Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Alt-Right Movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"We want to refound a new right on a dramatically different basis than the current conservative movement and the GOP has been founded.  That's going to involve dank memes. That's going to involve Pepe. It's going to involve unleashing a little chaos."

While I freely admit that the site I am about to link to has a bias with a lot of the stuff they write about, I just want you to watch the 5 minute video which largely takes clips from prepared speeches by leaders of this movement.  These are their own words. There is no spin possible from filming their own words when they are saying things that are crystal clear and do not require slick editing jobs.  So I do not see how a bias is possible. This group is gaining steam in part by the methods and rhetoric Trump has used during this campaign. I would like to think members of this board reject ties to the things this group is saying.  I do not associate all Trump supporters with this group.

But I also do not see many people who support the GOP, conservative values or the Trump campaign, whether they are the average Joe or people you see on right or left wing media outlets, rejecting this movement or the things they say.  That is the scary part.

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/09/19...nce/213150
OF course anyone one with a brain should be rejecting the re-packed Neo-nazi movement. I didn't know there was someone claiming to be an "alt-right" figured it was just some term someone picked up and started using. The speakers in that video sure did sound like Neo-nazi movement and they certainty don't represent my beliefs or values regardless of what they call themselves. 
I found this video informative and spot on 

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/08...needs-see/

I loved the reminder that nationalism and conservatism are NOT the same thing.

Quote:OF course anyone one with a brain should be rejecting the re-packed Neo-nazi movement. I didn't know there was someone claiming to be an "alt-right" figured it was just some term someone picked up and started using. The speakers in that video sure did sound like Neo-nazi movement and they certainty don't represent my beliefs or values regardless of what they call themselves.

Doesn't sound like they represent anyone that posts on this board.
Objectivism: pointing out the inherent contradiction that proves this movement cannot be compatible with Donald Trump's campaign.
I love how since neo-nazi racists are primarily forced to pick either one of two sides (dem or rep), the one they do pick is always considered the racist party because they picked it.. 

These neo-scumbags are primarily republican anyway, so I guess that makes us republicans all racists, xenophobes and hate mongers.. 

Libtards will libtard... 
Quote:I love how since neo-nazi racists are primarily forced to pick either one of two sides (dem or rep), the one they do pick is always considered the racist party because they picked it..

These neo-scumbags are primarily republican anyway, so I guess that makes us republicans all racists, xenophobes and hate mongers..

Libtards will libtard...

You clearly have a firm grasp on comprehensive reading. That is precisely what I said.
Quote:You clearly have a firm grasp on comprehensive reading. That is precisely what I said.

Did i quote you and call you incorrect? Or did you just assume?
Wow, a new vast right conspiracy. I think I've seen this movie before.
Quote:Wow, a new vast right conspiracy. I think I've seen this movie before.
Sounds like an Oliver Stone flick. Or is it the other guy whose name is stuck in my brain somewhere so I can't think of it?
Quote:Sounds like an Oliver Stone flick. Or is it the other guy whose name is stuck in my brain somewhere so I can't think of it?
Michael Moore, Maybe?
Quote:Michael Moore, Maybe?
Ew, now I need a shower.  :yucky:
I had to laugh when the rich white guy said there going to use "Dank memes and Pepe" to "cause a little chaos".
Quote:Ew, now I need a shower.  :yucky:
Sorry, wasn't trying to traumatize you.  :teehee:  That was just who I thought of, now maybe it won't be stuck in your head, if he was the guy. 
Quote:Sorry, wasn't trying to traumatize you.  :teehee:  That was just who I thought of, now maybe it won't be stuck in your head, if he was the guy. 
You have been successful in purging me.  :thanks:
Quote:But I also do not see many people who support the GOP, conservative values or the Trump campaign, whether they are the average Joe or people you see on right or left wing media outlets, rejecting this movement or the things they say.  That is the scary part.

How could you since you only read left wing propaganda? 
I've read many conservative columnists reject this movement. 

Tying the Republican party to these neo-nazis is like tying the democrats to radical Islam. I'm pretty sure just about every radical Muslim will vote for Hillary.

Quote:How could you since you only read left wing propaganda? 

Tying the Republican party to these neo-nazis is like tying the democrats to radical Islam. I'm pretty sure just about every radical Muslim will vote for Hillary.

I think a better analogy is tying the democrat party to everything BLM does. When they riot and loot and act out it's a reflection of the party they support by that logic. 
Quote:How could you since you only read left wing propaganda?

You know what I read? Creepy. Forget the columnists. Where are the political figures that are openly rejecting this movement. Where is the video of any long standing Republican denouncing this movement? Maybe I am not digging deep enough, but I haven't seen it.
Quote:You know what I read? Creepy. Forget the columnists. Where are the political figures that are openly rejecting this movement. Where is the video of any long standing Republican denouncing this movement? Maybe I am not digging deep enough, but I haven't seen it.

I've never heard you say you denounce these people either. Or that you denounce Hitler, Stalin, or Fidel Castro. You must support ISIS too, I've never heard you denounce them either...Does that mean you agree with any of those groups just because you haven't actually said you don't?
Quote:I've never heard you say you denounce these people either. Or that you denounce Hitler, Stalin, or Fidel Castro. You must support ISIS too, I've never heard you denounce them either...Does that mean you agree with any of those groups just because you haven't actually said you don't?

Sieg Heil, comrade communist..
Pages: 1 2 3 4