Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our TE..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eifert and O’Shaughnessy combined for 7 receptions and 76 yards and 1 TD.

Eifert’s TD was a thing of beauty. O’Shaughnessy picked up a key first down on the Cole TD drive. Also Cole has been a breath of fresh air. 

Just wanted to give a shout out to the TE’s.
Oshaun was showing flashes before he got hurt last season and if Eiffert can stay healthy he'll have a great season. It's looking good.
(09-21-2020, 12:07 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Oshaun was showing flashes before he got hurt last season and if Eiffert can stay healthy he'll have a great season. It's looking good.

He looked pretty healthy out there today. Nice to have some stability at TE.
I'm seeing improved TE play for sure. We all knew Eifert and O'Shaughnessy were good players though. It's just a matter if they can stay healthy. If they can, we are set at the position. If they can't, we will need to address it in the draft.
Since Minshew seems to thrive in having multiple targets, especially TE, having two solid guys at that position is nice

Now if they can stay healthy....
Josh Oliver would’ve been the cherry on the top. Guess we’ll have to wait until next year to see the groups full potential.
Josh McDaniel just called Jay Gruden asking for his playbook back.
I was very excited for the Eifert signing, he's a top 5 TE in the NFL if he can stay healthy which he's only done once in his career for a full season.
There hasnt been a quality TE since the late 90s (Brady). Granted he was a road-grader blocker, Pete Mitchell was good. The TE from Denver sucked.
(09-21-2020, 01:44 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]There hasnt been a quality TE since the late 90s (Brady).  Granted he was a road-grader blocker, Pete Mitchell was good.  The TE from Denver sucked.

Marcedes Lewis?  1st round pick and Pro Bowler?  He was less effective after Garrard moved on, but he could block and catch.  I liked him.
Lewis was trash.
(09-21-2020, 02:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Lewis was trash.

I appreciate your deep and meaningful assessment.  But a 14-year NFL career as a first rounder with Pro Bowl and All-Pro accolades tells a slightly different story than yours.  Thanks for participating though.
I like our TE now over any years we had Giraffe Lewis. I never forgave him for his dropped passes.
(09-21-2020, 02:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I like our TE now over any years we had Giraffe Lewis. I never forgave him for his dropped passes.

I can see that.

I like Eifert too.  And I would take him over Marcedes in the passing game... but Lewis was an above average player. Particularly in the run game.
Yeah I guess
(09-21-2020, 01:54 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2020, 01:44 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]There hasnt been a quality TE since the late 90s (Brady).  Granted he was a road-grader blocker, Pete Mitchell was good.  The TE from Denver sucked.

Marcedes Lewis?  1st round pick and Pro Bowler?  He was less effective after Garrard moved on, but he could block and catch.  I liked him.

You're right.  ML deserves mentioning.  I think of him more of a blocking TE.  He was not elusive, didn't break many tackles when he did catch the ball.  Yep, he belongs on the TE keeper list.
Eifert was balling. I have him on my bench in fantasy, I knew I should've started him. I think he will play a pivotal role in our offense if he can stay healthy. I also really like Oshaunesey or however you spell his name. He's also very good.
(09-21-2020, 02:38 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]Eifert was balling. I have him on my bench in fantasy, I knew I should've started him. I think he will play a pivotal role in our offense if he can stay healthy. I also really like Oshaunesey or however you spell his name. He's also very good.

O'Shag is easier to spell. Lol
O’SHAUGHNESSY

I think that’s how it’s spelled. Oshag is easier