Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clowney lining up offsides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's up with this.  This was very clear on TV prior to the snap.  How can the ref miss this obvious lining up offsides penalty on our final drive.  This was the game clinching play for the Titans but it happened prior to this as well.

[Image: jadeveon-clowney-offsides-1.jpg]
The same way they called PI on Jack
(09-21-2020, 01:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]The same way they called PI on Jack

Good point.  What was I thinking with regard to being fair & neutral
I've noticed this happening across the league, players helmets in the neutral zone not being called.

This one is completely egregious and unacceptable with the player actually lining up in the neutral area
I saw this pre-snap and thought it was an obvious offsides. This and the Jack PI call are infuriating. Officials calls or no-calls 100% effected the result of this game. That shouled never happen. There is also no accountability by the NFL for blown calls.

I fully expect the NFL league office to issue a statement this week saying the Jack play was a judgement call that could have gone either way. There is no excuse for the Clowney offsides no-call.
(09-21-2020, 01:38 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this pre-snap and thought it was an obvious offsides.  This and the Jack PI call are infuriating.  Officials calls or no-calls 100% effected the result of this game.  That shouled never happen.  There is also no accountability by the NFL for blown calls.

I fully expect the NFL league office to issue a statement this week saying the Jack play was a judgement call that could have gone either way.  There is no excuse for the Clowney offsides no-call.

Honestly I was digging last weeks game against the Colts when they weren’t calling a lot of stuff. 

I think football is ruined by the refs, every flag should be subject to review IMO. The rules are so arbitrary. And if it’s the difference between winning and losing a game than it should have the right to be challenged.
What’s up with Taylor deciding not to block ?
Wow. Definitely offsides.

However, I am of the mindset that less flags are better. They're should be plenty of leeway in football, keeps it more physical and interesting. Flags ruin the game for me
(09-21-2020, 02:35 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]However, I am of the mindset that less flags are better. 

WE'VE BEEN STRONG. WE'VE JUST BEEN PLAYIN BY THE RULES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVQ160TF5U
Yeah, it's a little crazy sometimes but to tell the truth, I've gotten so accustomed to having this kind of thing happen to the Jags, I just kind of ignore it now. We need to play well enough to overcome it.
(09-21-2020, 01:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]The same way they called PI on Jack

and the PI on that third and forever, just huck it up and pray for a flag, after all you're playing the jags.
(09-21-2020, 02:35 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Definitely offsides.

However, I am of the mindset that less flags are better. They're should be plenty of leeway in football, keeps it more physical and interesting. Flags ruin the game for me

What does "plenty of leeway" even mean?? Doesn't ignoring blatant fouls do more harm to the game though? I mean... using your logic..  Let the Defense play offsides all game. Let them surround the QB and when he hikes it they can just destroy him with no repercussions. Or after the QB has thrown the ball and is out of the play, send a DE to helmet to helmet him and an other crash at his knees. Screw it, right?! LEEWAY BABY! I jest, but dude... Rules are there for a reason. He's clearly offsides, 5 yard penalty. Rules applied fairly and evenly are important in a game, or we no longer have a game.
(09-21-2020, 01:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]What's up with this.  This was very clear on TV prior to the snap.  How can the ref miss this obvious lining up offsides penalty on our final drive.  This was the game clinching play for the Titans but it happened prior to this as well.

From that angle he looks offside.  I'll bet it looks way different from an angle looking down the line of scrimmage.
(09-21-2020, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]From that angle he looks offside.  I'll bet it looks way different from an angle looking down the line of scrimmage.

I get what you are saying.  Kind of like, if you look at J-Lo from this angle, she looks curvy but if you look from another angle she has no [BLEEP].

[Image: jennifer-lopez-favorite-leggings-287973-...700x0c.jpg]
(09-21-2020, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2020, 01:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]What's up with this.  This was very clear on TV prior to the snap.  How can the ref miss this obvious lining up offsides penalty on our final drive.  This was the game clinching play for the Titans but it happened prior to this as well.

From that angle he looks offside.  I'll bet it looks way different from an angle looking down the line of scrimmage.

[Image: Eidne4nXcAAhRmd?format=jpg&name=large]
(09-21-2020, 05:58 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2020, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]From that angle he looks offside.  I'll bet it looks way different from an angle looking down the line of scrimmage.

[Image: Eidne4nXcAAhRmd?format=jpg&name=large]

I still don't buy it.  In the first picture Clowney's left foot is behind the 45 yard line (towards the 50).  In the second picture his foot is on the 45 yard line.

Been wrestling with this as well. I said in the game thread maybe the center moved the ball a bit forward in his stance. 

If you look at the bottom of the pic, and the positioning of the sticks i think the line of scrimmage was the 44 and 1/2 and not the 45 as it seems. It was actually 2nd and 1 and a half. Only explanation i can muster other than the refs just hate you guys
Just watched the previous play and the ref did spot the ball on the 45 though so maybe they do just hate you guys. The sticks look like more than a yard though
knarnn's picture is a very bad photoshop job.  What's with all Titans player's numbers being "blotted out" and the white streak down the side of the second DL from the top's leg?

At least whine about something legitimate.
Patriots get away with it all the time.

[Image: 2019_POTG_RegWk01_AllOLOffsides.00_00_34...00x600.jpg]
Pages: 1 2