Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bloomberg Pays Off Florida Felons' Fines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bloomberg, who has pledged to put $100 million into Florida to help Biden, has paid off the fines of 32,000 felons, so they can vote.   

Since [just the facts here] felons in Florida skew towards African-Americans, and since African Americans skew heavily Democratic, then if these people register to vote and vote, that is a big boost to Biden in a state as close as Florida.  

Rep Matt Gaetz is saying there is something illegal about what Bloomberg is doing, but it seems to me that if all Bloomberg does is pay their fines, and someone else (say, the Democratic Party) gets them registered and gets them to vote, then I don't see anything illegal about it.
Just shows which party is evil.

I mean.. what other facts do you need? Hey we're the party of felons and criminals and we love it. It's going to blow up in their faces. Independents are the ones who sway the vote, not registered party backers... and you think they like seeing crap like this?
Real simple, illegal.

" "[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz explained. "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/matt-ga...rg-florida
(09-23-2020, 07:18 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Real simple, illegal.

" "[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz explained. "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does."

But paying off the fines is not impacting whether they vote.  It's impacting whether they are eligible to vote.  There's no quid pro quo.  They don't have to vote to get their fines paid off.
(09-23-2020, 07:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 07:18 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Real simple, illegal.

But paying off the fines is not impacting whether they vote.  It's impacting whether they are eligible to vote.  There's no quid pro quo.  They don't have to vote to get their fines paid off.

It's a despicable thing to do regardless of its legality.

I can't believe anyone would support a party that openly admits it wants the lowest of the low to vote for them. The Party of Pandering.
I heard LeBron was involved in this as well.

LMAO at the assumption felons will actually follow through and vote.
The Real Marty would understand the optics of this if he imagined Trump was doing this.
Once they are out, Trump should offer them jobs
(09-23-2020, 07:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Once they are out, Trump should offer them jobs

Trump doesn't need to hire convicted felons.  He makes his own.
(09-23-2020, 07:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]But paying off the fines is not impacting whether they vote.  It's impacting whether they are eligible to vote.  There's no quid pro quo.  They don't have to vote to get their fines paid off.

Buuuwhaaahaaa!! Laughing Laughing  Real solid plan there, remove another deterrence to crime from these criminals in a weak [BLEEP] plan to buy votes. Pathetic.

Yeah, I'm sure they will be told "Hey, you're welcome about those fines and make sure that you vote your conscience whether that be Trump or creepy joe.
(09-23-2020, 07:53 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 07:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]But paying off the fines is not impacting whether they vote.  It's impacting whether they are eligible to vote.  There's no quid pro quo.  They don't have to vote to get their fines paid off.

Buuuwhaaahaaa!! Laughing Laughing  Real solid plan there, remove another deterrence to crime from these criminals in a weak [BLEEP] plan to buy votes. Pathetic.

Yeah, I'm sure they will be told "Hey, you're welcome about those fines and make sure that you vote your conscience whether that be Trump or creepy joe.

You seriously think that the prospect of not being eligible to vote would actually deter someone from committing a crime?  Buuuwhaaaahaaa right back at ya!

(09-23-2020, 07:29 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]

It's a despicable thing to do regardless of its legality.

I can't believe anyone would support a party that openly admits it wants the lowest of the low to vote for them. The Party of Pandering.

Florida voters voted to allow convicted felons to vote, by a 2/3 majority.   It was DeSantis who imposed the obligation to pay off all their fines first.   Since a 2/3 majority of Florida voters want convicted felons to be able to vote, I doubt the optics of this would be hurtful to Biden.
(09-23-2020, 07:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 07:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Once they are out, Trump should offer them jobs

You mad Slow Joe hasn't created a single paying job his entire career?

(09-23-2020, 07:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 07:53 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Buuuwhaaahaaa!! Laughing Laughing  Real solid plan there, remove another deterrence to crime from these criminals in a weak [BLEEP] plan to buy votes. Pathetic.

You seriously think that the prospect of not being eligible to vote would actually deter someone from committing a crime?  Buuuwhaaaahaaa right back at ya!

(09-23-2020, 07:29 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]It's a despicable thing to do regardless of its legality.

Florida voters voted to allow convicted felons to vote, by a 2/3 majority.   It was DeSantis who imposed the obligation to pay off all their fines first.   Since a 2/3 majority of Florida voters want convicted felons to be able to vote, I doubt the optics of this would be hurtful to Biden.

Allowing convicted felons to vote and paying off their fines so they actually can vote are two completely different things.
Does it feel good to support a party that hates their country so much they want the support of people that break its laws? And don't say anything about Trump. Trump has nothing to do with this.
(09-23-2020, 08:06 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]Does it feel good to support a party that hates their country so much they want the support of people that break its laws? And don't say anything about Trump. Trump has nothing to do with this.

He already tried to justify the move by blaming Florida voters. Democrats deflect blame so they can maintain their moral compass direction.
(09-23-2020, 07:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

No, they made themselves. If the people surrounding any democrat candidate, especially Hillary Clinton, had undergone the scrutiny by an abetting media and a weaponized bureaucracy like those associated with Trump, there would be an equal amount of felonies rooted out. So stop with the sanctimonious finger pointing.
Sure will make for some nice campaign ads for Trump.

" They are so worried creepy joe and his pin cushion bloomy are trying to buy votes in Florida by lending a helping hand to known felons. "
(09-23-2020, 08:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 07:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Trump doesn't need to hire convicted felons.  He makes his own.

No, they made themselves. If the people surrounding any democrat candidate, especially Hillary Clinton, had undergone the scrutiny by an abetting media and a weaponized bureaucracy like those associated with Trump, there would be an equal amount of felonies rooted out. So stop with the sanctimonious finger pointing.

Sorry, just trying to be funny.  It was not a serious comment.
(09-23-2020, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 08:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]No, they made themselves. If the people surrounding any democrat candidate, especially Hillary Clinton, had undergone the scrutiny by an abetting media and a weaponized bureaucracy like those associated with Trump, there would be an equal amount of felonies rooted out. So stop with the sanctimonious finger pointing.

Sorry, just trying to be funny.  It was not a serious comment.

Oh. Sorry. Perhaps I should unclench a little.
(09-23-2020, 07:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2020, 07:53 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Buuuwhaaahaaa!! Laughing Laughing  Real solid plan there, remove another deterrence to crime from these criminals in a weak [BLEEP] plan to buy votes. Pathetic.

(09-23-2020, 07:29 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]It's a despicable thing to do regardless of its legality.

Those same voters passed every amendment that was on the ballot that year, even though they weren't along party lines and had several bundled proposals. That doesn't reflect the will of the people as much as it reflects a low IQ voter.
I heard we're not only attempting to register former felons but there is an initiative going to register Florida felines as well. ROCK THE VOTE - Meow. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3