it.  He has made some good throws today and his throwing motion looks fine at times then other plays it looks like crap and he throws a crap pass.  

I think Blake will be just fine when we get different coaching here.
Quote:Me too.

He looks like he's on cruise control half the time, like he really isn't giving his full effort. It makes me question whether he's just sick of this garbage/coaching and gets lax at times. Losing all the time and looking like [BAD WORD REMOVED] as a team week after week has to wear on a competitive guy like Bortles.

I'm not saying that's what is really happening and maybe he is regressing but I don't believe it. He has made some good throws today and his throwing motion looks fine at times then other plays it looks like crap and he throws a crap pass.

I think Blake will be just fine when we get different coaching here.

If this is true, (which I don't believe it to be) that's not a good look for a franchise QB.
Like, totally... fer sure... That Gus Bradley just doesn't know how to coach up a Quarterback.... :whistling:

Quote:If this is true, (which I don't believe it to be) that's not a good look for a franchise QB.

The real point I'm trying to make is better coaching makes a lot of these issues go away.

He has to be sick of Gus and this "we believe in victory! Opportoonies!" nonsense.  Bortles is still very young and immaturity happens.  But he's a winner, he's a competitor and this team rarely wins or competes.  

Blake is the least of my concerns with this team.
Quote:Like, totally... fer sure... That Gus Bradley just doesn't know how to coach up a Quarterback.... :whistling:

It runs a lot deeper than just Bradley.
Quote:Just needs a good coach, something we haven't had since TC left town.

That wind up though
Quote:that ship sure sailed fast huh?

Hes the same QB he was in 2014, bad mechanics, bad decisions, he isnt good. all those garbage time stats from last year lookin real irrelevant now.
Couldn't wait to scamper to make a bortles hate thread huh?
Quote:That wind up though

At times it does look bad but it hasn't been that way on every throw today...
Quote:Couldn't wait to scamper to make a bortles hate thread huh?
The last one i made got locked for no reason so i thought this was a perfect opportunity to get a new one going
he still is

he doesn't want to play for this pitiful coach

If what we are seeing is his ceiling, then we need a top 10 D and top 10 running game to get into the playoffs (with a different HC of course).

Blake sucks. 

Still the best QB in the division

Did he run to the locker room before the game was over? Yikes.
Blake has played horrible

but these bad play calls to our HB's havent helped either. 

We are a pitiful team

Bortles is trash bag. He is too dumb to be one.
He had one bad interception. The second one wasn't his fault. The third one was desperation time. But that's ok blame the offensive line and horrific run game on Bortles
Pages: 1 2